Her Majesty asks James Bond to save the 2012 Olympics

OHMSS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GeneticBlueprint

GeneticBlueprint
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

God save the Queen. Apparently she really personally asked Craig to do this.

From the article

The Sun newspaper reports that Craig and opening ceremony artistic director Danny Boyle have shot a skit titled The Arrival in which 007 travels to Buckingham Palace to be informed that his latest mission is to launch the 2012 games. He is then taken by helicopter to the Olympic stadium in Stratford, east London, where he parachutes into the arena. Boyle and Craig were reportedly given unprecedented access to the palace and its private rooms last week after the Queen personally sanctioned the move. The short film will be shown during the BBC's coverage of the opening ceremony.

A source told the Sun: "It's a huge coup for BBC producers and Danny to be allowed into the palace and have the Queen involved. They wanted the most iconic British film character inside the building most associated with London and with the monarch – and they got it.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I think the epic cheese is awesome and I can't wait to watch.

#2 Iron-and-Wine

Iron-and-Wine
  • 7,501 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Boner.

#3 Emblazon

Emblazon
  • 7,755 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

If only Boyle was directing Skyfall. <drools>

#4 RicoFoley

RicoFoley

King-Beyond-the-Wall

• 7,333 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

If I had a license to kill and was asked to save the Olympics, the first thing I would do is kill these things

Posted Image
"You might have to metaphorically make a deal with the devil. And by devil, I mean robot devil. And by metaphorically, I mean get your coat."

#5 gazzilla

gazzilla
  • Newly Registered
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostRicoFoley, on 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

If I had a license to kill and was asked to save the Olympics, the first thing I would do is kill these things

Posted Image

Those can't be real... Gross.
"Remember Sammy Jenkis"

#6 Siebzehn

Siebzehn

Classy Bitch

• 31,458 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostRicoFoley, on 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Posted Image

They always fuck up the mascots.

This Bond thing sounds fun though.
"Sieb likes his dosage of rightwing nuttiness like he likes his dosages of other drugs; enough to bring down a fucking elephant" -Chairslinger

"The world could use more heathens" -TheGlassPassenger

"Will you... have my sex?" -Kal El

"I make all the men wet." -Niggles

"I would suck the fuck out of that cock" -Giggers

"I like the cock gif" -CNut

#7 GeneticBlueprint

GeneticBlueprint
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yeah I can't remember a year where people didn't complain about the mascots or logo.

#8 imdahman

imdahman
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

It's probably a conscious design choice - making them look like a UK national would probably invoke the ire of some visiting delegation; why is the Olympic mascot English when the Olympics are supposed to be about unity and togetherness? Making the mascot a specific person draws attention away from the rest of the people who don't look like that mascot or share the same skin colour. Then you'll probably get complaints that it's racist.

Better to just make an ambiguous mascot that everyone can hate :D

Or maybe they'll luck out and the kids will love 'em and sell a billion of them.
- imdahman

"Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down;
tells ya she's hurtin' before she keels; makes her home."

Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users