Any of you suckas playing Fez?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 never_knows_best

never_knows_best

Not a Mod

• 13,236 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Just queued up the download on xbox.com, can't wait to play it later on.

I didn't realize it was only going to be $10. That's badass.
but now we dance this grim fandango
and will four years before we rest

#2 Mark

Mark

It Was Onions

• 2,109 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Just bought it as well.. sadly at work for a few more hours!
Posted Image

#3 kgtennispro

kgtennispro
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I've put probably about 2 hours into it so far, and man this game is so much more than I expected.  <3   I really didn't expect to have puzzles that required a good amount of thought.

Just solved this one, and it just felt so rewarding seeing that little cube pop up. :sun:

Posted Image
Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1228-0317  ~ Kenny

#4 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,127 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I will tonight.
Posted Image

#5 never_knows_best

never_knows_best

Not a Mod

• 13,236 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ten minutes in and already I can tell this is really something special.

#6 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

The Blood Dragon

• 28,692 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I want to but I can't fool.
http://www.last.fm/user/Hydro-Thunder

PC: i5-3570K 8GB 660Ti 1TB
Laptop: i7-4700MQ 12GB 765m 750GB

#7 Orbital74

Orbital74
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

I REALLY wish I still had a 360.  I want this game badly.

#8 kgtennispro

kgtennispro
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I had to walk away from the game for a bit.

I found a room with a throne and a list of inputs that I can translate, but I can't for the life of me get it to work :(
Posted Image

#9 LionFranco

LionFranco

2014: Year of the Vita!

• 24,169 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Will this be coming to PS3?
Final Fantaxy XIV - The reason all of my other video games are neglected.

Vita, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS3, PC, WiiU, Wii & 360
PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,
Freedom Wars, another Dragons Dogma game, Mighty Number 9, etc.
FFXIV: Jeroak Nelave

The Big Bang makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. God does not.
Nothing comes from nothing, God never could.
Evolution is not the problem. God is the problem.

#10 TheLeon

TheLeon

#DerekDoesn'tSuck

• 22,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I only played a bit of it this morning (got my first 4 cubes), but yeah, this is a special game. I'm just glad it's finally out. It was announce like 5 years ago.

Already preordered dat soundtrack.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext"

3DS friend code: 0044-2983-0738
PC Specs: slightly above average

#11 SiskoKid

SiskoKid
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ya, a few years ago, I met Phil Phish and he gave me a Fez pin which I still have on my desk lol

I'm really glad this game is finally out, and I must say, for $10, this game is an absolute STEAL.

I think it's one of the best games this generation hands down.  The puzzles are top notch, the game is expertly crafted and the atmosphere of the game really hits such an indescribable note.  The atmosphere is at once silly and serious/melancholy at points.  

And the game is HUGE!  As I progress, it seems like endless amounts of rooms open up and I'm such a completionist, I can't leave an area without trying to figure it all out and as soon as I think I'm done, more areas open up lol!

Seriously, Leon's right.  This is a special game.  You're actually quite stupid for not getting this game.
"Them Greeks...!" a 3D animated short film you can participate in:

TWITTER (@themgreeks)
FACEBOOK

Post your interest on our social media pages if you'd like to help the production (texture artist, 3D modeler, animator, etc.)

#12 Orbital74

Orbital74
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostLionFranco, on 13 April 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

Will this be coming to PS3?

It's not published by MS so anything's possible.

#13 stepee

stepee

#1 Hilary Duff Fan

• 23,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Holy shit this finally came out? Will check out shortly.
Big Dick Club (bdc) Cofounder with Lucian04
Current members: stepee, Lucian04, brazil201, caleb1915, baserocklove, Triage
Make sure to register by the end of September if you qualify

#14 stepee

stepee

#1 Hilary Duff Fan

• 23,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Impressions? Does it live up to the years of hype? And by god would I love this on the 3DS.
Big Dick Club (bdc) Cofounder with Lucian04
Current members: stepee, Lucian04, brazil201, caleb1915, baserocklove, Triage
Make sure to register by the end of September if you qualify

#15 kgtennispro

kgtennispro
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

This game just continues to impress me.

The amount of effort put into it is simply unbelievable.  It has it's own 26 symbol alphabet (with an extremely creative way for you to figure out symbol represents what letter), as well as it's own numeric system.  :daydream:

Not to mention the fact that each "Anti" Cube I've gotten so far (10/32) has required me to solve an enjoyable/challenging/creative puzzle.  The regular cubes have been easy to find (I'm at 19/32 already), but these Anti Cubes are definitely where the challenge lies for this game.
Posted Image

#16 SiskoKid

SiskoKid
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Postkgtennispro, on 14 April 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

This game just continues to impress me.

The amount of effort put into it is simply unbelievable.  It has it's own 26 symbol alphabet (with an extremely creative way for you to figure out symbol represents what letter), as well as it's own numeric system.  :daydream:

Not to mention the fact that each "Anti" Cube I've gotten so far (10/32) has required me to solve an enjoyable/challenging/creative puzzle.  The regular cubes have been easy to find (I'm at 19/32 already), but these Anti Cubes are definitely where the challenge lies for this game.

I haven't figured out the number system yet, but I think I found the number 5 symbol.  Either way, I agree.  This game is addictive and just wonderful.

TWITTER (@themgreeks)
FACEBOOK

Post your interest on our social media pages if you'd like to help the production (texture artist, 3D modeler, animator, etc.)

#17 nobody

nobody
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Never heard of this game
Posted Image

#18 chilly rainbow

chilly rainbow
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

it shall be mine,oh yes it shall be mine.
Posted Image

#19 SiskoKid

SiskoKid
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Jeez I feel dumb.  Finally figured out the number system. I was way off earlier lol.

TWITTER (@themgreeks)
FACEBOOK

#20 puffyshirt

puffyshirt

but i don't wanna be a pirate!

• 6,532 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Anyone notice that the poster in Gomez's room in the first area is the title screen for Legend of Zelda (minus the Zelda logo)?

So cool.
Don't test me man, I know good movies. I'm a movie machine and I live by watching movies. - ohioguy24

#21 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

Dreaming of an Absolution

• Newly Registered
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Never heard of this game until last night when I saw it on my dashboard. It looked like a retro platformer, which I like, so I was going to download the trial for sure. This thread has only added to my interest!

#22 puffyshirt

puffyshirt

but i don't wanna be a pirate!

• 6,532 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostChocoburger, on 14 April 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Never heard of this game until last night when I saw it on my dashboard. It looked like a retro platformer, which I like, so I was going to download the trial for sure. This thread has only added to my interest!

Comments like these make me feel like a huge nerd. Fez has been very popular XBLA title for like four years now! I find it crazy that a gamer (especially a gamer savvy enough to frequent message boards) has never heard of it. But as I said, I'm a huge nerd. So maybe it isn't that surprising.
Don't test me man, I know good movies. I'm a movie machine and I live by watching movies. - ohioguy24

#23 never_knows_best

never_knows_best

Not a Mod

• 13,236 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I've been aware of the game for a long time, but I'm 100% clueless as to the "controversy" surrounding it and why many people think the dev is a dickhead.

#24 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

Dreaming of an Absolution

• Newly Registered
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Postpuffyshirt, on 14 April 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Comments like these make me feel like a huge nerd. Fez has been very popular XBLA title for like four years now! I find it crazy that a gamer (especially a gamer savvy enough to frequent message boards) has never heard of it. But as I said, I'm a huge nerd. So maybe it isn't that surprising.
You are indeed a huge nerd, so is pretty much everyone else here. No I don't follow XBLA that closely, I usually buy online games from Steam or PSN. I'm not sure why a FOUR YEAR OLD GAME is being advertised right on the front page of my Dashboard unless if it some super-sale. I never see other old stuff advertised on my dashboard, so maybe MS deems me not nerdy enough to see the other FOUR YEAR OLD GAMES ads? I guess I was never meant to know every single game that has ever been made throughout the history of mankind.

Oh yeah, and that "four year old game"? Has a release date of yesterday according to Xbox.com.
http://marketplace.x...15-d802584109c0

#25 TheLeon

TheLeon

#DerekDoesn'tSuck

• 22,232 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

It's been in development (and talked about) for well over 4 years. That's what he meant. I remember it being talked about in early '08 as a "XBLA game to look forward to" along with Castle Crashers and Braid.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext"

3DS friend code: 0044-2983-0738
PC Specs: slightly above average

#26 Space Monkey

Space Monkey
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

If I had my 360 right now I'd probably be playing this (loaned it out to a friend). I didn't realize it was going to be XBLA exclusive on the initial release. I was under the impression that this was a PC indie title for some reason. Has there been any word of a possible PC release date?
Posted Image

#27 jrcbandit

jrcbandit
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I was playing it but my TV crapped out on me, sigh.   It is a really fun platformer with some clever puzzles, although the XNA dev software seems to be crap.   The game/music  lags for me whenever there is a scene change, the rest of the time it is smooth.

Maybe Costco will take back this POS off-brand tv and give me some store credit since I bought it before they made their new return policy ;p
Posted Image

#28 kgtennispro

kgtennispro
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

And the credits roll.  This is definitely one of my favorite games of the year so far.

I still have 5 Anti Cubes to collect, though after a quick glance at gamefaqs I learned that you have to actually be in New Game+ to even solve some of the remaining puzzles.  The way they give you the new item at the start of NG+ was awesome :lol:
Posted Image

#29 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

The Blood Dragon

• 28,692 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

This is pretty cool of them:

http://www.indiegame... Game Magazine)

After having released Fez after five years of development, Polytron Corporation are getting a lot of reported bugs in the game which they are deeming “pretty serious” and intend to take action to fix them as soon as they can.

As with most games, bugs are inevitable after any release so this shouldn’t be too much of a shock to anyone. Polytron’s newly released XBLA puzzle platformer, Fez, has caused some people to get in contact with the developers due to bugs but now the number has increased so that they have to deal with them differently. Many of the team at IGM noticed a couple of weird occurrences that we couldn’t replicate and, like just about everyone else, seem to be having a lot of framerate and lag issues. Other than that, we seem to have avoided the worse bugs thankfully and we have enjoyed the experience as it was mean to be, as can be read in our review.

Initially, the bug reports were manageable via Twitter but now Polytron have updated their website asking any ‘game breaking’ bug reports to be emailed to support@fezgame.com. If it’s just a smaller issue then they’re happy to deal with it via Twitter as they say there are simple workarounds for now.

The kind of bugs they want to be emailed are ones that completely prevent you from playing the game, an example they gave follows:

“A small subset of older Xboxes with smaller hard drives can’t run the game at all. The game has trouble running off a USB stick. Crashes are occurring in specific levels or situations. In a rare situation (exiting the game from the “wall village” interiors), the save file becomes unusable. Nasty stuff.”

For now, there’s not a lot they can do – Polytron just need all of your reports to come in and they’ll do with them as soon as they can with an upcoming patch, there’s no estimate on when that will arrive though.
http://www.last.fm/user/Hydro-Thunder

PC: i5-3570K 8GB 660Ti 1TB
Laptop: i7-4700MQ 12GB 765m 750GB

#30 nobody

nobody
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Played the trial. Its like a platformer version of echochrome
Posted Image

#31 kgtennispro

kgtennispro
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

And with 206.2% completion, and 200/200 achievements, I think I can finally move onto another game...until someone makes some headway with the Monolith room.

It was pretty neat that they had a new ending sequence for when you collected all 64 cubes.  

I'm really glad I decided to download this game yesterday morning.  This will without a doubt be one of my top games of the year <3
Posted Image

#32 SiskoKid

SiskoKid
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postkgtennispro, on 15 April 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

And with 206.2% completion, and 200/200 achievements, I think I can finally move onto another game...until someone makes some headway with the Monolith room.

It was pretty neat that they had a new ending sequence for when you collected all 64 cubes.  

I'm really glad I decided to download this game yesterday morning.  This will without a doubt be one of my top games of the year <3

I have 209% completion, I somehow found a 33rd anticube :\

But anywho, this game is phenomenal.  LOVE it even with its issue.  I also felt really smart playing it :blush:   I figured out the alphabet, vibration pillars and numbering system and almost every puzzle all by myself.  I cheated on the direction system and I wish I hadn't because there's such an obvious way to learn it once I found that one room.  Oh, and I also cheated on the boiler room, I had found that hidden poster but my button combo never worked so I just looked it up.  OH, and I DEFINITELY cheated on the security question, I'd never have guessed that in a million years.  

I also accidentally stumbled onto a red cube completely by accident in the observatory by pressing random triggers as I impatiently waited for it to become night time while I looked through the telescope.  Not sure if that was meant to happen, but I'm not complaining.

Now I wait on the monolith answer.  Which I'm also gonna cheat on lol.

TWITTER (@themgreeks)
FACEBOOK

#33 ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Is there any way to travel back to other areas at will?  I just seem to be aimlessly going about and never figuring out how to get back.

#34 SiskoKid

SiskoKid
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostShreddieMercury, on 16 April 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Is there any way to travel back to other areas at will?  I just seem to be aimlessly going about and never figuring out how to get back.

There are four ways to get around.

First two ways are two types of warp gates, I'll dub them major and minor warp gates.  Major warp gates can warp you to the hub section of each major area.  Minor warp gates are found WITHIN each major area and will only warp you ONE WAY to that major area's hub section.  I define hub section as a section where you find a major warp gate (there is only one major warp gate, or hub section, in each major area).  You know it's a major warp gate, or hub section, when you check your map and notice that section's picture has the warp gate front and center.

The third way to hop around is finding doors that look like they have two squares overlapping each other.  Those doors are a bit annoying because you don't know where they'll take you, but you do know they'll take you somewhere far away.  Those doors only connect to one other door that looks the same, they don't hop you around randomly.  So when you find one of those doors, you have to write down where it takes you so you know for future reference.  There are a dozen or so of those doors scattered randomly (or randomly to me anyway).  

The fourth way is to just walk to and from places the long way.  You gotta use your map.  One trick I learned early on is, when you stand in front of an open door, an image pops up telling you where it leads.  The image that pops up in front of the door matches the image on your map, so open your map and see where that door will take you.  Then start mapping out where you want to go.  The best thing to do is to open your map and see where you want to go and start walking in that direction.

Also know that whichever section your camera is facing is the section that door will take you.  For example, if you're in the first main warp gate section, and you notice the bell tower off in the distance, that means the door you'll enter with the camera facing the bell tower will take you to the bell tower section.  The exception here is that if there's more than one door that the camera faces, sometimes it'll lead you a room instead of the section you're facing.  That shouldn't matter because that's just another hint that another door is nearby that'll take you to that section in the background.

Sorry if that's confusing.  If you need more clarification, let me know :D

TWITTER (@themgreeks)
FACEBOOK

#35 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,779 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

i was sold on the demo instantly. Very very awesome. Right up there with the Braids and Limbos IMO.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” - John 3:16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users