Zero-calorie sweetener linked to heart attack and stroke, study finds

Zaku3

230225195004-erythritol-stock.jpg?c=16x9
WWW.CNN.COM

A sugar replacement used in many stevia, monk-fruit, keto and other reduced-sugar products marketed for weight loss and diabetes has been linked to stroke, heart attack...

Felt this news should be posted for any diabetic or prediabetic board members. With this I recommend to do sugary beverage sips. I have a coke last a day by leaving it open in the fridge and taking sips when I want a cold beverage that isn't water. Also I think we can drink like grape juice. Need to conform store bought or if I should just step on grapes.

Also if you are out and about and want something tastier then water for like a meal or snack. Vitamin water is like 18g of added sugar in a 20oz bottle and Coke with coffee is 18g in a 12ounce can. Based on math if you want to try it at home. (I use a nespresso at home) that should be around 8fl oz of Coke in a cup of coffee. Ratio was done for espresso serving sizes it will be different for normal coffee. 

Correct me if I'm wrong ELI5 and post diabetic tips cuz someone on this board full of Americans is like me and my mom drank soda like it water so I did too. Yes 36 and type 2 diabetes. I know I fucked up the negative 10 year penalty to life span sucks but it should be manageable with a decent diet and excersise. Look at food logically. You are fueling up an inefficient organic machine and avoid things with alot or borderline any added sugar. You will need carbs and fats but you don't need the 39 grams of added sugar in a 12 ounce coke i try to find 25g or less of added sugar beverages in a 20 oz beverage. Fruit juices arent bad due to the sugar but you need the fiber to make digestion slow enough to not spike blood sugar levels.

24 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I'll do real sugar in moderation before I'll do any artificial sweetener other than sucralose. 

But man please drop the hfcs. It's easy these days. 

Conformation needed. My understanding is it's bad because our bodies don't recognize it as sugar so overindulgening is more like?

I do wish we used cane sugar and diet stuff was just less sugar as opposed to a sugar subsittue. Coke being less sweet might be better then coke without sugar but a sus after taste.

41 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I lol'd at it being the one that all the "health gurus" online try to claim is the healthiest despite it being the least studied. 

I love the beverage council's views. I have no reason to believe people representing people that need me to buy products that use this for cash money our healths be damned. Would need see the report to make sure there isn't a mistake that might screw the results. But I just love the we need a counter point to this arguement and the best they got is the participants are already at high risk. Could be true but I'd hope a scientist would have a valid reason for that.

38 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

All the old myths about aspartame persisting is weird, so we keep looking for alternatives when its fine.

I can’t drink diet drinks because the aspartame just wrecks my stomach for days. It doesn’t take much more than a few sips before I’m hurting. Straight up Pepsi for me 

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Conformation needed. My understanding is it's bad because our bodies don't recognize it as sugar so overindulgening is more like?

I do wish we used cane sugar and diet stuff was just less sugar as opposed to a sugar subsittue. Coke being less sweet might be better then coke without sugar but a sus after taste.

From a health and nutiritional standpoint, there is no meaningful difference between sucrose and HFCS.  It's past time that that myth died.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

5 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

From a health and nutiritional standpoint, there is no meaningful difference between sucrose and HFCS.  It's past time that that myth died.

This is so true. HFCS = Brown sugar = Honey in terms of negative health effects but people keep believing the myth that there is a healthy sugar.