Fallout (Amazon Prime, 11 April 2024) - $25 million California tax credit implies renewal for second season

It appears that it's been renewed for a second season as the state of California has awarded the production company a $25 million relocation credit.

VARIETY.COM

Amazon will move 'Fallout' to California for its second season, thanks to $25 million from the state's tax incentive program.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Fallout (Amazon Prime, 11 April 2024) - $25 million California tax credit implies renewal for second season

Only got to watch the first episode and I really enjoyed it.  They definitely nailed the look and feel of the Fallout world.  

I am glad they are telling their own self contained story instead of trying to tell the story of one of the games.

I did some work for the studio in Brooklyn where they filmed some of the show. I got to see some of the outdoor set they made. It was pretty cool. they had closed off the area by stacking cargo containers in a spiral and about 4-5 high. 

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

As a huge fan of the Fallout games, two episodes in this is pretty great! Not only a good show so far, but a good adaptation. It's nice that it's a canon story within the universe, but not an adaptation of any of the games. It takes place 11 years after Fallout 4 in 2296, 219 years after the bombs fell in 2077. 

Edit: Walton Goggins is so damn good, as usual. The slo-mo V.A.T.S. system shows up too!

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

As someone who's never played the games yet, would I enjoy it? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but even moreso if I did play them. 

You definitely understand and enjoy the fan service and easter eggs and nods to the games, of course, but this is easily a show anyone could enjoy. As a game player you already understand everything that's going on, I imagine as a new viewer everything comes off as more of a mystery but the show plays out as if most won't know the games so it being somewhat "what is this world?" works.

8 hours ago, atom631 said:

I did some work for the studio in Brooklyn where they filmed some of the show. I got to see some of the outdoor set they made. It was pretty cool. they had closed off the area by stacking cargo containers in a spiral and about 4-5 high. 

It was Filly! you can see the containers!! so cool. 

59 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The entire bear scene in the second episode :rofl:

44 minutes ago, johnny said:

don’t play fallout because the controls are fucking terrible but the first 2 episodes are really good. bear scene made me lmao 

The bear scene, especially with the reveal of the actor in the suit, was so good. "Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck".

• Haha 2

Watched the 1st episode last night and really enjoyed. I have never played the series, but have seen my younger brother play it briefly years ago. That opening sequence was great and god bless Goggins. Like the look and the weird humour we are getting and look forward to more of it hopefully tonight.

5 hours ago, Littleronin said:

I'm pretty let down. I'm 2 episodes in (trying to only watch one a night at work) and Lucy hasn't looted everything until she can't move yet. So this isn't anywhere near a legit Fallout experience. 

There was that perfectly good desk fan just sitting there in a deserted hallway.

17 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'm really enjoying it, though it is definitely Bethesda Fallout more than Obsidian Fallout...

This is really the shows biggest problem, theres zero reason this show couldn't have been placed on the east coast in Bethesda's idiotic version of the wasteland instead of destroying everything built up by 1/2/NV.

Seven eps in and I like it more than expected. I thought the trailer looked surprisingly good, the first few episodes were a little dull despite having some moments, but the actual plot of the show is shaping up to be surprisingly solid.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:24 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The entire bear scene in the second episode :rofl:

Really made me think of this.

Finale spoiler:

Spoiler

• Haha 1