inFAMOUS from Sucker Punch (Sly Cooper, Ghost of Tsushima) turns 10 today. A look at 10 inFamous facts

SaysWho?

22 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I felt the same about Second Son. Totally forgettable. 

I actually sold my CE for that game. I just thought I'd never bother with it again. It just had no soul. I finished it, but meh. Nothing stood out about it.

I still have the first two games, including the CE with the awesome Cole statue for I2. 

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

I felt the same about Second Son. Totally forgettable. 

41 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I actually sold my CE for that game. I just thought I'd never bother with it again. It just had no soul. I finished it, but meh. Nothing stood out about it.

I still have the first two games, including the CE with the awesome Cole statue for I2. 

tbh, First Light, the stand-alone expansion, is REALLY good. Neon, for example, just feels way better in the game, the story is short, and the arena was really really fun.

58 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

tbh, First Light, the stand-alone expansion, is REALLY good. Neon, for example, just feels way better in the game, the story is short, and the arena was really really fun.

I'd need to check and see if I actually still have that. I think I bought it on a sale forever ago, but there's a chance I could have gotten it for "free" on PS+, which I canceled ages ago. 

Either way, it's kind of a low priority. :p 

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd need to check and see if I actually still have that. I think I bought it on a sale forever ago, but there's a chance I could have gotten it for "free" on PS+, which I canceled ages ago. 

Either way, it's kind of a low priority. :p 

Yeah, it's not something that changed the face of gaming so there's no rush. BUT, if you have 6 - 8 hours to spare, you can play the story, side missions (much more fun compared Second Son, though still simple) and arena and then go right off to something else. In case you want a game that's not a heavy investment. :) 

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've only played Sly 2 which I got for free from the Sony demo disc memory card wipe apology.

I can't figure out why this made me laugh. Maybe just the term "demo disc memory card wipe apology?"

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Probably “wipe” making you have dirty thoughts :]

Wish I could :] react to your post.

:] 

:] 

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

How'd you like them as your first two?

I though Second Son was a fun, yet hollow and forgettable experience.  First Light was better due to the lead character and story being more interesting.

49 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

I though Second Son was a fun, yet hollow and forgettable experience.  First Light was better due to the lead character and story being more interesting.

Curious as to what someone thought if they hadn't played the previous ones and apparently it's similar!

First Light was better, and I was surprised the arena mode was so fun. I thought, "Okay, gonna just get through this," but I had a ton of fun bouncing around that place and getting a plat. I feel Second Son over-corrected an issue. Infamous 2 was a lot of fun and had some crazy powers (like lifting a car magnetically and then tossing it), but it did have a surplus of side missions. It'd just be some person in the city needing help with something and then a mostly quick mission with one set of missions having a story throughout it, but there were a TON, so it was difficult to do everything in order to fix a certain part of the city.

Second Son basically removed everything, put in only Cole's Legacy, and replaced the side missions with taking over districts. By itself, taking over districts is a good idea. I'd likely have removed a couple of things and maybe changed up how to do it, but I think side missions should have been part of taking over a district. There should have been more than Cole's Legacy, and what was there -- graffiti, finding the DUP agent -- wasn't great. 

I think in addition to that, there were fewer shards to get, and the audio drops weren't as interesting as the ones from 1/2. I wanted to get to the end of all of them to get the backstory in the first two, but Second Son's ultimately doesn't have an interesting story until the last part when you find out about the other powers.