I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time! Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
D1Pcast Episode 28: The 2017 E3 Review Show (Recording June 23 - share your E3 impressions!) 06/01/2017Now that E3 2017 has concluded, the D1Pcast crew will be recording its impressions of the show on Friday June 23 at around 6:30pm Eastern time. Like we did for the preview show, we'll run through each conference and give our thoughts on the good, bad, and the wonderfully inexplicable (Devolver Digital - I'm looking at you!). We're very much interested in hearing your thoughts and impressions about this past E3, so feel free to share them in this thread. Or -- even better! -- if you'd like to join us for this episode, we'd love to have you on the show! The more, the merrier as we put a capstone on our E3 2017 coverage!
E3 2017 is upon us! 06/07/2017The annual celebration of all things video gaming is upon us, so let us share in the revelry and post the news, videos, interviews, and discussion topics in our dedicated E3 2017 board here: http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/forum/122-e3-2017/ Also, feel free to join our Discord server for live text and voice chat of the various conferences - here's an invite that (theoretically) should not expire: https://discord.gg/chqTQ2F Let's all have a magnificent E3!
1 post in this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Based off some community feedback, I am going to make the following adjustments to the TOS in regards to ban times and punishment levels. Effective April 1st (No April fools )
Current "Bans and Warnings" section of the TOS:
Changed Bans and Warnings:
First thing, I'm doing away with the 1 month banning. We only have had 3 or 4 users who have even hit that level of banning, but after we changed these back in November I can tell you it is unnecessary to have now. As a deterrent even, it doesn't work. It also gives our community a different image of being strict, which isn't what made our community what it is. Actually it was part of the reason we left our previous home in the first place.
Secondly, you will notice there is a range of ban lengths now instead of a flat time amount. This was created to give the mods more flexibility when deciding what type of ban (if any) is appropriate as opposed to a flat increasing ban level. Users will still be tracked on how many times they break the TOS as a stat a mod can reference when issuing bans, but they will no longer be linked directly to flat ban times.
I think this is also more welcoming for a new user to see a lighter ban structure that is still more than capable of handling the issues that arise in the community.
Update to the TOS is on the way, this is a preview of what will go into effect next week. Any questions, etc. post on below!
- With the exception of a few permanently banned accounts, all users' Ban and violation histories are being wiped clean!
- Every user will receive 2 warning per year before they can expect a ban under most mod actions. More severe violations can go straight to ban by a mod's discretion.
- Icons / Avatars must now be SFW (Safe for Work). NSFW gifs and images, even mild, will not be permitted. You will be asked to change it, or a mod may remove the image for you. This site will be comfortably viewable to everyone no matter of location.
- The ban system we used has been scrapped for a single simple system, which is now publicly known. We had different levels of ban times depending on the infraction and the past user histories before, and the ban methods were not actually known outside the staff and could have appeared to be random.
- Overall staff transparency and accountability is being addressed. There has been a disconnect between the community and the staff members with the biggest concern being modding consistency. Mods are now required to make a note publicly of their edits of posts or removal of content, to further our transparency. We serve the community, and are the same as you with but with a few more responsibilities.
I aint fraid of nuddin
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Who's Online 46 Members, 6 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)
- Fuhrer D
- The def star
- SeVeN CDN