What retro games are you playing?

Rodimus

Hey What retro games are you playing. I have been playing my Turbo Express. I played Batman, Soldier Blade and a few others last night. I have been playing Bloodstained on the PS4 and some Switch lately as well. I know it is not vintage but it is retro.

All the talk of Sega Mickey games recently made me decide to play my Castle/Land of Illusion games. I never really played these two back to back before but Land is a lot more polished then I remembered. I also played Moon Walker and bunch of other MS games afterwards. 

92Kx9jHChQHWoEBHtc9A4eic73CyryXXq3VWtCW2

I've been putting some time this week into Neo Geo (mostly on Neo CD side). I finally played Real Bout FF (first one) for the first time. I find some of the hit/blood particles funny because on my TV it kind of looks like party confetti yet on Real Bout Special it's more like gloppy blobs. I also have to say that now after I've played more Fatal Fury games, I think Real Bout Special is my favorite in the series. It has the polish of Real Bout with a faster battle speed. I also find it interesting giving Fatal Fury a shot so much later. Sure I played Garou back when it hit but for the most part I mostly only played Sam Sho, Last Blade & Kof series back in the day (in arcades and on collections/ports). The only other Neo Geo Fighter I haven't given much of a play on is the Art of Fighting series (just finally picked up my first game).

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2018 at 10:56 PM, Rodimus said:

Hey What retro games are you playing. I have been playing my Turbo Express. I played Batman, Soldier Blade and a few others last night. I have been playing Bloodstained on the PS4 and some Switch lately as well. I know it is not vintage but it is retro.

I broke out my SNES and played UN Squadron yesterday. LOL. Also starting my journey on Ocarina of Time again. 

I've been playing Link's Awakening on my 3DS. I just made it to the second dungeon, Bottle Grotto. I remember playing it when it first came out on my Game Boy and not knowing how to defeat Pols Voice, let alone that you needed to defeat three of them in that one room in a specific order. I have a lot of good memories associated with this game so just hearing the soundtrack makes me very nostalgic. 

• 1 month later...

I have been on the look out to find thoes Mickey Master System games in the wild. I think I will have to just search online. I think at least one is an import.

Ok so I have 3 games I want to play this month. I also want to get 100% in Night Trap and unlock the never released game and make a video about it. I also want to play through Castlevania 2 on the FDS and make a video on it.  The thrid is I want to play through RE2 on Dreamcast and make a video on it. Ideally I get all this done before Red Dead Redemption 2.  I plan to make those video in that order.

What are some Retro games you are looking to play this month?

• 2 weeks later...

I have thought about playing the Ninja Gaiden games. Sadly my copy of the first one doesn't wark however I could play them if I wanted to. I have been tempted. I started playing Castlevnia SotN on a new PSOne I picked up for $30 little over a week ago. I don't have better video cables yet for itbut playing on my PVM. I'm debating on how much I will play it this way or stop and order better video cables (SCART).