• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P Twitch Channel Streaming   05/20/2016

Just as a courtesy, if you're going to stream on the D1P Twitch channel, please let us know the times you intend to stream so that you don't kick someone else off of it inadvertently.
Nightpain

Did anyone else pronounce "Lumines" wrong?

14 posts in this topic

All excited that I have this game incoming and played the demo again. But I was pretty surprised at the intro to hear how this is actually pronounced:

I've been saying Loo-Mines, but it is actually Loo-min-es. Pretty shocking; I've been advocating this series since the first PSP entry and I've been saying it wrong the entire time.

Yep, I've been saying it wrong. Or rather, the developers named it incorrectly.

I've always pronounced it "Loo-min-ess". When I saw it I immediately assumed that it was intended to sound like "illumination" so...yeah.

I've been pronouncing it wrong, too. I thought it was "loo-mins" and was surprised to hear the pronunciation in the game. :lol:

Perhaps Wipeout is pronounced "whip-out"... :thinking::P

I was calling it luu-means. I tend to pronounce things wrong in my head, until I hear someone else say it. :P

It shall forever be loo-mines for me :nottalking:

I think it will for me also. I was talking to a buddy last night and brought it up--- did not like saying it properly. Just didn't roll, at all.

Loo-Mines!

When the first one originally came out I was pronouncing it incorrectly. But then I heard a random Gamestop employee trying to recommend PSP games to someone and he said it loo-min-ess. Since then I've pronounced it that way :P