What's your favorite tabletop game that no one else wants to play with you?

Emblazon

We've got Firefly, and the game takes up the entire table, and lasts around 2 hours. I love it, the strategy involved, and the stories that unfold...

... BUT no one I play with has the attention span for an entire game. Which makes me sad, because it's a wonderful game. 

Another one that no one in my house likes to play, is my most favorite tabletop game: FIVE TRIBES. I could play that every night. Not a single aspect of the game is left to chance. It's brilliant. It's a giant middle finger to all dice based games. 

I wish someone would make a mobile or VR version of the game. I've got Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and Small World (iPad, which I can't play because our iPad is too old)... but I'd do just about anything for a digital version of Five Tribes. 

We also have Zombicide, which we've never played. :lol:

This is a tough one.  I have so many games that I don't get to play because our game group goes on runs where we play one game for long stretches. 

Cthulhu Wars is one I wish I could get to the table more often.  Really fun and plays completely different depending on which great old one you choose, so your strategy can completely flip on a game-by-game basis.

Cyclades is another fun one that I wish I could get to play more often. 

19 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Dominion -  I became “that” guy among my friends (who played to much of it and became much better than them). 

I would destroy you at Dominion.

By Destroy you I mean, "probably lose to you, but competently".  But I'd play!  Great game. :D

26 minutes ago, Slug said:

I would destroy you at Dominion.

By Destroy you I mean, "probably lose to you, but competently".  But I'd play!  Great game. :D

Not sure I qualify as “good”. Just better than the group I casually play with. 

I now now have two expansions I’ve never even opened...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2018 at 3:12 PM, Emblazon said:

We've got Firefly, and the game takes up the entire table, and lasts around 2 hours. I love it, the strategy involved, and the stories that unfold...

... BUT no one I play with has the attention span for an entire game. Which makes me sad, because it's a wonderful game. 

I love Firefly, our entire group loves Firefly, just nobody wants to play it due to the those points made. I would play it instantly if somebody said to. 

Fun fact I actually made our game table to fit Firefly nicely on it. Since building it, we have played the game twice in almost 3 years. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, Bataar said:

Eldritch Horror is one I really like, but no one in my group likes cooperative games.

I own a copy and have played it once. The issue isn't that it's cooperative, but that it looks more intimidating to learn than it actually is the first time you play it. 

• 2 weeks later...