Kid Icarus: Uprising Weapon Fusing Guide

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Credit goes to user UncleSporky from NeoGAF.

Super Guide to Weapon Fusion

I got most of this info from the Japanese wiki, where they figured out the formula for how weapon fusions work to get specific weapons.

Essentially, there are 12 weapons of every type, and each of these weapons is assigned a number from 1 to 12. When you fuse two weapons together, you just add those numbers together to get the number of the resulting weapon. If the result is higher than 12, it just wraps back around to 1; in other words, if it's more than 12, subtract 12. Simple as that!

So for example, you want to make an Angel Bow, because you have heard it has really good homing capabilities and you want to try it out.

First you check this chart to see what combinations can result in bows:

Posted Image

It turns out you can make bows from anything except staves and other bows.

So looking down the first column, you randomly decide you are going to make an Angel Bow from a blade and an arm. What number is the Angel Bow, so we can find out what blade and arm numbers we need to add together?

Well see below for the list of weapon numbers(or click this link). I believe this is correct; it's the order the cards are numbered and the order of idols in-game, and every test I've put it through has worked. These are SPOILERS, some of these weapons take a lot of work to unlock, and they're named after bosses and such.

So we can see that the Angel Bow is number 7. 2 + 5 = 7, we could use blade 2 and arm 5 to make it, which is a Burst Blade and Drill Arm.

Or as another example, Royal Blade plus Artillery Claws equals Ore Club. 5 + 8 = 13, 13 - 12 = 1.

Nifty, huh?

One interesting thing about this is that almost any weapon can be used to fuse almost any other weapon. I mean, think about it...say you want to make a Royal Blade, blade 5. Staves are one blade ingredient and cannons are the other, so let's see which staves and cannons can be used to make blade 5:

1 & 4
2 & 3
3 & 2
4 & 1
5 & 12
6 & 11
7 & 10
8 & 9
9 & 8
10 & 7
11 & 6
12 & 5

...All staves and cannons can be used as part of a fusion to make blade 5! It's just a game of finding the right partner.

If a fusion doesn't work, i.e. if you try to fuse two weapons to make a new one and all you see is an X and question mark, it means you haven't unlocked that weapon yet. Play the game more, explore more thoroughly in every even-numbered chapter, complete more treasure hunt challenges. Eventually you will be able to fuse anything with anything.

According to the wiki that revealed this, there are some exceptions to this rule. You'll expect to get a staff and end up with a sword instead. I have no idea why, perhaps there are some small programming errors. If a certain combination doesn't turn out as expected, I'm sorry, but this addition rule for fusion works the majority of the time.

Oh yeah, one other thing: to my knowledge, nobody knows how to tell which stars and abilities get carried over yet. It's bound to be a complicated calculation.

Weapon List
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 LionFranco

LionFranco

2014: Year of the Vita!

• 24,056 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Whoa, thanks Dean, this looks like a pretty awesome guide for weapon fusion in the game. Was this on NeoGAF, i havent checked there today.
Final Fantaxy XIV - The reason all of my other video games are neglected.

Vita, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS3, PC, WiiU, Wii & 360
PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,
Freedom Wars, another Dragons Dogma game, Mighty Number 9, etc.
FFXIV: Jeroak Nelave

The Big Bang makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. God does not.
Nothing comes from nothing, God never could.
Evolution is not the problem. God is the problem.

#3 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yup.  I credited the guy at e beiging of the post.  It can be found on the 53 page(100 posts per page) of the Official Kid Icarus thread.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=466070
Posted Image

#4 baserock love

baserock love

Hopefully not your dad

• Newly Registered
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostAndrewDean84, on 27 March 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Yup.  I credited the guy at e beiging of the post.  It can be found on the 53 page(100 posts per page) of the Official Kid Icarus thread.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=466070

Reading through that thread it's insane how much they love the game.  They even commented at one point on how oddly harmonious everybody is in it, it seems like the game is just unanimously adored so far, how rare is that?
Bad Cartridge:  The new systemwars.com

3ds friend code: 1289 8428 2854 baserock

#5 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Rare.
Posted Image

#6 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I just made some Wolf Claws with 6 stars for both range and melee and attack power of 285.
Posted Image

#7 euphzilla03

euphzilla03
  • Newly Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSome mitten like land

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Very nice I've found this quite helpful.
3DS FC 1547-5204-0770

#8 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Bump
Posted Image

#9 Layth

Layth
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Xbox Live:Layth
  • PSN ID:Layth1
  • NIntendo ID:Layth1
  • 3DS FC:4339-2484-2141

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

:epilepsy:

Stupid question but I'll ask anyways is there any benefit for going out of my way to try a certain kind of claw, bow, or whatever? The way I've been fusing stuff so far is I see what stats carry over and the overall value of the new weapon and the star rating for ranged and melee.

#10 baserock love

baserock love

Hopefully not your dad

• Newly Registered
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostAndrewDean84, on 28 March 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I just made some Wolf Claws with 6 stars for both range and melee and attack power of 285.

Where do you even see what their attack power is?  I see "value" i assumed that was heart value.

Also, is it just me or do clubs just suck wet ass?  I made one and it was very powerful so i figured i'd just play it and it basically got me killed twice, completely useless weapon.

#11 Kitoro

Kitoro

Wahoo!

• 7,198 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

The Value of a weapon consists of an algorithmic value that takes into consideration the total amount of stars, and the amounts of the + stat modifiers added together. The higher the value, though, the more your team's life bar in LvD depletes when you die. Doesn't bother me, though, because the higher my weapon value, the faster I kill my enemies, and the less I die. It's a risk/reward thing. I almost always finish 1st place in FFA/Teams, so I prefer higher value weapons.
Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 1461-6203-0630

Now Playing: Nothing of Value
Anticipating: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Epic Mickey 2

#12 baserock love

baserock love

Hopefully not your dad

• Newly Registered
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Ok, can anybody tell me how to make the following, cuz one i'm trying to replace my aging one and they all seem to be the best weapons:

Sagittarius bows, definitely the best bow i've ever used was a Sagittarius bow, i totally regret fusing it.  This one guy had a 290 or so value saggitarius bow with +4 standing charge shot, it was a one hit kill on virtually everybody, just deadly and i want it.

Aurum anything, every time i see somebody with any type of aurum weapon they just destroy people.

Palutena bows, people that have these also just wreck shop with them, i've never had one come up in crafting.

EDIT:

Hmm, maybe i never unlocked palutena or aurum weapons, i'm still only on chapter 6 of the game, all i ever play is multiplayer, it's like fucking crack.  Crack Icarus.

Also interesting, i've never come up against a phosphora bow, wonder how the hell you get that.

#13 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

Some weapons can't be earned or fused until you reach certain chapters in single player.
Posted Image

#14 StephenO1683

StephenO1683

#

• 23,486 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Holyshit at this thread having 15k+ views.  Dat Google!

#15 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

You're welcome D1P.
Posted Image

#16 GameDadGrant

GameDadGrant

You fought well. I was honored.

• 7,060 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm working my way to getting a Silver Bow. I know a guy that uses one and he's pretty killer with it.

Posted Image

#17 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

There are much better guides out there now.
Posted Image

#18 GameDadGrant

GameDadGrant

• 7,060 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

^ Where? GameFAQS, or...?

Posted Image

#19 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 29,061 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostGameDadGrant, on 01 August 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

^ Where? GameFAQS, or...?

Just on the web.  Last I saw, there was a site you could visit that had everything.
Posted Image

#20 GameDadGrant

GameDadGrant

• 7,060 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

There's a Kid Icarus Uprising Wiki that has a lot of good info.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users