NOOOOOOOO: Last Call with Carson Daly ending after 17 years

SaysWho?

Holy shit, I didn't realize it had been on for 17 years.

It’s the last call for Last Call with Carson Daly. The late-night program will wrap its 17-year run on NBC with star Daly stepping away to concentrate on his duties as host of the Orange Room on Today, host and producer on The Voice and to spend more time with his family, according to the network. He also is working on projects with NBCU’s The Golf Channel.

I wanna know who's followed the show for all 17 years, let alone 1, and eagerly anticipated each episode.

I can't believe this is still on. A former IGN poster and friend of mine worked on the show as an intern when he was in college. He said Carson was a nice guy, so congrats to a nice guy on a long run.

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I can't believe this is still on. A former IGN poster and friend of mine worked on the show as an intern when he was in college. He said Carson was a nice guy, so congrats to a nice guy on a long run.

He seems like a nice dude who is shocked but ecstatic that he's in the position he's in.

10 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

A poor man’s Ryan Seacrest. Dude knows how to survive completely unnoticed. 

So vanilla and successful that it's actually inspirational!

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I actually went to taping 16 years ago because a friend’s brothers band was playing. It was....not a good show. 

I still don't get what kind of show it's supposed to be. Years ago, I thought it was supposed to be another late night show? But I watched a bit of it a long time ago and was like, "Er.... eh?"

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I still don't get what kind of show it's supposed to be. Years ago, I thought it was supposed to be another late night show? But I watched a bit of it a long time ago and was like, "Er.... eh?"

Yeah they changed the format along the way. Towards the end it was like a half hour show with him doing a 1 on 1 interview and then a band would play, it wasn’t live or for an audience.

Back in the day it was like a regular late night show with an audience.

I honestly thought that maybe MTV gave him a lifetime contract during the height of TRL. After the collapse of TRL, the parent company needed to find him a job so it created a spot for him on NBC and hoped he would quit after being buried in a time slot no one watches. Unbeknownst to the parent company, Carson would ride it out for 17 years turning the parents company disgust into admiration and eventually rewarding him with a spot on the Today show. 

#Carsonfanfiction

On 2/13/2019 at 8:20 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah they changed the format along the way. Towards the end it was like a half hour show with him doing a 1 on 1 interview and then a band would play, it wasn’t live or for an audience.

Back in the day it was like a regular late night show with an audience.

This.  When I went it was supposed to be another late night show.  Only there were no seats for the audience, you just stood there.  And Ice Cube was the guest.  Carson came out before the show to warm us up I guess, and he said that if we didn't laugh at Ice Cubes jokes he might kill us.  He said it in a joking manner but no one laughed and just stood there staring at him.  It was honestly one of the most awkward hours of my life.

• Haha 2