The Nintendo Wii (2006-2012)

143 posts in this topic

Posted

Ahhhh....so many memories. So many great games. Such a great system. If it hadn't been for 2011 it would have been my most played console of this generation.

The Last Story will be a great send-off to a fantastic console (unless Pandora's Tower releases in America :pray: ). Bring on the Wii U...my body is ready.

Posted

I have 3 Wii games :)

Posted

That was epic. I love the Wii so much.

Anyone who says there's no good games is just not looking hard enough.

Posted

I've had some good times with my Wii and I'm not done yet. I still have a healthy backlog on it.

Posted

Good memories of NMH 1 + 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. That's about it though

Posted

Will buy one when i can get one for 20 bucks and games for 5.

fixed

Posted

a lot of those games are multiplatform ports that dont look so hot.

Posted

I found the Wii got a lot of undeserved hate from "hardcore" gamers. Why I have no idea as it has the best library of games available.

Posted

The Wii was a pretty awesome system. I love that this tribute features the Disaster: Day of Crisis main theme! It's such an epic composition.

I'm glad to see all of my favorite Wii games get recognition in this video; especially lesser-known ones like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and The Crystal Bearers. Games like those two and Disaster really showed off what could be done using the Wii's motion controls in an action/adventure sort of title. I hope that more games on the Wii U can build upon what those games accomplished.

Posted

Gosh, I really gotta get Sin and Punishment 2. I've been playing the N64 one and man, what a solid game.

Also, I am so ready for Last Story. Have had such a ride in trying to play this game since the JPN release, and damn am I excited that it's finally happening.

Posted

A lot of cool games, and a few crappy ones in there. Overall a solid list, also the highlight of the video were the BOOBS!

Posted

That was a pretty epic vid... what the heck is the game at 7:40??

Posted

Was great for awhile and I love having the classics on there from virtua console. Now just a dust grabber.

Posted

That was a pretty epic vid... what the heck is the game at 7:40??

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Posted

For my money, It was OK as far as Nintendo systems go. I still prefer pretty much any generation of Nintendo hardware before it though.

Posted

For my money, It was OK as far as Nintendo systems go. I still prefer pretty much any generation of Nintendo hardware before it though.

I think the N64, NES and SNES will be remembered the most. And the Wii is one of the worst consoles, compared to their fathers before. I Just have so many more memories with the classics, might also have to do with my childhood though.

Posted

I think the N64, NES and SNES will be remembered the most. And the Wii is one of the worst consoles, compared to their fathers before. I Just have so many more memories with the classics, might also have to do with my childhood though.

Yup. And yeah, I would agree that there is some nostalgia at work here. None the less, for me, the Wii was the least enjoyable of the Big N's Consoles. The Wii U looks better to me as I like the dual analog tablet device and am interested to see what devs do with it.

Posted

You know, I've actually totally reconsidered the N64 recently. While I get that some games age more poorly then others (not to mention controller designs... ), the N64 doesn't really have much to it. It's actually far poorer then the Wii in 3rd Party greats, and I really don't think the 1st party titles are that much "more" then Wii, if not less. A lot of nostalgia, certainly, but the Wii is actually a really terrific system that contests with the other Nintendo systems. While it certainly must have sucked if you instantly bought the system and stuck with the constant droughts and what-not, it is, now, a really high-quality and worthwhile system to own.

Posted

You know, I've actually totally reconsidered the N64 recently. While I get that some games age more poorly then others (not to mention controller designs... ), the N64 doesn't really have much to it. It's actually far poorer then the Wii in 3rd Party greats, and I really don't think the 1st party titles are that much "more" then Wii, if not less. A lot of nostalgia, certainly, but the Wii is actually a really terrific system that contests with the other Nintendo systems. While it certainly must have sucked if you instantly bought the system and stuck with the constant droughts and what-not, it is, now, a really high-quality and worthwhile system to own.

@

There were a lot of shovelware for the 64. But I thought the big N in house stuff with Rare made the best games. Banjo Tooie and Kazooie, Goldeneye, I just have so many fond memories. And Ocarina is my favorite video game they ever made (probably) and Super Mario 64 is right up there too.

Posted

@

There were a lot of shovelware for the 64. But I thought the big N in house stuff with Rare made the best games. Banjo Tooie and Kazooie, Goldeneye, I just have so many fond memories. And Ocarina is my favorite video game they ever made (probably) and Super Mario 64 is right up there too.

Yeah, the game's that were great definitely remain great. I remember it being the biggest deal in the world when I unlocked Drumstick in Diddy Kong Racing, and I couldn't even estimate the amount of time spent with the first Smash Bros.

Posted

I think if the Wii is the weakest link in the chain, then that's a very impressive chain. Personally, I have to agree with @. The 64 had 5 super classics and that's really it. Don't get me wrong, those 5 classics pretty much changed gaming and/or defined 3D gaming, but despite that the 64 may be the weakest link.

Posted

I have 3 Wii games :)

I've only beat two Wii games but own more than you.

Posted

Yeah, the game's that were great definitely remain great. I remember it being the biggest deal in the world when I unlocked Drumstick in Diddy Kong Racing, and I couldn't even estimate the amount of time spent with the first Smash Bros.

Diddy Kong was one of the most underrated games ever. I think I liked it more than Mario Kart. The levels were just more fun, and I liked the "Tube" and and "Plane" vehicles too. That stage where you take that plane into the hot lava. :daydream: @