How does HBO Go work

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha1Cowboy

Alpha1Cowboy
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Do you just have access to HBO and what's currently on....or is it Like Netflix and Hulu where you have access to a movie library.....or do they have specific programming just for it.

Added question

IF I have Verizon FIOS and a DVR I can record all the channels that I subscribe to right?  So if I have HBO I can DVR Game of Thrones..etc
That which does not kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I'll deal with when I respawn.

#2 sixbyfive

sixbyfive
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Pretty much all of their HBO Original shows are available.  They also quite a bit of current movies availalble too I think.
Posted Image

#3 never_knows_best

never_knows_best

Not a Mod

• 13,096 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

In addition to (nearly) all their original shows Go also has a significantly bigger movie selection than HBO On Demand. It's pretty sweet. I just hope they improve the picture quality by time it hits 360 on April 1st, because as it is it's not nearly as good looking as Netflix Instant.

And yeah, you can record anything including HBO. Whenever there's a free trial weekend of other movie channels I'm always sure to record everything I can before it ends :lol:
but now we dance this grim fandango
and will four years before we rest

#4 sblfilms

sblfilms
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

HBO Go has pretty close to everything from their original programming catalog and all of the third party content that is currently airing on the network.

#5 therockdltj

therockdltj
  • 6,958 posts
  • NIntendo ID:remarkableriots
  • 3DS FC:1478-5283-2817
  • Steam ID:therockdlt

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Decided to cancel netflix since all the shows I want to watch are on this

#6 Alpha1Cowboy

Alpha1Cowboy
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

View Posttherockdltj, on 07 March 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Decided to cancel netflix since all the shows I want to watch are on this

Yeah I did the same thing...cancelled netflix and Hulu Plus.

But I spent the entire day calling Verizon....going through what they have and then saying no thanks until they offered me the right deal/combination.  
Internet 35/35
Prime HD (their Basic Cabe Package) with just HBO
DVR
Russian Channels
78.00 a month for two years.

As long as we at least keep internet we can cancel out at anytime from the TV stuff if we find we don't like it.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I'll deal with when I respawn.

#7 RedSoxFan9

RedSoxFan9
  • 25,847 posts
  • LocationDanger Zone
  • 3DS FC:4468-1812-4839
  • Steam ID:RedSoxFan9

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

It's a pity the quality sucks.  I'll just stick to BDs/DVDs.

#8 Alpha1Cowboy

Alpha1Cowboy
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Verizon is the DC area is pretty awesome.

I wish I could have verizon wireless because they are the only ones who give you full access to your phone while in the Metrorail underground.......almost my entire 35 minute ride into DC is underground.  My Internet has never gone down once and I actually hit the promised speeds of 25/25.

As for TV...we'll I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When I was a kid living out in the boondocks we had one of those big old satellite dishes that we would get coordinates and punch in to pick up TV services.   I'm kinda curious about how those fare nowadays because I have a pretty big back yard.

#9 therockdltj

therockdltj
  • 6,958 posts
  • NIntendo ID:remarkableriots
  • 3DS FC:1478-5283-2817
  • Steam ID:therockdlt

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostAlpha1Cowboy, on 08 March 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Verizon is the DC area is pretty awesome.

I wish I could have verizon wireless because they are the only ones who give you full access to your phone while in the Metrorail underground.......almost my entire 35 minute ride into DC is underground.  My Internet has never gone down once and I actually hit the promised speeds of 25/25.

As for TV...we'll I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When I was a kid living out in the boondocks we had one of those big old satellite dishes that we would get coordinates and punch in to pick up TV services.   I'm kinda curious about how those fare nowadays because I have a pretty big back yard.
I wonder also I haven't seen one in a very long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users