- - - - -

Finally fucking happening... Legend of Dragoon coming to PSN (PSOne Classic)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Z3M0G

Z3M0G
  • 7,688 posts
  • LocationNB, Canada
  • PSN ID:Z3M0G

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

http://blog.us.plays....eborn-may-1st/

Posted Image

What's left from the big wish list?  This was the last major one I could think of...
Posted Image FINAL FANTASY X|V
Posted Image Tarek Darichian (Sargatanas)   Wild Tonberries <<STAB!>>  Posted ImagePALADIN(50) Posted ImageLANCER
Posted Image  DIABLO I|I AuraElisten (DemonHunter)

#2 Graciaus

Graciaus
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

I own it on disk but never beat it as a child. I don't think I could fully appreciate the battle system back then. But after playing Lost Odyssey which is somewhat like it I'm pretty sure I could now.

I still remember some of the story somehow.
IGN name S.Smg51288.
Since almost every signature is annoying I don't have to ever see this text.

#3 StephenO1683

StephenO1683

#

• 22,644 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Woot

#4 LionFranco

LionFranco

2014: Year of the Vita!

• 23,380 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

its about damn time!

I still want some others, like Brigandine, the Lunar games, Suikoden 2, etc.
Final Fantaxy XIV - The reason all of my other video games are neglected.

Vita, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS3, PC, WiiU, Wii & 360
PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,
Freedom Wars, another Dragons Dogma game, Mighty Number 9, etc.
FFXIV: Jeroak Nelave

The Big Bang makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. God does not.
Nothing comes from nothing, God never could.
Evolution is not the problem. God is the problem.

#5 Z3M0G

Z3M0G
  • 7,688 posts
  • LocationNB, Canada
  • PSN ID:Z3M0G

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostLionFranco, on 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

its about damn time!

I still want some others, like Brigandine, the Lunar games, Suikoden 2, etc.

Forgot about those... was likely not a priority thanks to the PSP remake(s).
Posted Image FINAL FANTASY X|V
Posted Image Tarek Darichian (Sargatanas)   Wild Tonberries <<STAB!>>  Posted ImagePALADIN(50) Posted ImageLANCER
Posted Image  DIABLO I|I AuraElisten (DemonHunter)

#6 shady

shady
  • 1,902 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'm playing Lunar Silver Star on Vita, and it looks great on the screen, so you're right it's not a priority for the Lunar games, maybe Lunar II. Suikoden II should be up there. I would like to download as I've only ever heard praise for it.

In regards to Legend of Dragoon, Imma buy it for sure. I already know I will even if I say I won't, it will end up being bought! You know the prices are really great on PSone classics, not more than $10 for full games... thats nothing really, pocket change.

#7 dualhunter

dualhunter
  • 3,032 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

The continued absence of Breath of Fire 3 is puzzling give that BoF4 is available.

#8 GROCERIES

GROCERIES

The Coolest Fuck in the World

• 5,709 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

fUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#9 Comet

Comet

9th Robot Master

• 18,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Damn you Sony, give us PS One on the Vita. Wish I didn't trade in my PSP... argh
Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 5343-8030-5769

#10 shady

shady
  • 1,902 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

PSone support on Vita will be much appreciated when released.

#11 ARZ

ARZ
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

YESSSS!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
honorem supra omnia
Gamertag: ARZ
PSN ID: ARZ75
Steam ID: ARZ75

#12 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

The Blood Dragon

• 28,415 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image
http://www.last.fm/user/Hydro-Thunder

PC: i5-3570K 8GB 660Ti 1TB
Laptop: i7-4700MQ 12GB 765m 750GB

#13 SoulDrifter1

SoulDrifter1

Close The Keyhole

• 2,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Holy fucking shit! It's about time Sony released this. Legend of Dragoon is the only game for PSone Classics that I have been waiting for... Well, that and Xenogears, which was finally release a long while back.
PSN ID: SoulDrifter1 Steam ID: bigbangmud
Memeber of The SlasherMiniNetwork- Follow us on YouTube for reviews of games, music and more at http://www.youtube.com/TheSMNetwork & http://www.facebook.com/TheSMNetwork
Posted Image  Posted Image

#14 Hurdyb1

Hurdyb1
  • 18,406 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yup! Buying it as well. Was the only true JRPG I enjoyed next to Lost Odessey.
Chitownshogun73 = Gamertag & PSNID

#15 HGLatinBoy

HGLatinBoy

American Gangster

• 12,668 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I guess Brave Fencer Musashi would be another one it's been out in Japan for years now.

Also FUCK YEAH!! About fucking time. I loved that game even though I never finished it. I got to the 3rd disc but couldn't beat a boss that could disable your Dragoon powers.

Also that game was really flawed.

1) EXP is shared so the only time you ever really leveled up was when you defeated a boss and of course sometimes a boss would knock a character out right before I finished him and now that character was stuck at a lower level.

2) Item inventory has a limit and its small limit! That's one thing I liked about the FF games you can always have 99 of any one item. I'm not sure if I remember correctly how the inventory worked on Dragoon but maybe you could have 30 slots for items and each could only have a maximum of 9 of the same item.

3) It's fucking hard.
Posted Image Posted Image    Posted Image

#16 DCDW

DCDW
  • 495 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

While they've only done a select few PS2 titles soo far, I'd like to see the Shadow Heart games make their way to SEN.
PSN : Funzolicious
XBox : DCDW

#17 Graciaus

Graciaus
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostHGLatinBoy, on 13 April 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

2) Item inventory has a limit and its small limit! That's one thing I liked about the FF games you can always have 99 of any one item. I'm not sure if I remember correctly how the inventory worked on Dragoon but maybe you could have 30 slots for items and each could only have a maximum of 9 of the same item.
A lot of JRPGs are like that. But at the end of the game how many items have you really used? Generally all the super rare items I never even use and everything just sits there since magic is usually better.
IGN name S.Smg51288.

#18 Bebop

Bebop
  • Newly Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Im more interested in PS2 classics.
Posted Image

#19 XxEvil AshxX

XxEvil AshxX
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

I remember buying this game day one on the PS1. Played it, beat it, and to be honest I didn't really think it was all that. I remember there being a ton of hype around it because of the fact that it was so long in development, originally supposed to be a N64 game, if I remember correctly.

It was decent, just don't expect anything mind-blowing and you should enjoy it.

EDIT: Eh, according to wiki, Sony made it themselves, so it probably wasn't ever going to N64. Was probably thinking of Too Human.
Posted Image

#20 Fizzzzle

Fizzzzle

buttdick

• 16,150 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Still need Brave Fencer Musashi, Lunar 2, Suikoden II, Breath of Fire III (and maybe even IV, if you're into that kind of thing), annnnd I don't know. Is Vandal Hearts on PSN? Or Saga Frontier? Or Legend of Legaia?

Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2 would also be nice, but I imagine Square Enix wouldn't be in a hurry to approve it, since they were released on PSP.

I already have most of those games anyway, though, so I don't really pay attention.

#21 dualhunter

dualhunter
  • 3,032 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostFizzzzle, on 16 April 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Still need Brave Fencer Musashi, Lunar 2, Suikoden II, Breath of Fire III (and maybe even IV, if you're into that kind of thing), annnnd I don't know. Is Vandal Hearts on PSN? Or Saga Frontier? Or Legend of Legaia?

Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2 would also be nice, but I imagine Square Enix wouldn't be in a hurry to approve it, since they were released on PSP.

I already have most of those games anyway, though, so I don't really pay attention.

Breath of Fire IV is on PSN that's why it's strange that III isn't. Apparently Capcom can't release odd numbered entries in the series despite being able to make ports/remakes of them. BoF I&II had GBA ports but only II is on Wii VC. Did the PSP version of BoF III get an English release? Other than a few games that were originally published by Enix, there aren't any Wii VC or PSN games by Enix.

#22 Graciaus

Graciaus
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

^ Pretty sure the PSP version of BOF3 never left Japan/Europe and the US for once got screwed.
IGN name S.Smg51288.

#23 LionFranco

LionFranco

2014: Year of the Vita!

• 23,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostComet, on 11 April 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Damn you Sony, give us PS One on the Vita. Wish I didn't trade in my PSP... argh

Comet, a good compromise for that, atleast temporarily, is to use Remote Play to play PSOne games via the PS3. You can use the remote play feature, and it is smoother than with the PSP. I was able to play Pixel Junk Shooter with it, and i'm pretty sure ALL PSone games are compatible with the feature.
Final Fantaxy XIV - The reason all of my other video games are neglected.

Vita, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS3, PC, WiiU, Wii & 360
PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,
Freedom Wars, another Dragons Dogma game, Mighty Number 9, etc.
FFXIV: Jeroak Nelave

The Big Bang makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. God does not.
Nothing comes from nothing, God never could.
Evolution is not the problem. God is the problem.

#24 RedSoxFan9

RedSoxFan9
  • 25,948 posts
  • LocationDanger Zone
  • 3DS FC:4468-1812-4839
  • Steam ID:RedSoxFan9

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Cool.  I hope the game still holds up well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users