Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

1 minute ago, stepee said:

yeah I knew it’s likely not going to be my thing though I did enjoy Elden Ring to my surprise so you never know and I’ll give it a shot. Mostly I got it to see RE engine current gen. I’ll be fine just getting to where I can climb on monsters and take them down and do that for a few hours. I doubt it becomes a game I beat but I’ll give it a shot!

Well Elden Ring is on a completely other level than DD2. Yea, just exploring the world and killing enemies for a few hours is all you need to do to experience this game. Although I like it’s not nearly as good as I was anticipating. No way this is a GOTY contender. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Well Elden Ring is on a completely other level than DD2. Yea, just exploring the world and killing enemies for a few hours is all you need to do to experience this game. Although I like it’s not nearly as good as I was anticipating. No way this is a GOTY contender. 

well yeah we haven’t seen a GOTY contender yet because Hellblade 2 isn’t out until next month 

• Sicko 1

Just now, best3444 said:

FF7 Rebirth is definitely a GOTY contender!

Fair! I’m only not counting it because I’ll likely play it next year but definitely appears like it could be deserving. 

Still not ready to kill the dragon like Dio. My 3rd attempt (The second time it just flew off) this time I knocked off like 3 health bars, that's when things start to get real, then they just do a buttload of damage. I had to run but this one didn't want to stop chasing, it followed me almost all the way to the checkpoint rest town 😨

I completely dropped this game in favor of Forbidden West. The lack of story and direction has made me stop playing. I put 24 hours in and that's enough for me with a game like this. I'll most likely replay it down the road and beat it. But for now I'm putting it on my shelf to collect dust. 

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Still not ready to kill the dragon like Dio. My 3rd attempt (The second time it just flew off) this time I knocked off like 3 health bars, that's when things start to get real, then they just do a buttload of damage. I had to run but this one didn't want to stop chasing, it followed me almost all the way to the checkpoint rest town 😨

You talking like a drake? I am about level 40 and I struggle to beat them too. 

@Biggie I don't understand your last reaction to my post? Going into this I thought it was going to be an amazing goty type game but it turned out to be an ok RPG with no story or characters. I guess I should have been prepared for that when comparing it to the original but the reviews had me fooled.

Don't get me wrong, I did have fun for a few hours but ultimately it is way to fuckin shallow to hold my attention. For those that are in love with it more power to you. 

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I don't understand your last reaction to my post? Going into this I thought it was going to be an amazing goty type game but it turned out to be an ok RPG with no story or characters. I guess I should have been prepared for that when comparing it to the original but the reviews had me fooled.

Don't get me wrong, I did have fun for a few hours but ultimately it is way to fuckin shallow to hold my attention. For those that are in love with it more power to you. 

I think he's kind of agreeing with you

• True 1

46 minutes ago, best3444 said:

From the start I knew in my gut this wasn’t a game for me. I like to play perfect masterpieces like Starfield. 

29 minutes ago, Biggie said:

From the start I knew in my gut this wasn’t a game for me. I like to play perfect masterpieces like Starfield. 

Yea you were correct all along. I had my fun with it so it's all good. Like I said maybe down the road I'll play it again to completion. 

Starfield is more your speed because there is a story and actual direction. I get some people like not being told what to do all the time in games but for me that just robs me of my valuable time. 

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea you were correct all along. I had my fun with it so it's all good. Like I said maybe down the road I'll play it again to completion. 

Starfield is more your speed because there is a story and actual direction. I get some people like not being told what to do all the time in games but for me that just robs me of my valuable time. 

DD2 doesn’t respect your time. Not knowing what to do and having to look shit up isn’t cute or inventive. I like structure. Tell me what the fuck to do and where to do it. 

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

He was perma banned because he's a sick twisted individual. 

I played a few online games with him. He was pleasant to me. Never said anything bad.  Of course now I know he does have some problems.