PowerBall

When my wife told me that someone won the mega millions in NJ, I checked my ticket. 

1st - - who cares no money

2nd - - ok some cash

3rd - - alright fuck you @stepee I’m richest now bud. Move the fuck over. Gonna move to the beach and post pics all day in Dayum thread of my life to make @Biggie depressed af. Gonna….

4th - - motherfucker. Back to work

I’ll be playing…

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Saturday night the jackpot is something like $1.9 Billion.  If you took the one time cash payout you would still receive $929 Million.

Hide contents

I played one ticket

The fact that they get to lie about the value, call it $1.9 billion, when it's really $929 million is insane.  And THEN you get taxed on it AGAIN.  [The lottery association profits are essentially a tax on people who are bad at math.]

44 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol I didn’t realize the one time payout calculation doesn’t include the income tax that is a pretty lame though obv it would be hard to complain at “only” 600mil or so

37% Federal tax plus state tax (say 8% if you're in NJ) -- so 45% tax.  You get 55% of $929 million = $510 million.

Simple EV = $510/292.2 = $1.74 minus $2 for the ticket = minus $0.26 per ticket

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

i got so excited at the idea of one of you becoming rich I bought myself a 14” macbook pro w/ m3 pro chip and the vision pro

Damn. That’s a boss move. I’m going to need impressions of the Vision Pro

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Damn. That’s a boss move. I’m going to need impressions of the Vision Pro

For sure! I’m excited for the macbook pro too, it’s going to replace my surface pro for recording. Right now I do raw tracks in windows on reaper then move to garage band  on my phone so this will save time and should be nicer. Plus that was about 6 years old and takes forever to render. Also this should still be a pretty display since it’s micro led hdr with local dimming.

• Hype 1

It’s freakin ridiculous that for $3500 you don’t get 1tb on the vision though. You only get 256gb for that price. I did 512gb which at least still keeps the price shy of 4k. Also did 512gb on the Macbook instead of 1tb, and that should come with 1tb for the price too. But the laptop it’s replacing is currently 128gb so that is fine but still.

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Why? For $2 you could win almost $2 Billion. Seems like it’s worth a shot. 

The odds of winning is comical. I just never had any interest. I got a scratch off for Christmas and won $100 though. 

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s freakin ridiculous that for $3500 you don’t get 1tb on the vision though. You only get 256gb for that price. I did 512gb which at least still keeps the price shy of 4k. Also did 512gb on the Macbook instead of 1tb, and that should come with 1tb for the price too. But the laptop it’s replacing is currently 128gb so that is fine but still.

Actually I upgraded the macbook pro to the 1tb model because I didn’t realize that it had 33% more gpu cores and an extra cpu core. Not that it matters for what I plan to use it for but it made sense then along with 2x storage for $400 more.