Tom Sizemore is on his way out.

Derek

7 minutes ago, Derek said:
fafaa5b0-b258-11ed-96f3-3693aabaf8ef
WWW.YAHOO.COM

The 61-year-old actor was hospitalized Feb. 18 after suffering a brain aneurysm.

I was a huge fan of his... before it came out that he beat women. That was very disappointing. 

Didn't remember that but I won't judge him to harshly because I have a hypothesis that humans are kind by nature because being a greedy evil self-centered doesn't sound like a winning strategy when we and our ancestor species were hunter gatherers. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm sure I've seen his other work but I can only picture him in Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down barking orders and yelling haha.  Sad way to go.

He was great in both of those. He was also in a movie where he played some creep paparazzo that I remember liking but also can't remember the title of.

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm sure I've seen his other work but I can only picture him in Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down barking orders and yelling haha.  Sad way to go.

To help name a few other big ones: Heat, Strange Days, Natural Born Killers, and Twin Peaks: The Return. He also had smaller roles in Passenger 57, True Romance, Wyatt Earp, Devil in a Blue Dress, The Relic, and Bringing Out the Dead. He was also in big flops like Red Planet and Dreamcatcher. Barring Twin Peaks season 3, Tom Sizemore hasn't been in a "real" movie (all just direct to DVD, etc. crap instead) since 2004 though, more or less. His struggles with alcoholism and drug addiction as well as his criminal charges I imagine have derailed things since then. I was surprised to find out he's actually only 61 years old given how long he's been working in the business.

3 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

He was great in both of those. He was also in a movie where he played some creep paparazzo that I remember liking but also can't remember the title of.

I think you're thinking of the movie "Paparazzi" starring Cole Hauser from 2004.

• Halal 1

Tom's career from the late 80's, through all of the 90's & into the early 00's was sensational. May never have been THE lead, but he made literally every other character he interacted with, far better for it. He's really the linchpin behind the entire story of 'Strange Days' when you really stop & think about it. His slimey sleezeball character in 'Natural Born Killers' arguably MADE the movie, alongside introducing us to Tommy Lee Jones' warden in that film.

I know all too well his struggles with addiction & by extension, entirely the wrong types of women. Those relationships turn very toxic, very quickly, and become volatile at best. While he hasn't done much "mainstream" stuff in the ensuing 20ish years, he's always held a special place in my film loving heart & always enjoyed him in literally anything I watched wherein he appeared. It sucks that its via a blood clot, however hopefully he will finally be at peace. Tragic & sad, yet this is a time to celebrate him, regardless of faults.

• Halal 1

I mean I know it's another in the March of creeping death imminently approaching so many we love in the coming years, but in a certain way I held Tom to a different caliber and level.

All the smack that can be spoken about 'Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man' that has been spoken. Nobody has eve4 said a bad word about Tom's role as Chance Wilder, in this reality of the world, isn't portrayed awesomely! It's this portrayal that aided in him achieving so many other iconic roles, including his uncredited cameo in 'Point Break' (Fast & Furious franchise can thank its existence on this film), as well as his role as Max in 'Strange Days' that, without his own greedy actions taking advantage of a messy situation, the entire film wouldn't take place (including quite possibly THE most disturbing rape scene on film), his work has always elevated everything he's ever been involved with.

I watched him in that Dr. Drew show because I was always invested in his life story. I hate his demons as much as either he hated his own, nor I hate my own. I love, admire, and adore him for those shared struggles and harsh times. If he's at peace, then I am happy for him. He'll always be cherished in my head and heart.