Sign in to follow this  
Squeesnightmare

Need help, screen size changing

I am completely at a loss here. Last night whenever I started up Tales of Graces f the screen size shrank so that it no longer filled up my TV. Rayman Origins still works just fine, however whenever I tested the Metal Gear Solid HD collection it did the same thing.

I checked the Display Settings and I have 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p all enabled. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This problem just started last night. I haven't changed any settings on my PS3 since the last time I played it.

Edit: Also, the home screen is the right size. Whenever I start the game is when it shrinks.

I know for MLB the Show I had to go into the game settings and stretch the picture vertically and horizontally with the sliders because there is 1 inch black bars around the screen otherwise.

See if your games have a similar option, likely under video settings.

Unfortunately I already checked, and Tales of Graces f doesn't have that option. At least, I couldn't find the option if it does exist. :(

I've tried to look up the problem but I keep coming up empty. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but I seem to be the only person who has this specific problem. In the threads I read the problem was solved by enabling all the resolutions in the Display Settings or hard resetting the PS3, but neither of those helped at all.

I honestly don't know what could have happened between Monday (the last time I played Tales of Graces f without the screen problem) and last night. I didn't even touch the PS3 between those two days. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, because it sucks having to play on a smaller screen.

Maybe give it a try set to 720p? Uncheck 1080p/i and see if that makes a difference. That's the only thing I can think of that might help, but I don't see why it would make a difference. Also check the aspect ratio of your tv, see if it is on just scan or 16:9 and switch it to the one it's not on and see if that makes a difference.