Dead Space Remake (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - Information Thread, update: EA sending surveys to gauge interest in remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3

Brian

Did my first run using only the plasma cutter for the achievement but that probably cut down some of my fun because while it’s good in most situations when the game gets lazy at the end and just swarms you with tons of enemies I ran into some problems. Will try some more ng+ this weekend.

• Like 1

I made it very clear that I'd be interested in more remakes and a new Dead Space, but was quite vocal about them now even acknowledging the traversal stutter. (It's on consoles but is worse on PC since they didn't use DirectInput.)

Imagining 2 more remakes with this same stutter problem would be a huge bummer. It needs to be hammered out.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:45 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

EA is sending surveys to gauge interest in remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3.

FpxUjdeaUAA63QS?format=jpg&name=medium

FpxUjcjacAAq_rX?format=jpg&name=medium

3? Tell em to kill it. Whatever time they waste on that game could be better spent on a new Dead Space

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Getting further now, on chapter 7. This game is a stone cold classic yeah. It’s a real oled show off too. Like seriously Best Buy should make a highlight reel of direct feed footage and show that in their stores. 

It's probably one of the top 5 survival horror games ever made. I had a complete blast throughout the entire game. It's so well done and moves at a great pace. Glad you're enjoying it as much as I did.  

5 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

You've never played any version of RE4?

I played some on Wii, pc, emulated GC, and Quest 2, but the timing never felt right having missed out on the original release. I’ve played the opening Village area a few times but never past it. I was going to finally really dive in with the VR version which was awesome but then this RE4R got announced and a fully updated version sounded more appealing for my first go.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:31 PM, Hand76 said:

3? Tell em to kill it. Whatever time they waste on that game could be better spent on a new Dead Space

I think exploring Isaac's dementia and PTSD could be totally worth it, if they did it right. The problem with DS3 was that they watered it down to a mindless action game so they could hamfist a co-op mode into it. Then EA's "put MTX in everything" mentality was the icing on the shitcake. 

As it stands, it wasn't even that bad of a game, it just sucked as a survival horror game and even more as a Dead Space game.

In fact, they could re-work it and do it right and it would essentially be a Dead Space 4, since it would likely turn out to be a completely different game.

• Halal 1