NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

I do not understand NFL cap stuff as well as I do NBA or MLB luxury tax issues, but I am very hopeful the Texans can take advantage of having CJ Stroud on a rookie deal combined with this cap expansion to improve the OL and DL. I LOVE what Caserio did last offseason so I have a lot of faith in where he can take this roster. And DeMeco Ryans is the truth, man. I don't think there has been a time where there was more legitimate reason for a fan of the Texans to be excited than now with the window the team has over the next 3 seasons.

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
PAGESIX.COM

Kelce, 36, was the Philadelphia Eagles' sixth-round pick in the 2011 draft, and he spent his entire career with the team.

I'm not a fan of the man and certainly not a fan of the Eagles, but I gotta give it to him; he was good. And he also made the greatest speech in the history of sports:

https://youtu.be/DhIFNxEz1qc?si=_zvMvCzUmrmX1el5

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I think he will be a Steeler.

There are probably around 8 teams that need a QB and only a handful of those teams could take a QB in the draft so there are plenty of places he could go. Raiders?

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There are probably around 8 teams that need a QB and only a handful of those teams could take a QB in the draft so there are plenty of places he could go. Raiders?

You would know Tom Telesco's QB preferences better than I.

• Sicko Sherman 1

On topic though, if Russell Wilson's contract with the Bronco's allows for cash recovery of what he earns elsewhere, then I could see RW signing a 1-year contract at the league minimum with a huge guaranteed roster bonus for 2025 and on.

That may be worth taking a flyer for a bunch of the QB-needy teams.

Particularly if one of those teams sees one of the non-top-tier QBs in the draft as a potential future starter.

17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

On topic though, if Russell Wilson's contract with the Bronco's allows for cash recovery of what he earns elsewhere, then I could see RW signing a 1-year contract at the league minimum with a huge guaranteed roster bonus for 2025 and on.

That may be worth taking a flyer for a bunch of the QB-needy teams.

Particularly if one of those teams sees one of the non-top-tier QBs in the draft as a potential future starter.

Leauge minimum? No way this guy would take that. His ego is to big. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Leauge minimum? No way this guy would take that. His ego is to big. 

He is getting paid $34 million cash by the Broncos, if his contract allows the Broncos to recover his 2024 salary, he would be crazy not to.  Bet big on himself with a huge incentive-laden contract that gives him money in 2025+.

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

He is getting paid $34 million cash by the Broncos, if his contract allows the Broncos to recover his 2024 salary, he would be crazy not to.  Bet big on himself with a huge incentive-laden contract that gives him money in 2025+.

Big EGO

• True 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

For what?

The Broncos entered the week about $16 million over the $255.4 million salary cap. By league rules, they have to be under the cap with their top 51 salary cap charges by the time free agency officially opens next week.

:dumpster_fire:

• Haha 1