Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

I plan on running my Mazda until it dies/I suddenly come into a ton of money for some reason.  I’m hoping that by that time the Rivian R3 will be out and vaguely affordable as my kids will be old enough that I won’t need a car seat or stroller anymore and I’ll need way less specialty crap when traveling.

rivian-r3x-tri-motor.jpg

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I plan on running my Mazda until it dies/I suddenly come into a ton of money for some reason.  I’m hoping that by that time the Rivian R3 will be out and vaguely affordable as my kids will be old enough that I won’t need a car seat or stroller anymore and I’ll need way less specialty crap when traveling.

rivian-r3x-tri-motor.jpg

I, too, really like the R3.

14 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

rivian-r3x-tri-motor.jpg

Yeah, looks great. We're a one-car household so EVs are a bit trickier (since our city is also cold 7+ months of the year, and very poor highway charging infrastructure). Our PHEV is perfect right now since it's 90% functionally an EV, but I'm hoping that by 2027-2028 (likely when we'll replace the Prius Prime) EVs will have advanced a tiny bit (mostly on price) and my city's infrastructure will be better!

55 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

rivian-r3x-tri-motor.jpg

That one looks incredible 

15 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

You keep making glib comments about political leaders who are basically evil, and then cover yourself later by saying you are just trolling. Trump and Musk are evil, evil men.

How is making an observation in how Musk mumbles in his speaking have anything to do with this? I made a mistake a while ago saying things about Trump but that has been covered here and everyone moved on except you. 

You keep attacking my intelligence every chance you get and it's not ok. Please stop communicating with me and block me so you don't have to read my posts. I'll ask Wade to assist me on this harassment too. 

I see a place near by has a 2023 Genesis GV60 Advanced AWD for $45k. I’m gonna check it out this weekend. The interior is white unfortunately which seems like a bad choice when you have a 4 year old. 

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

I see a place near by has a 2023 Genesis GV60 Advanced AWD for $45k. I’m gonna check it out this weekend. The interior is white unfortunately which seems like a bad choice when you have a 4 year old. 

The GV60 is incredible. Make sure to rub the orb (you'll know when you see it :p )

• Hype 1

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How is making an observation in how Musk mumbles in his speaking have anything to do with this? I made a mistake a while ago saying things about Trump but that has been covered here and everyone moved on except you. 

You keep attacking my intelligence every chance you get and it's not ok. Please stop communicating with me and block me so you don't have to read my posts. I'll ask Wade to assist me on this harassment too. 

Considering your previous remarks and behaviour toward cnut, your comment re: harassment is laughable. However, I have already said I will lay off. That's not to say I won't disagree publicly if you post something pro-Trump, etc.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah, looks great. We're a one-car household so EVs are a bit trickier (since our city is also cold 7+ months of the year, and very poor highway charging infrastructure). Our PHEV is perfect right now since it's 90% functionally an EV, but I'm hoping that by 2027-2028 (likely when we'll replace the Prius Prime) EVs will have advanced a tiny bit (mostly on price) and my city's infrastructure will be better!

Yeah, for the foreseeable future there’s absolutely no way we could be a one car household, my wife and I work an hour apart from each other.  I’d be happy to go EV knowing that we’d still have her gas car to fall back on as I just drive to work and back and that’s it.  Any longer trips I make regularly would still fall well within the range of most EVs with time to spare and there are fast chargers all over the place. 

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Considering your previous remarks and behaviour toward cnut, your comment re: harassment is laughable. However, I have already said I will lay off. That's not to say I won't disagree publicly if you post something pro-Trump, etc.

That was almost a fucking year ago now.  I was having a very difficult time with my mental health. Have I been that way recently since my medication change and getting a new therapist? You're a cold mother fucker sitting on your high horse like you're some political scholar. You read and watch the news like everyone else. Get over yourself dude. 

You're from Canada too which makes you even more laughable in how wrapped up you are on this board and politics. I don't say anything pro Trump or Musk except the one time a long while back. I learned from my mistake and moved on. Everyone else did too. 

This is an extremely difficult board to share opinions on when 100% of the people are woke liberals. Just shut your mouth and block me you fuckin loser.  

51 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yeah, for the foreseeable future there’s absolutely no way we could be a one car household, my wife and I work an hour apart from each other.  I’d be happy to go EV knowing that we’d still have her gas car to fall back on as I just drive to work and back and that’s it.  Any longer trips I make regularly would still fall well within the range of most EVs with time to spare and there are fast chargers all over the place. 

We're super fortunate in that she works from home 100% of the time, and my work is only a 10-15 minute drive. From April-October I am using my PHEV in EV mode probably 95% of the time, but unfortunately winter still sucks (mainly because EV range is reduced by about 50%). I feel like EVs are creeping closer to being suitable for northern climates, the biggest hurdle is the ability to very quickly charge when driving longer distances. There is no room for error when it's -40C and it's 7+ hours between cities on the highway. In a gas car you aren't going to run out of gas, and you can free heat for basically days if you idle it every few hours (if you end up in the ditch, etc). With an EV, running the heater alone can deplete a battery in hours, so much more dangerous if there are long stretches between chargers.

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’d love to drive a EV as long as it was gasoline operated. 

I've seen videos of a guy in Australia with a Tesla who mounted a diesel generator to his trunk. He runs the generator into a level 2/3 charger, which then charges the battery as he drives. This lets him cross the desert he uses. It's...a very dumb decision in his case, as generators are not efficient burners. However, in principal you could do the same!

55 minutes ago, stepee said:

I appreciate this so I’ll go on letting my eye twitch without comment after seeing “woke” used non ironically

You’re so woke I bet ambien doesn’t even make you fall asleep 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Tesla scrapping plans for cheap EV model.

Elon is denying it, but they have multiple emails from people inside Tesla saying to stop production, parts, etc.

Kinda makes sense when you also consider that they have a bunch of inventory sitting around already, I suppose. Maybe they're taking a "let's see how the price drops affect inventory" approach? 

You can see the dip in the stock when the story broke and then the immediate recovery when Elon denied it, even though as you say the story was well-sourced and the denial was just a single tweet. It shows how much of Tesla's stock price is just complete blind faith that Elon is real-life Tony Stark.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Get the latest Tesla Inc (TSLA) real-time quote, historical performance, charts, and other financial information to help you make more informed trading and investment decisions.

Grok was merely pre-reporting what the US fears could happen in the relatively near future.

WWW.CNN.COM

The US is on high alert and actively preparing for a “significant” attack that could come as soon as within the next week by Iran targeting Israeli or American assets in the region in response to...

People make fun of the blue checks because LOL at paying for Twitter.  He lets them hide the blue check.  Then he forces the blue check on people who don't want it but are high profile, stops letting people hide the blue check.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

20240411_151958.jpg

You can never truly hide a blue check, when you see someone with as many followers as I have as the first reply and they’re posting the stupidest fucking shit you’ve ever seen in your life, the blue check is obvious even if it’s not visible.

52 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

People make fun of the blue checks because LOL at paying for Twitter.  He lets them hide the blue check.  Then he forces the blue check on people who don't want it but are high profile, stops letting people hide the blue check.

It’s almost like Elon is a fucking moron who is terrible at everything, if he posted about how salt water was bad for you I’d run to the sea and start chugging.