Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

21 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So I've played 5-6 more levels (just finished a big set piece).  The difficulty after the tutorial is not bad at all.  I am guessing the difficulty is all about the bosses, and the rest of the missions aren't particularly hard.

Yeah it's basically like an Armored Core game with big boss battles sometimes and lots of mobility.

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So I've played 5-6 more levels (just finished a big set piece).  The difficulty after the tutorial is not bad at all.  I am guessing the difficulty is all about the bosses, and the rest of the missions aren't particularly hard.

It's probably hard to get the highest rank in each mission. But yeah, I think the bosses are where it gets tough.

The camera is starting to really bother me in enclosed spaces. Instead of ignoring walls and debris, it respects each one and it makes the camera super inconsistent. Combined with bosses that like to jump around and shoot missiles and shit off-screen that you have to track but often can't because the camera won't play nice, it's becoming my biggest complaint by far. In wide open spaces things are perfectly fine, but if you get an indoor boss fight in a small arena, it's super annoying.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Like the mechs remind me somewhat of metal gear. And the way the missions are laid out with pictures and voice/text reminds me of the codec. 

I can see why you may say that. The mission structure is nothing like MGS however. The mechs aren’t particularly like Metal Gears. 

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

The camera is starting to really bother me in enclosed spaces. Instead of ignoring walls and debris, it respects each one and it makes the camera super inconsistent. Combined with bosses that like to jump around and shoot missiles and shit off-screen that you have to track but often can't because the camera won't play nice, it's becoming my biggest complaint by far. In wide open spaces things are perfectly fine, but if you get an indoor boss fight in a small arena, it's super annoying.

You’re right, the  camera is not good. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - Beginner's and Build guides posted
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - "Mechless Mutation" trailer featuring Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office)
PGQ859XN9FnSr3YqBBqGHM-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

New missions and characters will keep popping up even on your third run

An essential PSA is spreading through the Armored Core 6 community, and it's even more important than the one about doing your dang training missions. The short version is that you owe it to yourself to play Armored Core 6 New Game+ and even NG++ if you really want to see the whole story. 

Seriously, Armored Core 6 is giving Nier: Automata a run for its money on the narrative value of successive playthroughs, and more and more players are figuring this out. Since the game's launch, folks have taken to the Armored Core subreddit to encourage others to play through again after they roll credits. As Razhork puts it: "There are a lot of new additions, changes, and rewards. This is primarily aimed at Souls fans since I imagine this is common knowledge for older AC fans. NG+ in this game is no joke." 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
PGQ859XN9FnSr3YqBBqGHM-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

New missions and characters will keep popping up even on your third run

This is good to know since I was wondering how thee could be so "short". Once I get there I'll definitely be checking NG+ out.

It's interesting that they call it new game plus in this one.

Every Armored Core game essentially has had a NG+ but it's just after the credits it allows you to replay or play missions you missed, with all your parts you've earned.

At the end of Another Age they actually added new missions to the game, super crazy ass fights AND they lift the weight restrictions for your AC so that you can take them down! :o

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm gonna need a spreadsheet between this and Starfield. @Commissar SFLUFAN in that video you posted with the tips, do you know if that bridge part he's talking about is the Giant Strider Boss? I did that mission and never went that way:lol: In fact I thought climbing up that thing would be a lot harder. 

How much of Starfield have you played?

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I post the videos, but don't actually watch 'em (especially for a game I don't own) :p

:lol: I forgot you weren't playing this.

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How much of Starfield have you played?

About three or four hours last night. I think I hit level 5. Getting some work done before I spend the rest of the afternoon playing these two games mostly.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:lol: I forgot you weren't playing this.

About three or four hours last night. I think I hit level 5. Getting some work done before I spend the rest of the afternoon playing these two games mostly.

I can't focus on two games at once but enjoy AC and Starfield. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

how difficult is this game? @skillzdadirecta

YMMMV It's tough but manageable. Like I've said, if you have patience to experiment and put builds together and master the mechanics, then it's challenging but not frustrating. But to give you an idea of how hard it is, a lot of people have trouble with what is basically the tutorial boss.

6964d0812aac4dae6bae38ade27533c0.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Armored Core VI, from the minds behind Dark Souls, isn't afraid to hit its players with some tough love

The first time an Armored Core VI player attempts to take down BALTEUS—a flying drone sent after Raven by Rubicon’s resident space cops, the PCA—it’s likely to go very poorly, very quickly, possibly ending in exactly the same amount of time that it takes the robot’s initial salvo of missiles to reach their AC and tear it apart. “Ah-ha!” the player thinks, “Maybe if I approach from the air.” “Oh no,” the player thinks several seconds, and one reload, later, as they desperately pop repair kits to try to stay alive, “These things track like a mother.”

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

YMMMV It's tough but manageable. Like I've said, if you have patience to experiment and put builds together and master the mechanics, then it's challenging but not frustrating. But to give you an idea of how hard it is, a lot of people have trouble with what is basically the tutorial boss.

6964d0812aac4dae6bae38ade27533c0.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Armored Core VI, from the minds behind Dark Souls, isn't afraid to hit its players with some tough love

What would you say is harder, this or Remnant 2?

CaDCt2nz65MdwwmiJ2coVN-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

FromSoftware has confirmed it's looking into a fix for a save game bug.

FromSoftware is investigating an issue that may affect saves in Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon's PC version. FromSoftware is for now recommending that you be sure to shut down your game before you put your PC to sleep. I'll guess that also means you should just shut down the game when you're not playing it, period.

The announcement was made in post to FromSoftware's Japanese support X, formerly known as Twitter, account, and later reported by Eurogamer.

The explanation said that FromSoftware was aware of "a problem that save data is not saved properly under certain circumstances," per a Google Translate of the post. 

"We are currently investigating the cause, but please end the game before putting your PC to sleep. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to our customers," the message continues. There's no timeline on a fix for the bug—or further information about how prevalent it is. So probably just avoid sleeping your game. Really relevant if you're playing on a Steam deck, I imagine.