Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! - update: Super Earth's managed democracy eradicates the Automaton faction, extra 1 minute break issued to all Helldivers

SaysWho?

11 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I hit lvl 32 last night. Playing on extreme and impossible has been rough with the latest patch. 

I hit 40 last week. Before the patch we were starting to run Helldive and were running Suicide pretty well. Now Suicide is indeed SUICIDE. I'm the only one in the group over 30, @JPDunks4 @ARZ and @Mercury33 are all in their 20's and they're the ones I run with the most.  @Denbowski too.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I hit 40 last week. Before the patch we were starting to run Helldive and were running Suicide pretty well. Now Suicide is indeed SUICIDE. I'm the only one in the group over 30, @JPDunks4 @ARZ and @Mercury33 are all in their 20's and they're the ones I run with the most.  @Denbowski too.

When do you guys usually play? I need to start getting Super Samples. 

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

When do you guys usually play? I need to start getting Super Samples. 

I'm on the west coast so I jump on pretty late for East Coasters. These madmen just stay up late :p If I don't play with these guys, i usually just run with randoms. For the most part randoms know what they're doing on the harder difficulties.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm on the west coast so I jump on pretty late for East Coasters. These madmen just stay up late :p If I don't play with these guys, i usually just run with randoms. For the most part randoms know what they're doing on the harder difficulties.

I'm a night owl so I'm always up late. 

26 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'm a night owl so I'm always up late. 

My tag is the same on PSN as it is here. Just so you know sometimes, i play with a mic and sometimes I don't because I may be playing while talking to somebody in the crib or while on the phone. We've been farming supersamples as well... I'm currently sitting on 11

50 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My tag is the same on PSN as it is here. Just so you know sometimes, i play with a mic and sometimes I don't because I may be playing while talking to somebody in the crib or while on the phone. We've been farming supersamples as well... I'm currently sitting on 11

I play on Steam, but since it asked me to sign into my Playstation account when I got the game it might be linked. 

• 4 weeks later...
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

"With the bots eradicated and the bugs contained, the galaxy is free once more."

The official Helldivers Twitter account has announced that players' latest operation was a success, with the forces of Super Earth wiping out an entire enemy faction. The Automatons were cornered to a few holdout worlds days ago and defeated for good today, which begs the question: where does the game go now, sans an entire enemy type?

"You did it, Helldivers," Arrowhead declared. "Operation Swift Disassembly was a success! With the bots eradicated and bugs contained, the galaxy is free once more."

It's an incredibly bold move for a live game, even the famously elastic and reactive Helldivers 2, whose wartime plot twists and surprise gear upgrades are masterminded by a shadowy GM known only as Joel. Swift Disassembly commenced on Friday, with a three-day time limit for players to complete enough missions on the bot-held planets of Maia, Durgen, and Tibit. With Durgen's fall today, it certainly looks like the bots are kaput.

From the official Xwitter account:

Today, Super Earth citizens celebrated the full eradication of the Automatons.

Additionally to reward their bravery, each Helldiver has been issued an extra 1 minute break. [Note: 1 minute is inclusive of the time taken to read this. Helldivers currently deployed are ineligible]

• Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! - update: Super Earth's managed democracy eradicates the Automaton faction, extra 1 minute break issued to all Helldivers

Apparently, Super Earth's glorious, democratically managed annihilation of the Automatons has the downside of making the Platinum trophy seemingly impossible to achieve (for the time being):

WWW.THEGAMER.COM

The Automatons will no doubt return, but for now, there's no way to get the Platinum.

Several trophies in Helldivers 2 require the Automatons, but they've been reduced to scrap metal as the community wiped them off the face of the Galactic Map.

That means the Platinum is impossible to get for anyone who missed those three trophies while the Automatons were still slaughtering Helldivers. At least, for now.

What Trophies Require Automatons?

• Nothing is bigger than Freedom - defeat a Hulk.
  • Let's call it a draw - shoot off both arms on a Hulk and then extract while it's alive.
  • Bot Scrapper - play one bot mission.

If it's anything like the first game once the bugs are wiped out too the story and galaxy will reset with the alien races back to fight all over again. They may use this opportunity though to introduce the third alien race, the illithids or illuminates as they were called in the first game. The devs have been saying that should be coming at some point.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ehh those trophies are pretty easy to get and the bots will definitely be back. Why this is even a story I have no idea.

Because these are piece of shit sites who know exactly what they’re doing.

• Sicko Sherman 1

13 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Because these are piece of shit sites who know exactly what they’re doing.

I mean, it is technically true and people do care about collecting trophies/achievements.  It is a little odd for a game this popular and new to take essentially half of the content and remove it from the equation for an unknown amount of time.  

I could see removing it from the war effort or whatever but leaving the option to play private matches in some capacity.  It just strange to think that someone buying the game today is getting half the experience everyone else did a week ago.

59 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I mean, it is technically true and people do care about collecting trophies/achievements.  It is a little odd for a game this popular and new to take essentially half of the content and remove it from the equation for an unknown amount of time.  

I could see removing it from the war effort or whatever but leaving the option to play private matches in some capacity.  It just strange to think that someone buying the game today is getting half the experience everyone else did a week ago.

Interesting. I was considering hopping in but this little bit of news just convinced me not to. Fuck that.

21 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Interesting. I was considering hopping in but this little bit of news just convinced me not to. Fuck that.

they will be back. and the bugs are way more fun to fight. and there is plenty to do for the $40 price of the game. 

game is amazing. i just unlocked impossible difficulty. I cant imagine how much crazier it is over suicide. 

Suicide takes this game up 10 notches. Its so frantic and crazy to play, it almost feels like a different game at this level. 

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

3 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Nobody in their right mind thinks they're removing half the game. 

This site knows it for sure, and decided to take an angle that would incite people to be upset who don't realize that it's clearly just a ruse that everyone knows is a ruse. 

15 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Nobody in their right mind thinks they're removing half the game. 

This site knows it for sure, and decided to take an angle that would incite people to be upset who don't realize that it's clearly just a ruse that everyone knows is a ruse. 

You’re reading a tone in the article that absolutely isn’t there.  The entire thing is littered with references to the fact that it’s almost certainly temporary.  It’s more of an interesting curiosity if the way the game runs than anything else.  If they wanted to incite rage, they could have been way more explicit about it.

As for them removing half of the game, they actually did for a short period of time.  Unless there’s some offline/private mode I’m unaware of, if I really liked fighting bots or the missions on bot planets, I literally couldn’t.  It’s an interesting choice to make, and one that I’m guessing they knew would piss people off because they came back very quickly.  

8 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

You’re reading a tone in the article that absolutely isn’t there.  The entire thing is littered with references to the fact that it’s almost certainly temporary.  It’s more of an interesting curiosity if the way the game runs than anything else.  If they wanted to incite rage, they could have been way more explicit about it.

As for them removing half of the game, they actually did for a short period of time.  Unless there’s some offline/private mode I’m unaware of, if I really liked fighting bots or the missions on bot planets, I literally couldn’t.  It’s an interesting choice to make, and one that I’m guessing they knew would piss people off because they came back very quickly.  

That would be fine if they framed the article in a way that represents the content of it. The headline is literally "oop you can't platinum this game now!" They're not trying to incite rage per say, they're just trying to get clicks and they're doing so in a misleading way that I strongly disapprove of. It's like everything nowadays, say something that is technically correct but in a way that will make the most people upset. I can't stand it, it's well documented on these forums lol. 

A more helpful article would be explaining that hey yes this is gone, but that is part of this game's experience - they are working on something and you'll probably know what it is soon. 

Edit: I mean literally look what happened in this thread. Based on the headline and your post about it one of our own users was like fuck this shit then! Lost a purchase. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

That would be fine if they framed the article in a way that represents the content of it. The headline is literally "oop you can't platinum this game now!" They're not trying to incite rage per say, they're just trying to get clicks and they're doing so in a misleading way that I strongly disapprove of. It's like everything nowadays, say something that is technically correct but in a way that will make the most people upset. I can't stand it, it's well documented on these forums lol. 

A more helpful article would be explaining that hey yes this is gone, but that is part of this game's experience - they are working on something and you'll probably know what it is soon. 

Edit: I mean literally look what happened in this thread. Based on the headline and your post about it one of our own users was like fuck this shit then! Lost a purchase. 

A definite clickbait title, how many people read the article? Not many.

It would be like saying, "Helldivers was unplayable for millions of people last night" - Then the article goes on to say that they had server maintenance for an hour and they came back up.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A definite clickbait title, how many people read the article? Not many.

It would be like saying, "Helldivers was unplayable for millions of people last night" - Then the article goes on to say that they had server maintenance for an hour and they came back up.

Exactly. 

I think an evolving dynamic narrative is by far worth the cost of "a few days without an enemy type"

If you're really gaming so much that this blip affects you, you probably already have the trophies.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

39 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Why would it piss anyone off? The first game did the exact same thing over and over. That'd be weird to be upset by a mechanic people have known this game would have since the first has had it for a decade.

1 hour ago, legend said:

I think an evolving dynamic narrative is by far worth the cost of "a few days without an enemy type"

If you're really gaming so much that this blip affects you, you probably already have the trophies.

It wasn't even "a few days"... it was literally a day at the most? ANybody who thought this was going to be an ongoing thing is an idiot. They JUST added new enemy types for the bots last week.

• True 1

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm pretty sure @XxEvil AshxX was joking.