• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

The Blood Dragon

• 28,866 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

http://www.eurogamer...-colossus-movie

A movie based on Team Ico's beloved PlayStation 2 adventure Shadow of the Colossus is currently in the works at Sony Pictures, according to a Deadline report.

Josh Trank, the man behind this year's solid found-footage superhero flick Chronicle, has signed on to direct the live action adaptation and is currently looking for a scriptwriter.

No indication was offered as to when the film might arrive in cinemas or who might be cast in the leading roles.

For the uninitiated, the 2005 game tells the story of a young man who sets out on a quest to slay 16 giants in an attempt to revive a girl named Mono.

Trank is apparently a huge fan of Team Ico's work and deliberately sought out the project.

The game recently saw an HD re-release on PlayStation 3, picking up a 9/10 from Eurogamer's Christian Donlan. See the full Shadow of the Colossus HD review for details.
http://www.last.fm/user/Hydro-Thunder

PC: i5-3570K 8GB 660Ti 1TB
Laptop: i7-4700MQ 12GB 765m 750GB

#2 never_knows_best

never_knows_best

Not a Mod

• 13,254 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

If Sony can't get a frigging Uncharted film off the ground there's no way this would get made.

Not sure if I'd want to see this in movie form anyway. It'd need some deep changes/additions. The narrative is perfect for a video game but it isn't nearly enough to carry a movie. I'm not against changes inherently but I love Shadow for very specific reasons and I'm not sure those could successfully be put on screen, it'd have to change into something else entirely.

Unless they'd go full-on "artsy" with it. Which would be amazing.
but now we dance this grim fandango
and will four years before we rest

#3 Greatoneshere

Greatoneshere
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

It's been in development for a long while now and Josh Trank is being pulled in many directions. I don't think it'll happen.
"@Greatoneshere - I think you look into things too deeply." - Karld316

#4 Comet

Comet

9th Robot Master

• 18,962 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Why not just put their resources to actually finish The Last Guardian? WTF happened to Team Ico this generation?
Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 5343-8030-5769

#5 Greatoneshere

Greatoneshere
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostComet, on 23 May 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Why not just put their resources to actually finish The Last Guardian? WTF happened to Team Ico this generation?

The film adaptation has nothing to do with Team ICO.
"@Greatoneshere - I think you look into things too deeply." - Karld316

#6 Brick

Brick

Killed a guy with a trident!

• 4,948 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't see how this would work as a film.

Hell it hardly worked as a game!

Spoiler

Intel Core Ivy Bridge i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz, 2TB Harddrive, 256GB Solid State Drive, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670, 27" 2560x1440 Monitor, Windows 7 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users