Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any of you suckas playing Fez?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Just queued up the download on xbox.com, can't wait to play it later on.

I didn't realize it was only going to be $10. That's badass.

Posted

Just bought it as well.. sadly at work for a few more hours!

Posted

I've put probably about 2 hours into it so far, and man this game is so much more than I expected. <3 I really didn't expect to have puzzles that required a good amount of thought.

Just solved this one, and it just felt so rewarding seeing that little cube pop up. :sun:

IMG_20120413_125637.jpg

Posted

I will tonight.

Posted

Ten minutes in and already I can tell this is really something special.

Posted

I REALLY wish I still had a 360. I want this game badly.

Posted

I had to walk away from the game for a bit.

I found a room with a throne and a list of inputs that I can translate, but I can't for the life of me get it to work :(

Posted

Will this be coming to PS3?

Posted

Ya, a few years ago, I met Phil Phish and he gave me a Fez pin which I still have on my desk lol

I'm really glad this game is finally out, and I must say, for $10, this game is an absolute STEAL.

I think it's one of the best games this generation hands down. The puzzles are top notch, the game is expertly crafted and the atmosphere of the game really hits such an indescribable note. The atmosphere is at once silly and serious/melancholy at points.

And the game is HUGE! As I progress, it seems like endless amounts of rooms open up and I'm such a completionist, I can't leave an area without trying to figure it all out and as soon as I think I'm done, more areas open up lol!

Seriously, Leon's right. This is a special game. You're actually quite stupid for not getting this game.

Posted

Will this be coming to PS3?

It's not published by MS so anything's possible.

Posted

Holy shit this finally came out? Will check out shortly.

Posted

Impressions? Does it live up to the years of hype? And by god would I love this on the 3DS.

Posted

This game just continues to impress me.

The amount of effort put into it is simply unbelievable. It has it's own 26 symbol alphabet (with an extremely creative way for you to figure out symbol represents what letter), as well as it's own numeric system. :daydream:

Not to mention the fact that each "Anti" Cube I've gotten so far (10/32) has required me to solve an enjoyable/challenging/creative puzzle. The regular cubes have been easy to find (I'm at 19/32 already), but these Anti Cubes are definitely where the challenge lies for this game.

Posted

This game just continues to impress me.

The amount of effort put into it is simply unbelievable. It has it's own 26 symbol alphabet (with an extremely creative way for you to figure out symbol represents what letter), as well as it's own numeric system. :daydream:

Not to mention the fact that each "Anti" Cube I've gotten so far (10/32) has required me to solve an enjoyable/challenging/creative puzzle. The regular cubes have been easy to find (I'm at 19/32 already), but these Anti Cubes are definitely where the challenge lies for this game.

I haven't figured out the number system yet, but I think I found the number 5 symbol. Either way, I agree. This game is addictive and just wonderful.

Posted

it shall be mine,oh yes it shall be mine.

Posted

Jeez I feel dumb. Finally figured out the number system. I was way off earlier lol.

Posted

Anyone notice that the poster in Gomez's room in the first area is the title screen for Legend of Zelda (minus the Zelda logo)?

So cool.

Posted

Never heard of this game until last night when I saw it on my dashboard. It looked like a retro platformer, which I like, so I was going to download the trial for sure. This thread has only added to my interest!

Posted

Never heard of this game until last night when I saw it on my dashboard. It looked like a retro platformer, which I like, so I was going to download the trial for sure. This thread has only added to my interest!

Comments like these make me feel like a huge nerd. Fez has been very popular XBLA title for like four years now! I find it crazy that a gamer (especially a gamer savvy enough to frequent message boards) has never heard of it. But as I said, I'm a huge nerd. So maybe it isn't that surprising.

Posted

I've been aware of the game for a long time, but I'm 100% clueless as to the "controversy" surrounding it and why many people think the dev is a dickhead.

Posted

Comments like these make me feel like a huge nerd. Fez has been very popular XBLA title for like four years now! I find it crazy that a gamer (especially a gamer savvy enough to frequent message boards) has never heard of it. But as I said, I'm a huge nerd. So maybe it isn't that surprising.

You are indeed a huge nerd, so is pretty much everyone else here. No I don't follow XBLA that closely, I usually buy online games from Steam or PSN. I'm not sure why a FOUR YEAR OLD GAME is being advertised right on the front page of my Dashboard unless if it some super-sale. I never see other old stuff advertised on my dashboard, so maybe MS deems me not nerdy enough to see the other FOUR YEAR OLD GAMES ads? I guess I was never meant to know every single game that has ever been made throughout the history of mankind.

Oh yeah, and that "four year old game"? Has a release date of yesterday according to Xbox.com.

http://marketplace.x...15-d802584109c0

Posted

It's been in development (and talked about) for well over 4 years. That's what he meant. I remember it being talked about in early '08 as a "XBLA game to look forward to" along with Castle Crashers and Braid.