Ominous

Where the heck is ivybridge?

100 posts in this topic

I don't keep track of the exact price but I think it's been the same price since launch. All i know is that Fry's priced matched my 2600k for a 2500 cause that's all they had left on the website and I dunno if the manager knew the difference.

This i7 deal is a pretty recent promotion. Also if you buy an intel motherboard along with a 2600k you get $50 off.

The microcenter in Dallas is out of stock :( I bet Frys would do a price match tho.

Does Frys usually get new processors when they release? I rather have IB on the release date than wait for shipping.

I'm sure they will, but each Frys is different from each other so I dunno...

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/69-cpu-chipset/45720-ivy-bridge-gets-95w-tdp-worse-overclocker-than-sandy-bridge.html

So IB was supposed to be 77W TDP all this time, and now, unless this is a fake or misprint, it's a 95W TDP. :shrug:

Not the end of the world, but asplains some of the heat issue. I'm not worried about it OCing less too, at least coming from a non-SB, cuz from some of the tests I've seen, a 200 - 300 Mhz difference in IB vs SB equals about the same scores.

welp, everything ordered now but the CPU. One more week.