Finally fucking happening... Legend of Dragoon coming to PSN (PSOne Classic)

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I own it on disk but never beat it as a child. I don't think I could fully appreciate the battle system back then. But after playing Lost Odyssey which is somewhat like it I'm pretty sure I could now.

I still remember some of the story somehow.

Posted · Report post

its about damn time!

I still want some others, like Brigandine, the Lunar games, Suikoden 2, etc.

Posted · Report post

its about damn time!

I still want some others, like Brigandine, the Lunar games, Suikoden 2, etc.

Forgot about those... was likely not a priority thanks to the PSP remake(s).

Posted · Report post

I'm playing Lunar Silver Star on Vita, and it looks great on the screen, so you're right it's not a priority for the Lunar games, maybe Lunar II. Suikoden II should be up there. I would like to download as I've only ever heard praise for it.

In regards to Legend of Dragoon, Imma buy it for sure. I already know I will even if I say I won't, it will end up being bought! You know the prices are really great on PSone classics, not more than $10 for full games... thats nothing really, pocket change.

Posted · Report post

The continued absence of Breath of Fire 3 is puzzling give that BoF4 is available.

Posted · Report post

Damn you Sony, give us PS One on the Vita. Wish I didn't trade in my PSP... argh

Posted · Report post

PSone support on Vita will be much appreciated when released.

Posted · Report post

YESSSS!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Posted · Report post

Holy fucking shit! It's about time Sony released this. Legend of Dragoon is the only game for PSone Classics that I have been waiting for... Well, that and Xenogears, which was finally release a long while back.

Posted · Report post

I guess Brave Fencer Musashi would be another one it's been out in Japan for years now.

Also FUCK YEAH!! About fucking time. I loved that game even though I never finished it. I got to the 3rd disc but couldn't beat a boss that could disable your Dragoon powers.

Also that game was really flawed.

1) EXP is shared so the only time you ever really leveled up was when you defeated a boss and of course sometimes a boss would knock a character out right before I finished him and now that character was stuck at a lower level.

2) Item inventory has a limit and its small limit! That's one thing I liked about the FF games you can always have 99 of any one item. I'm not sure if I remember correctly how the inventory worked on Dragoon but maybe you could have 30 slots for items and each could only have a maximum of 9 of the same item.

3) It's fucking hard.

Posted · Report post

While they've only done a select few PS2 titles soo far, I'd like to see the Shadow Heart games make their way to SEN.

Posted · Report post

2) Item inventory has a limit and its small limit! That's one thing I liked about the FF games you can always have 99 of any one item. I'm not sure if I remember correctly how the inventory worked on Dragoon but maybe you could have 30 slots for items and each could only have a maximum of 9 of the same item.

A lot of JRPGs are like that. But at the end of the game how many items have you really used? Generally all the super rare items I never even use and everything just sits there since magic is usually better.

Posted · Report post

I remember buying this game day one on the PS1. Played it, beat it, and to be honest I didn't really think it was all that. I remember there being a ton of hype around it because of the fact that it was so long in development, originally supposed to be a N64 game, if I remember correctly.

It was decent, just don't expect anything mind-blowing and you should enjoy it.

EDIT: Eh, according to wiki, Sony made it themselves, so it probably wasn't ever going to N64. Was probably thinking of Too Human.

Posted · Report post

Still need Brave Fencer Musashi, Lunar 2, Suikoden II, Breath of Fire III (and maybe even IV, if you're into that kind of thing), annnnd I don't know. Is Vandal Hearts on PSN? Or Saga Frontier? Or Legend of Legaia?

Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2 would also be nice, but I imagine Square Enix wouldn't be in a hurry to approve it, since they were released on PSP.

I already have most of those games anyway, though, so I don't really pay attention.

Posted · Report post

Still need Brave Fencer Musashi, Lunar 2, Suikoden II, Breath of Fire III (and maybe even IV, if you're into that kind of thing), annnnd I don't know. Is Vandal Hearts on PSN? Or Saga Frontier? Or Legend of Legaia?

Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2 would also be nice, but I imagine Square Enix wouldn't be in a hurry to approve it, since they were released on PSP.

I already have most of those games anyway, though, so I don't really pay attention.

Breath of Fire IV is on PSN that's why it's strange that III isn't. Apparently Capcom can't release odd numbered entries in the series despite being able to make ports/remakes of them. BoF I&II had GBA ports but only II is on Wii VC. Did the PSP version of BoF III get an English release? Other than a few games that were originally published by Enix, there aren't any Wii VC or PSN games by Enix.

Posted · Report post

^ Pretty sure the PSP version of BOF3 never left Japan/Europe and the US for once got screwed.

Posted · Report post

Damn you Sony, give us PS One on the Vita. Wish I didn't trade in my PSP... argh

Comet, a good compromise for that, atleast temporarily, is to use Remote Play to play PSOne games via the PS3. You can use the remote play feature, and it is smoother than with the PSP. I was able to play Pixel Junk Shooter with it, and i'm pretty sure ALL PSone games are compatible with the feature.

Posted · Report post

Cool. I hope the game still holds up well.