John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum official trailer

7 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Heck that one scene with Halle and Keanu (you know the one I mean) seemed like it had more bodies than the entire last movie

Might be easier to count how many balls were eaten.

Just saw it and liked it a lot.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

so what you are saying is that you saw her crying from opening credits to ending credits

and yes indeed those are some crappy parents 

I saw she was asleep later in the movie, but did hear a whimper every now and then during the movie.

20 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Hide contents

fucking OP shotgun. They need to nerf that shit.

I would imagine he's using high powered shells with Tungsten slugs/SSG's. I mean, thats what I imagine an assassin like that would have in his shotgun if it was reality.. 

I'll take that over any AR or handgun for self defence. 

This movie was fucking amazing.

As usual, it was really, aggressively fucking violent, and I worry the impact these films have on the same idiots who misinterpret Fight Club and Rick and Morty - but holy shit I loved the film. Unsure if it's better than 2 yet (certainly better than 1) but this is as good as it usually gets. I'm disappointed it wasn't a trilogy capper but making room for even more John Wick films instead (when we'd been led to believe this was going to be a trilogy), but I still enjoyed this thoroughly. Holy shit the actions scenes are insane.

3 hours ago, Amazatron said:

The first group fight scene with the weapon throwing was just ridiculously awesome.  I don’t think any of the other set pieces reached that level, but still overall very well done.

Agreed that the first group fight may be the highlight (especially the knife throwing part) but the even earlier fight with Boban and the book was pretty incredible, same with the logistics of the motorcycle chase, and the way they filmed the speed and lethality of the dogs in the Morocco shootout was awesome.

And everything with the body armor soldiers was next level. That shotgun or whatever he was using: Jesus. This movie had more varied fights than Chapter 2 in my view. 

Yeah I thought it was a lot better than 2, which was mostly guys running at Wick one and a time and getting shot.

Keanu is definitely the best gun reloader in Hollywood, haha.  The sound is incredible also, really felt the weight of the shots.

6 hours ago, Amazatron said:

Yeah I thought it was a lot better than 2, which was mostly guys running at Wick one and a time and getting shot.

Keanu is definitely the best gun reloader in Hollywood, haha.  The sound is incredible also, really felt the weight of the shots.

well he's one of the few in Hollywood that actually has real skills with firearms, seeing him run a course is impressive

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I liked it better than 2, and while the action in 3 might be the best overall, I think the first remains my favorite.

For me it's 1 > 3 > 2. I like them all, but 2 really has just way too many people almost literally run their heads into John's bullets.

15 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

For me it's 1 > 3 > 2. I like them all, but 2 really has just way too many people almost literally run their heads into John's bullets.

I think for me, the reason that 1 is my favorite is that it has that small hint of emotional stakes. However silly or overblown it might have been, you understand John Wick's drive in that film. Chapter 2 felt less purposeful for that reason. He's reluctantly forced into doing a job, and then has to deal with a doublecross, but it just feels like he's lacking conviction in his task. With Parabellum, it's pure survival, so again, it's easier to feel his motivation.

I was also surprised how much I actually cared about the other characters in 3.

Spoiler

When the fight came to Winston and Lance Reddick the concierge (imdb lists his character name as Charon, but I don't recall hearing that name said), I was actually worried for a character for the first time since the dog in the first film. Even with as little time as he had, the fight coming to Laurence Fishburne's character even felt more impactful than anything in 2.

Of course, when talking about the emotional stakes of John Wick, we're measuring trace amounts in every film. But I still think that's why the first was so successful. Like in the Raid, you just need to feel his motivation just barely enough, and it's sufficient to allow you to enjoy all the insane (and really well filmed) action.