Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What game based on a movie sooooo needs to be a reality this gen?

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Been done before but would love to see a new game based on all the Rocky films, kinda like GTA but you control Rocky in Philly. :). And put boxing on he side of course. Lol.

How about Last House On The Left? Lol

and....

MIB

No country For Old Men

The Fugitive

brave heart

goonies

E.T.

Jaws

Posted · Report post

Been done before but would love to see a new game based on all the Rocky films, kinda like GTA but you control Rocky in Philly. :). And put boxing on he side of course. Lol.

How about Last House On The Left? Lol

Avengers :daydream:

Posted · Report post

But ET was on the Atari 2600!

Posted · Report post

Kick Ass

Posted · Report post

The Avengers

We need an arcade beat 'em up title like the old X-Men arcade game but with the Avengers and with up to date style and what not. It would be awesome as fuck.

Posted · Report post

The Goonies is my favorite movie ever. Give me a Uncharted feeling Goonies game!

Posted · Report post

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is pretty damn close to an Avengers game.

Posted · Report post

But ET was on the Atari 2600!

This gen tho. The worst video game ever needs redemption in HD glory! Terminator 2 and Titanic need made too.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't mind seeing some of my favorite movies like Moon, Pan's Labyrinth, Space Odyssey (though that one would probably need to frollow the book closer), etc, turned into visual novels or old school adventure games with choices that can change the stories for better or worse.

In terms of generic AAA action games that butcher the original story for the sake of gun toting tom foolery, uhhhh Blade Runner is the only favorite of mine that I could probably swallow that treatment of for the sake of just running around that amazing setting fighting a replicant uprising or some shit.

Posted · Report post

They usually do @Ominous , but there have been exceptions. Although not much, last one that I actually enjoyed was Toy Story 3.

Timecop, one of my favorites, has video game epic written all over it, time travel, Van Damme, cop, gun. Win/win.

Posted · Report post

Precious: The Game: Based on the Film by Lee Daniels: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire

precious-movie.jpg

Fixed

Posted · Report post

videogames based on movies almost always blow ass.

Posted · Report post

I seem to remember playing 'The Goonies'. I remember it being terrible...

I've had my heart broken too many times by movie based games...

Posted · Report post

^^^Goonies II was awesome, don't know what you're talking about. I was a yoyo badass in that game.

I would like to see a game based on the concept of Inception crossed with old school Rainbow Six. Each level is a new target, and you have to plan your entrance, techniques, and when to time your kicks.

Posted · Report post

^^^Goonies II was awesome, don't know what you're talking about. I was a yoyo badass in that game.

I would like to see a game based on the concept of Inception crossed with old school Rainbow Six. Each level is a new target, and you have to plan your entrance, techniques, and when to time your kicks.

I wasn't talking about 'Goonies II' - I was talking about "The Goonies".

Posted · Report post

Games and movies should be separate entities that don't try to piggy back on one another IMO.

Posted · Report post

August Underground's Mordum

Posted · Report post

I wasn't talking about 'Goonies II' - I was talking about "The Goonies".

@mikechorney Yeah, Goonies 2 kicked ass and Goonies sucked. See, a game like that on XBLA for a new gen with new graphics and new levels based on movies like that, would be epic. I still say some of the best movies ever with real good stories came out of the 80's and early 90's. Again, a game like E.T. would be sweet, just needs to be done right, not 6 weeks of development time for the Atari 2600. LOL. I actually fooled myself into thinking I was liking it back in the day, but now, I know it really sucked.

Posted · Report post

A decent Matrix game really needs to be made.

Posted · Report post

I think that a great concept to tie a game to would be The Hunger Games. The general survival horror vibe with environmental hazards could be pretty awesome if done right, but I think trying to put the whole romance subplot in there with the actual storyline would be flat.