Pikachu

"Why I Pirate" - An Open Letter to Content Creators (Very, very, very long read inside)

Word. Were all infomercials as bad as that back in the day?

Although ... now that I think about it ... they’re not really any better nowadays :P

The part where he was dancing in like 2 frames of animation with the little computer screen mirror the same thing infinitely and the horrible background with the obviously smashed pedestal holding the PC made me simultaneously want to stop all piracy for all time and to download every game ever made illegally because it was so mind-blowingly bad, hahahaha. What an amazing video.

Has there ever been a GOOD anti-filesharing ad? Only crappy ones like the one above come to mind:

The parodies, however, are hilarious :lol:

These ads act like the US is like China with copyrights. We don't have problems with fake iPads or ripped physical copies of movies here. These ads aren't even talking about the real problem. I love how they will waste money paying Jackie and Arnold (assuming they did) instead of using it to actually solve the problem.

What’s even weirder: They can get these two Hollywood stars for that ad but can’t afford some proper green screening / editing.

I'm not going to read through the whole thread, but I assume it's mostly about Demut pirating games, right?

Yeah, alas it kinda turned into that thanks to people like Ominous :/

Gamers do need to put their foot down but you got the idiots that HAVE to have Madden every year and HAVE TO HAVE the new Call of Duty. I think us in here represent a small minority of the informed gamer than can actually say, "I'm going to talk with my wallet and buy something else".

Definitely agree with this. I always try to buy products at prices I feel comfortable at. I will rarely buy a game day 1 because there is a huge risk of not liking the game. Games with bad DRM also heavily influences my wallet nowadays; I won't spend more than a few bucks on games with shitty DRM and that's only if I really want it.

I skipped to the "In closing" part. Nice try at justification but if everybody had this sense of entitlement about everything we'd be living in a Mad Max style world of social anarchy. What if somebody decides they want this dude's house, or car or woman? Would they just be entitled to them because they want them and had the ability to take them from him? That's a pretty long letter and a pretty elaborate attempt at justifying an unjustifiable act.

I don't know...can you make an exact copy of that dude's house, or car, or woman, and own and use it while he still has his original versions as well? Because until you can (star trek replicators FTW), this is an apples to oranges comparison.