Metroid Prime Remastered - Out Now! (Physical Version coming Feb 22), first OpenCritic reviews posted

Keyser_Soze

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

12 hours in. Spectacular game and @Biggie the fusion controller is easily worth $100. Hands down the best and most comfortable controller I've ever used. 

I really wanna try this but the backtracking and the constant getting stuck has me very concerned

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

12 hours in. Spectacular game and @Biggie the fusion controller is easily worth $100. Hands down the best and most comfortable controller I've ever used. 

not sure I've seen the fusion controller, have a link? 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I really wanna try this but the backtracking and the constant getting stuck has me very concerned

I definitely say try it but I can also see it pissing you off 

• Sad 1

Today is the UK release and I’ve managed to purchase a physical copy for delivery. So, at some point in the future, I’ll be playing this too. 

I just hope that they make some announcement about the sequel being remastered because I’d feel bad about spending £25 on a GameCube game.

Man this game looks so good. Hope Prime 4 looks even better since it'd be running on a newer engine. It's so fun revisiting this game again after so many years. Just got to Magmoor Caverns. This game could've been released this year as the original and it still would be getting high praise, that's how well Prime has aged. 

Still getting used to the controls. I wanted to use motion since I loved the pointer controls in Corruption, but here they feel a little off, and I think it's that the dead zone is too big. I wish there was an option to adjust it, or at least have options like there was in Corruption. Shouldn't be too hard to patch something like that in. As is I'm using dual analog controls with gyro aiming turned on for slight adjustments. 

• Halal 1

12 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Just started this. I’m excited! And it’s great to be back in a big gaming mood. 

How are you finding it? I’ve just got the gravity suit and so far, I’d describe this as a borderline perfect game. My only gripe, which relates more to modern gaming, is the bosses (so far) could have been more engaging, but as far as 2002 goes, it’s stellar and so well paced.

45 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

How are you finding it? I’ve just got the gravity suit and so far, I’d describe this as a borderline perfect game. My only gripe, which relates more to modern gaming, is the bosses (so far) could have been more engaging, but as far as 2002 goes, it’s stellar and so well paced.

I'm early, but I really like it! I'll be playing more tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

I started this last night and it is extremely, extremely good. It feels exactly like a 3D Metroid should feel like. I came into Metroid late - I played through about half of Super a year or two ago, and got through like 80% of Dread and loved it - so this is the first time I've played Prime. I almost feel guilty in a way, because I can see how the old control scheme would have sucked ass, and yet I get to experience it for the first time in its idealized state.

• Halal 1

• 2 months later...