Anthem: full E3 gameplay demo (20 minutes)

Well, EA should feel optimistic about this game since Destiny has given everyone an appetite for co-op loot shooting but has been generally disappointing. I just hope they can muster the gameplay and content variety that is so necessary to keep people interested. I feel like a lot of these games miss out on the class fantasy aspect that is so compelling in MMOs. Despite its uninspired level, enemy, and encounter design, Warframe executed on the class fantasy aspect well enough that I could lose myself in it for hours on end despite fighting hordes of the same uninteresting enemies.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:08 PM, Moa said:

Well, EA should feel optimistic about this game since Destiny has given everyone an appetite for co-op loot shooting but has been generally disappointing. I just hope they can muster the gameplay and content variety that is so necessary to keep people interested. I feel like a lot of these games miss out on the class fantasy aspect that is so compelling in MMOs. Despite its uninspired level, enemy, and encounter design, Warframe executed on the class fantasy aspect well enough that I could lose myself in it for hours on end despite fighting hordes of the same uninteresting enemies.

Companies need to hire some people to just make 500 different weapons and armor pieces for these kinds of games, and keep releasing new stuff all the time (not in DLC). Random stats are also required. But to counter the grind, items should be dropping all the time. Diablo III (after Loot 2.0) was very fun to play because even though you needed to grind, you still got legendaries all of the time.

I'll keep my eye on this for PC...but after Destiny 2's disappointment, I won't be buying this day one. Destiny 2 was free with my videocard so I didn't really care, but I won't be fooled twice by mile-wide and inch-deep content.

Also, I wish developers would stop it with the bloom, CA, and glare in new games.

The more I think about it, I'd be more interested in this as a straight up action game.  I think the suits look incredibly fun to fly around in, but the implications of bullet spounge enemies and co-op loot grinding has little appeal to me.

I don't know if I'd want Bioware making it, in either case.