I was walking home last night, looked across and a lady was on the wrong side of a barrier over a bridge.

gamer.tv

I was with my friend after the England game and a few beers and only happened to look across the road as we were walking.  We both went across, asked if she was OK and were then joined by 3 other guys also just walking home.  I think we spent maybe 10 minutes talking with her whilst the police were contacted and made there way over.  Then probably another 10 as they approached her, sent us away one by one and then talked her into climbing back over the barrier. 

It was pretty horrific to see her reaction (shaking legs, blank face) and the fact that she may have jumped and killed herself. 

Suffice to say, quite a dicey thing to see.be part of.  Though huge credit to a door man and former marine who did most of the talking of our group and the police who managed to both make her safe and ensure she will get help if needed.