Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

God isn't real.

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

At least in the sense of the "personal God" that the monotheistic faiths describe.

Posted · Report post

Sure God exists. Many scientists support the existence of God in many facets. Take for example, Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self described agnostic has stated the following " I believe the seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...

The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen.

Steven Weinberg, a Nobel laureate in Physics, said at the moment of this explosion, "the universe was about a hundred thousands million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light."

The universe has not always existed. It had a start...what caused that? Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light and matter.

this world is a magnificent design. No question at all.

Posted · Report post

Steve Weinberg did not say anything that means "God did it"

Posted · Report post

Steve Weinberg did not say anything that means "God did it"

had to get your 2 cents in eh buddy?

Posted · Report post

had to get your 2 cents in eh buddy?

It's true though; that quote literally says nothing about the existence of God.

Posted · Report post

lol we gave ohioguy his own board?

Posted · Report post

For me, God never forces us to believe in him thanks to that of free will,I think he has provided evidence of his existence for us to willingly respond to him. But if you're going to write him off totally and not open your heart to Christ, then sure, you won't find him in your world. You want facts? How about earth is a perfect distance from the sun to keep it at temperatures to keep us sustained. And then we have the perfect element that gives life. Water. If you want to find Jesus, you must open your heart to Jesus. Its' a very simple to find God. Just gotta be willing.

Posted · Report post

lol we gave ohioguy his own board?

:daydream:

Oh. Just because people expected me too.You guys already know this stuff that I say. Guess I'm just repeatin' myself.

Posted · Report post

For me, God never forces us to believe in him thanks to that of free will,I think he has provided evidence of his existence for us to willingly respond to him. But if you're going to write him off totally and not open your heart to Christ, then sure, you won't find him in your world. You want facts? How about earth is a perfect distance from the sun to keep it at temperatures to keep us sustained. And then we have the perfect element that gives life. Water. If you want to find Jesus, you must open your heart to Jesus. Its' a very simple to find God. Just gotta be willing.

There are billions of estimated earth-like planets (habitable distance from the nearest star, water); we aren't unique in any way. Moreover, none of that is causal.

Posted · Report post

I wonder if og realizes on any level how absurdly idiotic his statements on these boards make him look to anyone with half a brain. I've literally linked his threads to 3 people now, 1 of whom was religious, to make fun of him and all 3 were totally shocked.

Posted · Report post

That was a completely coherent sentence, so I don't know why you would call it 'rambling' (unless your reading comprehension is at a grade school level). I guess this is the point where you turn to red herrings and ad hominems?

Posted · Report post

I wonder if og realizes on any level how absurdly idiotic his statements on these boards make him look to anyone with half a brain. I've literally linked his threads to 3 people now, 1 of whom was religious, to make fun of him and all 3 were totally shocked.

your replies to me the last 10 topics had the word "idiotic" in the post. Seems like you just get bent out of shape and pissed off because I must make a nice argument that you can't respond to nicely. Whatever man. You preach to me how I can't debate nicely, and you continue to be the biggest fucking hypocrite on these boards saying how stupid the rest of us are and how we don't know how to debate. Give me a break. Guess what? I know a bit more than your lousy assumptions infer. Later.

Posted · Report post

That was a completely coherent sentence, so I don't know why you would call it 'rambling' (unless your reading comprehension is at a grade school level). I guess this is the point where you turn to red herrings and ad hominems?

Do you know even what coherent means? You're giving my beloved Cookie monster a bad name man.

Posted · Report post

Do you know even what coherent means? You're giving my beloved Cookie monster a bad name man.

Of course I know what coherent means, that's why I used it. I typed an entirely coherent sentence.

Posted · Report post

your replies to me the last 10 topics had the word "idiotic" in the post. Seems like you just get bent out of shape and pissed off because I must make a nice argument that you can't respond to nicely. Whatever man. You preach to me how I can't debate nicely, and you continue to be the biggest fucking hypocrite on these boards saying how stupid the rest of us are and how we don't know how to debate. Give me a break. Guess what? I know a bit more than your lousy assumptions infer. Later.

Who's pissed off? I think your idiocy is hilarious.

Posted · Report post

My problem with non-believers is that they need to touch and feel shit to make it exist. Or is that absurd for me to say that? I mean, you can't see love can you? You can show acts of love, but can you prove that you love your parents or brothers and sisters? So should I just believe a person loves their family based on faith?

One thing I do admit being a Christian, there are a helluva lotta things about my existence I don't know a thing about. and that's the greatness of God, the mystery of Faith. My life is wonderful, I'm blessed and know there will be something more for me when I leave this world. Not scared of all at death, it's gonna be good. I know it will.

Posted · Report post

Who's pissed off? I think your idiocy is hilarious.

Ranting is something you're good at man.

Posted · Report post

Ranting is something you're good at man.

I like to think so. :sun:

Posted · Report post

My problem with non-believers is that they need to touch and feel shit to make it exist. Or is that absurd for me to say that? I mean, you can't see love can you? You can show acts of love, but can you prove that you love your parents or brothers and sisters? So should I just believe a person loves their family based on faith?

One thing I do admit being a Christian, there are a helluva lotta things about my existence I don't know a thing about. and that's the greatness of God, the mystery of Faith. My life is wonderful, I'm blessed and know there will be something more for me when I leave this world. Not scared of all at death, it's gonna be good. I know it will.

Love is an emotion. And like any other emotion, it's the psychological manifestation of the chemical-biological reaction caused by an external stimulus. You can actually "see" love by observing and measuring the brainwave and chemical activity that the emotion produces.

Posted · Report post

The interesting thing about this specific thread title is that you could make a definite argument that "God" is real.

God just doesn't exist.

The human concept of God, in countless variations, is certainly real and one of the most influential concepts in our history.

Edit: Also, it's cool that we got our own board again. It was very awkward in the "Life" section. Will the old religion threads be moved here? I just made one about a podcast that might get a little more airtime on this specific board :P

Posted · Report post

Judging by what I've read from this thread, you really have no idea how to debate.

Also you said "later" implying that you were done with the argument, and would be leaving. You then proceeded to post a second time without even waiting for a response, and are still posting now.

Personally I don't believe in God. However, I respect people who do except when they make fools of themselves and their beliefs by saying things like