How can you find out if a used iPhone is stolen?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rbk_3

Rbk_3
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

So long story short I lost my 4s on the weekend so I decided to buy one from kijiji.

Anyway, I went into telus today got a new sim, found an add online for a 4 so I bought it for 400. The ad said it was white but it turned out to be black, he said he screwed up in the add. I checked the serial number on apples site and it said it wasn't under warenty anymore but never said anything about it being flagged.
Anyway, when I got home I realized the serial number on the box was different than the phone and the charger cable/outlet are not the original. I then looked at his ad again and seen that he had several other ads up.

Posted Image

Those are all his ads. I emailed him when I got home and stated that the phone was actually black and put the serial number in and said that I'm just adding this in in case anything fishy comes up. He responded with "lol ok no problem"

So what should I do here? Should have been more careful, but if anything happens I have all the emails between me and him, I know his name and where he lives as well as his email and phone #

Should I call telus and see if they can tell if it was stolen? If it is what would happen? Could I get my money back?
Posted Image

#2 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Double Fistin' Jack

• 11,870 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA
  • Steam ID:special7

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

There is really no way to tell if its stolen, once the sim is out all bets are off. Enjoy your phone try not to lose this one. :)
My Gaming Rig: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Dual Fans (push/pull) || 2.6GHz CPU-NB || ASUS M5A97 || Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 8-8-8-22 1t || eVGA nVidia GTX 285 1GB || ASUS VS239H-P 23" || Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache || Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Breaded cod is breaded cod. Tastes no different from place to place. Differences from making at home would be subtle . -ohioguy24

#3 Xbob42

Xbob42
  • 13,396 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Quit worrying like a bitch and enjoy your phone.  You're not gonna figure shit out, son.  You ain't a phone detective.
We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#4 Rbk_3

Rbk_3
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for bumping my 1.5 year old thread, brohime
Posted Image

#5 Fizzzzle

Fizzzzle

buttdick

• 15,845 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

what the fuck xbob.

what are you, demut?

Incidentally, did you ever have any problems @Rbk_3 ?

#6 Rbk_3

Rbk_3
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

I ended up selling that one, buying a used 4s that was scratched to hell. I took that to the apple store  and got a refurbished one cause the speaker cut out. Sold that phone And went to and Iphone 5, which I sold for a galaxy s3, which I traded for a 4s that i have now and the home button is now acting up.

So in theory, I'm out 100's of dollars and back to where I was prior to the op. :(
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users