• Announcements

• Mr.Vic20

Site Update (Take 2!)   02/08/2016

We will be updating the site on Friday the 12th of February from 8pm-12pm EST.
OrbitalBeard

The Nintendo Wii (2006-2012)

143 posts in this topic

I could have easily did without the Wii this gen on my shelf as it collects dust on mine as well.

Anecdotal but out of every single wii owner i've known irl, and there were many since i was pretty much in a big game industry recruiting college at the time, everybody sold theirs in less than a year but the one guy who wouldn't do it cuz it was a gift from his mom. He just put it back in the box and tossed it in his closet.

Had fun with the Wii for sure, but by far my most disappointing console of all time for me. Hope the Wii-U is an improvement.

I could have easily did without the Wii this gen on my shelf as it collects dust on mine as well.

Yet you bought two of them. It's definitely a console worth purchasing twice, I don't blame you for doing it.

I will miss the Wii and the massive profits I made off the two times I owned one.

Great system, some of the best games this gen.

The games on it were a total extension of what made the PS2/GCN era so great (not including the technical similarities). It's a shame this gen was all about the bloated big budget titles, there's some real hidden gems on the Wii that most will ignore because it's not popular.

Great system, some of the best games this gen.

The games on it were a total extension of what made the PS2/GCN era so great (not including the technical similarities). It's a shame this gen was all about the bloated big budget titles, there's some real hidden gems on the Wii that most will ignore because it's not popular.

Eh, same for all other consoles. In fact, you can say the entire PSP and DS 3rd Party libraries are hidden gems :P

Eh, same for all other consoles. In fact, you can say the entire PSP and DS 3rd Party libraries are hidden gems :P

Yeah, this. The Wii did have some hidden gems, unfortunately the 360, PS3 and PC each had about 10x more.

Dudebros who were too cool to play the wii is not evidence that it was a bad system.

it's graphics sucked but it had some amazing games, the one console that remembered that sometimes people like to play games with friends in the same room.

I'll admit, the Wii is actually my favorite Nintendo console since the SNES. Even though i really enjoyed the Cube, i felt that the Wii had more and better games, and even though there were alot of "waggle" games, there were alot of really good ones, or ones that just really appealed to me.

So yeah, Wii, the over-rated under-rated console.

Yeah, this. The Wii did have some hidden gems, unfortunately the 360, PS3 and PC each had about 10x more.

They had games that were trying to be like the big sellers but didn't get hype or press, but I don't consider those hidden gems. The Wii had a lot of stuff that you just couldn't find on other systems. I think all the systems have their fair share of hidden gems, but the Wii's were the most unique (I'm not really including PC since it has the indie dev community).

Anyone remember that Blaster Master sequel/re-imagining on WiiWare. It's still crazy to me that that game even exists. Doesn't come close to the original, but it's still pretty fun.

They had games that were trying to be like the big sellers but didn't get hype or press, but I don't consider those hidden gems. The Wii had a lot of stuff that you just couldn't find on other systems. I think all the systems have their fair share of hidden gems, but the Wii's were the most unique (I'm not really including PC since it has the indie dev community).

That's nonsense and you know it.

The problem I had is I have such a massive backlog of games and not enough time to play them. The biggest thing about the Wii for me was smash brothers still. Not a gathering of family or friends happens without smash brothers getting a good solid 10 matches in with 4 players.

Awesome video :)

I think the Gamecube was every bit as good as Wii. Maybe because I got to play Resident Evil 4 which shocked me how good it was!

I would say RE4 is better than any game released on the Wii but overall the Wii's library is much more interesting to me than the GCN, which is easily Nintendo's worst console. It does have Metroid Prime, Melee and RE4 on it though, which makes it a worthwhile gaming platform at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, and F-Zero GX....what a game. Now that I think about it, the Cube wasn't so bad.

I would say RE4 is better than any game released on the Wii but overall the Wii's library is much more interesting to me than the GCN, which is easily Nintendo's worst console. It does have Metroid Prime, Melee and RE4 on it though, which makes it a worthwhile gaming platform at the end of the day.

Eternal Darkness. :daydream:

Yes, that game was amazing. Heck, I take back what I said, the Gamecube was pretty great.

no, ur right. they did have more games, especially from the big N. But the Gamecube did have some good ones. It just took it too long too really take off, by the, the wii was already kicking ass.

I recently picked up a Wii from a garage sale for $45. I've been looking for a cheap one to play xenoblade and the last story. I have my component cable on the way from monoprice. I need to see what other accessories I need for it.

You may want to look into a classic controller for Xenoblade

Pretty awesome controller (the classic pro at least).

Complete baloney right here folks. There are MAD indie games for PS3 and 360 that totally kick ass, and way more than you can get on Wii.

Dudebros who were too cool to play the wii is not evidence that it was a bad system.

it's graphics sucked but it had some amazing games, the one console that remembered that sometimes people like to play games with friends in the same room.

Mine ain't collecting dust because I'm a dude bro :|

Complete baloney right here folks. There are MAD indie games for PS3 and 360 that totally kick ass, and way more than you can get on Wii.

I'm talking about retail.

And there are more hidden gems on WiiWare than PS3/360. Everyone knows the good games on PSN/XBLA, most don't know about WiiWare. I'm not saying WiiWare has better games than the others, I'm just saying there's more hidden gems. I think our definition of hidden gems are different.