• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#106 CastlevaniaNut18

CastlevaniaNut18

FLYIN' ACE

• 22,162 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Postktownhero, on 29 May 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Sin & Punishment, MadWorld, Super Paper Mario, Silent Hill, and Metroid Other M are terrible games.  And a lot of the others mentioned here are good, but also the type of games you play and completely forget about... Like Mario Kart, Silent Hill, Fire Emblem.

If I included games that sucked but were popular by the masses and totally average, forgettable games in the list of the other systems it'd be 10x as long.

PS - I'm disappointed in your list's lack of Excitetruck and Elebits.  I guess I'm a bigger Wii fan than you :)
God I hate trolls. So pathetic.
Retro game and hardware collector
My collection: https://spreadsheets...N0E&hl=en&gid=0
PC specs: AMD HD6970 2GB/16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM/AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0ghz
ASUS Crosshair V AM3+ AMD 990FX/Crucial M4 64GB SSD/WD 1TB HDD/WD 320GB HDD
Antec 1200 V3/Corsair HX750 750W Modular PSU

#107 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I played all of the games I mentioned.

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 29 May 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

:lol:

Only on the internet.

Only from people who actually play a variety of games.  Those games are shit.  Madworld was a wannabe No More Heroes with worse gameplay, no story worth watching, and completely uninspired.  Super Paper Mario was a 20 hour game tutorial.  Metroid Other M was a noobfest on rails game, lol.  Just go play Super Metroid if you want a million times better game.  Silent Hill?  Gimme a break.

Mario Kart and Fire Emblem are the same game they've been for over a decade.  You might as well say a restaurant is great for having french fries.  It's so uninteresting at this point.

#108 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

No you didn't.   I don't believe anything you say about the Wii whatsoever.  Your overwhelming hate for the system means that if you actually have been playing these games, you're a fool who enjoys experiencing things you claim to hate.  Nothing you have to say about Nintendo can be taken even remotely seriously by anyone.

#109 CastlevaniaNut18

CastlevaniaNut18

FLYIN' ACE

• 22,162 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

There are certain users here who I simply put no stock in what they say. They're just not worth shit. ktown is one of those.
Retro game and hardware collector
My collection: https://spreadsheets...N0E&hl=en&gid=0
PC specs: AMD HD6970 2GB/16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM/AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0ghz
ASUS Crosshair V AM3+ AMD 990FX/Crucial M4 64GB SSD/WD 1TB HDD/WD 320GB HDD
Antec 1200 V3/Corsair HX750 750W Modular PSU

#110 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 29 May 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

No you didn't.   I don't believe anything you say about the Wii whatsoever.  Your overwhelming hate for the system means that if you actually have been playing these games, you're a fool who enjoys experiencing things you claim to hate.  Nothing you have to say about Nintendo can be taken even remotely seriously by anyone.

I like good games.  I've owned or played all of the games mentioned.  There are a lot of games I really like for the Wii, like Elebits, ExciteTruck, Twilight Princess, Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Boom Blox, NSMB Wii, Monster Hunter Tri.  I still have most of those games on my shelf, actually.  I do like Mario Kart, great game, but it's just Mario Kart.  I wouldn't exactly call it some major thing.  It's the same game I've been playing on every system since SNES.

The reality is that what I say is more valid than most, and maybe that bothers you guys.  I don't comment on games I haven't played, and as you'll notice I didn't state anything about games on your list that I haven't.

#111 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Bullshit.  You haven't played any of those.  I know this because anyone who actually thinks Elebits is a good game hasn't actually played it.

#112 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Elebits was awesome in the context of the Wii's release.  Maybe you weren't around then, but I camped out for that thing.  I played me some ExciteTruck, Elebits and TP for weeks.

The Wii isn't a horrendous system, if you were stuck in a vacuum.  It's certainly better than 3DO or CD-i, and it certain does have some AAA games.  But it has less of them than the other consoles, both from big publishers and from indie devs.  Fact.  So, in the context of the actual world, this game generation, it's poop.

#113 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

I camped out for a Wii as well and bought Elebits the DAY it was released in December of 2006, unlike you who apparently jumped in a time machine and bought the game at the Wii's launch.  It was not a good game.

The rest of your post is typical ktown bullshit so I'll refrain from responding.

#114 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Right, ok.  Well then refrain from saying I'm a liar.  You know I'm not lying, you just don't agree with my opinion.  But if I had to choose which opinion was more valid, I'd pick the guy with a wider breadth of experience (me).  I played them all dude.  In fact, the WiiU will be the first time in my life that I don't buy a Nintendo console on day 1.  You can rest assured that my opinion on the WiiU will be completely baseless conjecture, because it won't be in my possession.  Unfortunately for you, the same can't be said of the Wii.

#115 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

View Postktownhero, on 29 May 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

But if I had to choose which opinion was more valid, I'd pick the guy with a wider breadth of experience (me).

:lol:

#116 senseinobaka

senseinobaka

10256'd

• 3,847 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Sin & Punishment, MadWorld, Super Paper Mario, Silent Hill, and Metroid Other M are terrible games.  

Atleast your hate is correct 1 in 5 times.

#117 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

I get Silent Hill, just because there are people that love scary things no matter what.  I mean, scary movies are the cheesiest ones around and there is no shortage of fans.  But S&P, MadWorld and Super Paper Mario?  They are all worse versions of games that came before them.  S&P isn't anywhere near as good as any Treasure shooter before it.  MadWorld is an inferior No More Heroes and Super Paper Mario is a shell of its predecessors.

I guess there's no real value in debating it.

#118 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Star Successor is EASILY as good as games like Radiant Silvergun, Gunstar Heroes, Bangai-O and Ikaruga.  Play the game for more than 30 seconds (if you played it at all, which I highly doubt).

It might not be as good as Guardian Heroes though, because Guardian Heroes was crafted by God Himself.

#119 Allosteric_Inhibitor

Allosteric_Inhibitor
  • Newly Registered
  • 705 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

I knew this thread would become full of ktown farting from his mouth about the Wii as usual.

#120 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 29 May 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Star Successor is EASILY as good as games like Radiant Silvergun, Gunstar Heroes, Bangai-O and Ikaruga.  Play the game for more than 30 seconds (if you played it at all, which I highly doubt).

It might not be as good as Guardian Heroes though, because Guardian Heroes was crafted by God Himself.

lol, it's nowhere near any of those games.  You might as well try to tell me that Primal Rage is as good as Street Fighter 2.  I'm glad you at least know your Treasure games though.  How on Earth you would categorize it among the greats like that is beyond me, but hey different strokes for different folks.  FWIW, Ikaruga is my #2 game of all-time.  I own it for Dreamcast, Gamecube and 360.  After all these years, I still have a long way to go with it.  I can S the first two levels and A the third... but stages 4 and 5 are still a shit show.

#121 AlmostAutumn

AlmostAutumn
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

I didn't like Madworld either :shrug:  A lot of hype and a great art style, but the gameplay and content just felt shallow.  Except, at it's used price now which is somewhere between $5 and $10, it's one hell of a good deal.
Posted Image

#122 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

MadWorld has tons of issues but it's not a "terrible" game by any means.  I didn't care for it much myself but it's decent.

#123 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

View Postktownhero, on 29 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

lol, it's nowhere near any of those games.  You might as well try to tell me that Primal Rage is as good as Street Fighter 2.

What a retarded comparison.  It's easily one of Treasure's best.  I cannot fathom a real Treasure fan disliking it.

#124 Dragonseeker

Dragonseeker
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

Sin & Punishment, MadWorld, Super Paper Mario, Silent Hill, and Metroid Other M are terrible games.  And a lot of the others mentioned here are good, but also the type of games you play and completely forget about... Like Mario Kart, Silent Hill, Fire Emblem.

If I included games that sucked but were popular by the masses and totally average, forgettable games in the list of the other systems it'd be 10x as long.

PS - I'm disappointed in your list's lack of Excitetruck and Elebits.  I guess I'm a bigger Wii fan than you :)

Sin and Punishment is one of best rail shooters of this entire generation. The game has badass bossess and is hard as hell.

What the hell is wrong with you?

And nobody here is saying the Wii has better games than the other consoles...they are saying the WIi has alot of good and great games.

#125 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 29 May 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

What a retarded comparison.  It's easily one of Treasure's best.  I cannot fathom a real Treasure fan disliking it.

View PostDragonseeker, on 30 May 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Sin and Punishment is one of best rail shooters of this entire generation. The game has badass bossess and is hard as hell.

I'm a huge Treasure fan, but S&P2 just doesn't do it for me.  A great shooter/action game is easy to play, difficult to master.  S&P2 is difficult to play, annoying to master.  It probably isn't helped by the crap-ass resolution of the Wii which makes everything look and feel more cluttered.  It's my least favorite Treasure game, by far.  Games like that were cool in the Saturn & N64 days because they were working within technical limitations.  But today?  Nah.  The only on rails shooter that is cool any more is pretty much just Rez, but that's not because it is a great game from a gameplay standpoint, it's just a great game from an aesthetics standpoint.

On rails shooters were meant to die with the hardware that couldn't handle more than that.  And there's no 3D shooter in existence that even comes close to being as good as a solid 2D one, especially the Treasure greats.  And if you really like shooters, and you want to bring up consoles and quirky games that they have, then you should be jumping all over the 360 for the fact that they have brought numerous Cave shooters to the US for the first time ever.  The worst Cave shooter is at least as good as Treasure's best.

This is just another one of those games that the starving Wii crowd thinks is great because, let's be honest, it is probably great compared to the rest of their library.  It's a cash-in sequel to the nostalgia-fest that is the original N64 game.  If you want evidence of that; I bought it less than a year after release for $17 and it's still on my shelf because the $5 I'd get for it isn't even worth my time.

#126 Bjomesphat

Bjomesphat
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Postktownhero, on 30 May 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

I'm a huge Treasure fan, but S&P2 just doesn't do it for me.  A great shooter/action game is easy to play, difficult to master.  S&P2 is difficult to play, annoying to master.  It probably isn't helped by the crap-ass resolution of the Wii which makes everything look and feel more cluttered.  It's my least favorite Treasure game, by far.  Games like that were cool in the Saturn & N64 days because they were working within technical limitations.  But today?  Nah.  The only on rails shooter that is cool any more is pretty much just Rez, but that's not because it is a great game from a gameplay standpoint, it's just a great game from an aesthetics standpoint.

On rails shooters were meant to die with the hardware that couldn't handle more than that.  And there's no 3D shooter in existence that even comes close to being as good as a solid 2D one, especially the Treasure greats.  And if you really like shooters, and you want to bring up consoles and quirky games that they have, then you should be jumping all over the 360 for the fact that they have brought numerous Cave shooters to the US for the first time ever.  The worst Cave shooter is at least as good as Treasure's best.

This is just another one of those games that the starving Wii crowd thinks is great because, let's be honest, it is probably great compared to the rest of their library.  It's a cash-in sequel to the nostalgia-fest that is the original N64 game.  If you want evidence of that; I bought it less than a year after release for $17 and it's still on my shelf because the $5 I'd get for it isn't even worth my time.

Nice troll attempt, but I don't think anyone championing the game on these boards or even very many in general that would be interested in the game are Wii-only gamers. No one is saying you have to like the game, but it's kind of strange to stick to some arbitrary notion that on-rails games shouldn't exist anymore. Also seems kind of strange to diss the Wii for having unique titles and genres that don't really exist anywhere else.

At least I don't think Demon's Souls/Dark Souls are some of the greatest games of all time.

#127 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

On rails shooters were meant to die with the hardware that couldn't handle more than that.

You say some really stupid shit.  The 2D games you champion are all rail shooters....in 2D, which have been around far longer than shooters in 3D.  Guess those should have died with more capable hardware as well.   Good lord.

#128 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm not dissing the Wii for having unique games, I'm challenging that it does.  Star Successor isn't "unique", it's a sequel to a 15 year old game and it shows.  And you can buy games like Rez HD on 360 and maybe even PS3.  If you want to talk unique, then let's talk Zak & Wiki, Boom Blox, No More Heroes, etc.

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 30 May 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

You say some really stupid shit.  The 2D games you champion are all rail shooters....in 2D, which have been around far longer than shooters in 3D.  Guess those should have died with more capable hardware as well.   Good lord.

Umm... No they aren't.

#129 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

I own and love Rez.  It isn't as good as Sin and Punishment 2.  You act like you're trying to educate me or something.  I first played Rez on the DC back in 2001.

Bought Zack and Wiki in October 2007, loved it.

Own both Boom Blox games, enjoyed them quite a bit.

Own both No More Heroes titles, loved the first, had a decent time with the sequel.  I also had a good time with Shadows of the Damned and am looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw.

None of these games are as good as Sin and Punishment: Star Successor.

#130 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Rez isn't a great game, but it's a visual and audio masterpiece.  That's about all an on-rails shooter is good for today, since it is an outdated genre.

#131 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Then Cave shooters are outdated as well.  Same with Super Meat Boy.

Your logic, it be dumb.

#132 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I'm not going to play the semantics game.  You know as well as I that a vertical shmup is not the same thing as Panzer Dragoon or Sin & Punishment.

Enjoy what you will, I was just calling you (or somebody) out for claiming that the Wii is some haven of unique and quality games.  It isn't.  It is completely dwarfed by the offerings of each of the three other platforms.

PS - I have no clue why you mentioned Super Meat Boy

#133 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Because you love it and have spent years championing it as one of the best games ever made.  But by your own dumb arguments, it should have never been made, since more capable hardware now exists.

#134 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 30 May 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Because you love it and have spent years championing it as one of the best games ever made.  But by your own dumb arguments, it should have never been made, since more capable hardware now exists.

To the contrary, it uses the newer hardware amazingly.  Super Meat Boy wouldn't be the same if it weren't high resolution and in wide-screen.  In fact, the developers of SMB said it themselves; they won't port it to the Wii because "the game would be shit".  Super Meat Boy is, by all accounts, proof of how ass-backwards Nintendo has become.  Not only does it show the importance of technology even in "basic" gaming, it entirely destroys any 2D Mario game they've put out since SNES.

#135 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Super Meat Boy was almost completely developed on Wii and THEN PORTED to the 360 and PC.  The only reason it didn't release on Wii was due to the 40 MB WiiWare limit, which Team Meat thought Nintendo would lift for them, but they didn't.  The game would be exactly the same if it been published on Wii, sans the resolution.  In an alternate universe, your hatred for the game if it had been the EXACT SAME GAME but only released for Wii would have been beautiful to watch.

#136 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

I would have loved the game even if it came out for Wii, just like I loved playing games like Cave Story and Lost Winds (is that the name?) on the Wii when they came out.  I just like good games.  But, as it stands, it didn't come out for the Wii and that made the game even better.  The cleanliness of SMB's visuals is undeniable.  I've thoroughly enjoyed several Wii games, there just haven't been that many of them.

#137 Bjomesphat

Bjomesphat
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

And Mega Man 9 based on NES tech is the best sidescroller since probably the SNES days. So what's your point? Tech has nothing to do with the quality of a game. They even made the Wii version 480i along with the 4:3 ratio just to stay legit.

#138 OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

ktown, you didn't play Cave Story on Wii.  I specifically remember a post years ago from you saying how stupid it would be to buy Cave Story when you can get it for free on PC.  You wouldn't have played Super Meat Boy if it had come to Wii, stop lying to us.

#139 ktownhero

ktownhero

Pony Deluxe

• 7,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostOrbitalBeard, on 30 May 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

You didn't play Cave Story on Wii.  I specifically remember a post years ago from you saying how stupid it would be to buy Cave Story when you can get it for free on PC.

I don't remember whether I posted that or not, but if I did I changed my mind.  I played it for an hour or so on PC, and then decided to buy it for the Wii to support the guy.  And the Wii version, at the time, was better than the PC version.  It was a great game, and I much preferred playing it on the classic controller than the keyboard.  That's actually the main reason I bought it.

#140 Dragonseeker

Dragonseeker
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

I have a Playstation 3 and I own games like Batman: AA, God of War III, Shadow of the Colossus collection, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and NBA 2K10.

And I stil think Sin and Punishment is a great game. You just don't like rail shooters. And there is no clutter. That is like saying all shooters on GameCube, PS2, and Xbox were all cluttered. You are either a graphics fanatic or you need glasses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users