Ys9 contest!

stepee

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I never even played the first. But the video and preview from IGN are great news. 

What about Infinite Wealth? I really want that. 

Just now, Bacon said:

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

You need to change your name to Mr. Negative. I think 99% of your posts are either saying something negative about a game or you are a smart ass trying to ruin things for people. I am half joking here.

Just now, best3444 said:

You need to change your name to Mr. Negative. I think 99% of your posts are either saying something negative about a game or you are a smart ass trying to ruin things for people. I am half joking here.

I'm not being negative. But DD2 is exactly more of the same but modern. I don't believe that anyone will like DD2 if they didn't like the first one.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was just watching reviews and getting hyped to play it. I have it still downloading. 

I didn’t realize it reviewed about as well as ys8, people always complain it is mostly stuck in a city - I personally loved that. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Now before I pull the trigger will I need to have played any of the Yakuza games? I haven’t played any of them. 

If not played, at least watch a recap. Yakuza Like a Dragon is on Game Pass. Maybe play a bit to see if it’s your jam. 

• True 1

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Is that like Infinite Wealth

Yes. I think you will like the game since you do enjoy games like Persona but if you wanted to be cautious, you can play LAD on Game Pass. Not the whole game but like an hour or two to see if you vibe with it. 

I love the series. I think the series is at its peak right now. The LAD released last year, on game pass, was my personal GOTY. IW so far is really good and will probably be Top 3 for me. 

• Hype 2

Ys 9 is the only one I don't own yet. Is it any good? I played a tiny, tiny bit of it on Playstation Plus but I am waiting until I get through the others.

Trying to get my way through Ys I & II but this world design is bullshiiiiiiiiiiiit. I fuckin' hate door mazes, and that's like, the entirety of both games.

11 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Ys 9 is the only one I don't own yet. Is it any good? I played a tiny, tiny bit of it on Playstation Plus but I am waiting until I get through the others.

Trying to get my way through Ys I & II but this world design is bullshiiiiiiiiiiiit. I fuckin' hate door mazes, and that's like, the entirety of both games.

I think it is great and equal to Ys8, if you played that. It mostly takes place in a city built around a prison, if you dislike that, that is the main issue people have with it.

I only played the epilouge or whatever it's called. Way to early to tell if I'll like it as much as ys8. You saying it only takes place in a city might be an issue but I saw the city and it was vibrant. I like how basic it is off the start. Fun combat.