• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P Twitch Channel Streaming   05/20/2016

Just as a courtesy, if you're going to stream on the D1P Twitch channel, please let us know the times you intend to stream so that you don't kick someone else off of it inadvertently.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
never_knows_best

Any of you suckas playing Fez?

38 posts in this topic

Just queued up the download on xbox.com, can't wait to play it later on.

I didn't realize it was only going to be $10. That's badass.

I've put probably about 2 hours into it so far, and man this game is so much more than I expected. <3 I really didn't expect to have puzzles that required a good amount of thought.

Just solved this one, and it just felt so rewarding seeing that little cube pop up. :sun:

IMG_20120413_125637.jpg

Ya, a few years ago, I met Phil Phish and he gave me a Fez pin which I still have on my desk lol

I'm really glad this game is finally out, and I must say, for $10, this game is an absolute STEAL.

I think it's one of the best games this generation hands down. The puzzles are top notch, the game is expertly crafted and the atmosphere of the game really hits such an indescribable note. The atmosphere is at once silly and serious/melancholy at points.

And the game is HUGE! As I progress, it seems like endless amounts of rooms open up and I'm such a completionist, I can't leave an area without trying to figure it all out and as soon as I think I'm done, more areas open up lol!

Seriously, Leon's right. This is a special game. You're actually quite stupid for not getting this game.

Holy shit this finally came out? Will check out shortly.

Impressions? Does it live up to the years of hype? And by god would I love this on the 3DS.

This game just continues to impress me.

The amount of effort put into it is simply unbelievable. It has it's own 26 symbol alphabet (with an extremely creative way for you to figure out symbol represents what letter), as well as it's own numeric system. :daydream:

Not to mention the fact that each "Anti" Cube I've gotten so far (10/32) has required me to solve an enjoyable/challenging/creative puzzle. The regular cubes have been easy to find (I'm at 19/32 already), but these Anti Cubes are definitely where the challenge lies for this game.

This game just continues to impress me.

The amount of effort put into it is simply unbelievable. It has it's own 26 symbol alphabet (with an extremely creative way for you to figure out symbol represents what letter), as well as it's own numeric system. :daydream:

Not to mention the fact that each "Anti" Cube I've gotten so far (10/32) has required me to solve an enjoyable/challenging/creative puzzle. The regular cubes have been easy to find (I'm at 19/32 already), but these Anti Cubes are definitely where the challenge lies for this game.

I haven't figured out the number system yet, but I think I found the number 5 symbol. Either way, I agree. This game is addictive and just wonderful.

Anyone notice that the poster in Gomez's room in the first area is the title screen for Legend of Zelda (minus the Zelda logo)?

So cool.

Never heard of this game until last night when I saw it on my dashboard. It looked like a retro platformer, which I like, so I was going to download the trial for sure. This thread has only added to my interest!

Never heard of this game until last night when I saw it on my dashboard. It looked like a retro platformer, which I like, so I was going to download the trial for sure. This thread has only added to my interest!

Comments like these make me feel like a huge nerd. Fez has been very popular XBLA title for like four years now! I find it crazy that a gamer (especially a gamer savvy enough to frequent message boards) has never heard of it. But as I said, I'm a huge nerd. So maybe it isn't that surprising.

I've been aware of the game for a long time, but I'm 100% clueless as to the "controversy" surrounding it and why many people think the dev is a dickhead.

Comments like these make me feel like a huge nerd. Fez has been very popular XBLA title for like four years now! I find it crazy that a gamer (especially a gamer savvy enough to frequent message boards) has never heard of it. But as I said, I'm a huge nerd. So maybe it isn't that surprising.

You are indeed a huge nerd, so is pretty much everyone else here. No I don't follow XBLA that closely, I usually buy online games from Steam or PSN. I'm not sure why a FOUR YEAR OLD GAME is being advertised right on the front page of my Dashboard unless if it some super-sale. I never see other old stuff advertised on my dashboard, so maybe MS deems me not nerdy enough to see the other FOUR YEAR OLD GAMES ads? I guess I was never meant to know every single game that has ever been made throughout the history of mankind.

Oh yeah, and that "four year old game"? Has a release date of yesterday according to Xbox.com.

http://marketplace.x...15-d802584109c0

It's been in development (and talked about) for well over 4 years. That's what he meant. I remember it being talked about in early '08 as a "XBLA game to look forward to" along with Castle Crashers and Braid.

If I had my 360 right now I'd probably be playing this (loaned it out to a friend). I didn't realize it was going to be XBLA exclusive on the initial release. I was under the impression that this was a PC indie title for some reason. Has there been any word of a possible PC release date?

I was playing it but my TV crapped out on me, sigh. It is a really fun platformer with some clever puzzles, although the XNA dev software seems to be crap. The game/music lags for me whenever there is a scene change, the rest of the time it is smooth.

Maybe Costco will take back this POS off-brand tv and give me some store credit since I bought it before they made their new return policy ;p

And the credits roll. This is definitely one of my favorite games of the year so far.

I still have 5 Anti Cubes to collect, though after a quick glance at gamefaqs I learned that you have to actually be in New Game+ to even solve some of the remaining puzzles. The way they give you the new item at the start of NG+ was awesome :lol:

This is pretty cool of them:

http://www.indiegamemag.com/polytron-asking-for-help-to-track-down-pretty-serious-bugs-in-fez/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IndieGameMag+%28The+Indie+Game+Magazine%29

After having released Fez after five years of development, Polytron Corporation are getting a lot of reported bugs in the game which they are deeming “pretty serious” and intend to take action to fix them as soon as they can.

As with most games, bugs are inevitable after any release so this shouldn’t be too much of a shock to anyone. Polytron’s newly released XBLA puzzle platformer, Fez, has caused some people to get in contact with the developers due to bugs but now the number has increased so that they have to deal with them differently. Many of the team at IGM noticed a couple of weird occurrences that we couldn’t replicate and, like just about everyone else, seem to be having a lot of framerate and lag issues. Other than that, we seem to have avoided the worse bugs thankfully and we have enjoyed the experience as it was mean to be, as can be read in our review.

Initially, the bug reports were manageable via Twitter but now Polytron have updated their website asking any ‘game breaking’ bug reports to be emailed to [email protected] If it’s just a smaller issue then they’re happy to deal with it via Twitter as they say there are simple workarounds for now.

The kind of bugs they want to be emailed are ones that completely prevent you from playing the game, an example they gave follows:

“A small subset of older Xboxes with smaller hard drives can’t run the game at all. The game has trouble running off a USB stick. Crashes are occurring in specific levels or situations. In a rare situation (exiting the game from the “wall village” interiors), the save file becomes unusable. Nasty stuff.”

For now, there’s not a lot they can do – Polytron just need all of your reports to come in and they’ll do with them as soon as they can with an upcoming patch, there’s no estimate on when that will arrive though.