Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

Did you buy The Witch Queen? That's the only campaign that gives you a legendary difficulty. 

I haven't bought anything, but I am under the impression that the stuff I was doing was Witch Queen content, since she sure seems to come up a lot.

I also had the game crash while loading out of a campaign level and I no longer have another major quest to follow. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intended :/

2 hours ago, Moa said:

I haven't bought anything, but I am under the impression that the stuff I was doing was Witch Queen content, since she sure seems to come up a lot.

I also had the game crash while loading out of a campaign level and I no longer have another major quest to follow. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intended :/

Oh I forgot the first two missions of The Witch Queen are free for everyone to give you a taste. 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, Moa said:

What the fuck is this game?

I got through the kind of tutorial, talked to all the people at the NPC hub, went to some planet, got confused about where I was supposed to go for my quest, and logged off. When I logged back on the game asked me whether I'd like to play the story mission on normal or legendary. I played through what felt like a whole mission, got some loot, and immediately led into what I think was another mission. I logged off, logged back on later on another planet, was told to do another quest, and here I am. Whenever I log on I'm somewhere I've never been being told to do something I have no context for.

Also, the map is the most inscrutable thing I've ever seen.

What am I actually supposed to be doing?

yeah this game is horribly set up for new comers. So depending on what content you own your progression “should” look kind of like 

Cosmodrome (where you started the game) > ShadowKeep campaign on the Moon > Beyond Light Campaign on Europa > Witch Queen Campaign on Mars. > season 16 and season 17 stories from the HELM. 

the game doesn’t really do a good job guiding you from one to the next. You can play them all out of order if you want or unintentionally. Not realizing the stories were meant to be more linear and chronological. 

If the game ever loads you into a mission automatically you can always leave. You can go to orbing by pulling out your ghost. On controller at least the same button if held down will bring up a menu where you can look at destinations and just go someplace else. 

the game may have taken you to the Leviathan, which is by the moon and is part of the season 17 story. 

On 7/9/2022 at 9:20 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Until you just end up grinding the same events over and over for that one god drop of a weapon that will be bad in a couple of months. :p

any looter worth its salt should have you swapping out for better gear every so often. Otherwise the game gets even more stale and the activities in it even more pointless. 

though in Destiny no weapon is really “bad” after a couple months. Not unless it was already bad. But a God Roll is still very good even years later. 

you are right about the grind. Bungie seemingly wants you to keep playing these 10 minute activities on repeat until you hate them and never want to do them again. 

This season feels worse. Yes the Leviathan is neat, and there are 3 rooms to kill stuff in. But the main activity you have to do hundreds of times this season is only in the one room. Where in previous seasons you’d travel to 3-4  locations. And at some point you’d just do them in a playlist and which location you’d do would be randomized. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23318388/destiny-2-expansions-not-being-removed-yay

However, during today’s Destiny Showcase highlighting next year’s excellent-looking Lightfall expansion, Bungie revealed that it will no longer “sunset” old content. It’s unclear if or when some of the old content will return (Bungie didn’t comment on this). But nothing new will be going away from this point forward.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very glad King's Fall is back as it's one of my favourites, and one of the best raids in Destiny history, but I did not have a good experience trying to complete it over the weekend. Looking forward to getting a more competent group together to play it again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm very glad King's Fall is back as it's one of my favourites, and one of the best raids in Destiny history, but I did not have a good experience trying to complete it over the weekend. Looking forward to getting a more competent group together to play it again. 

Watched Kackis' walkthrough of the raid & they have a few new twists in the mechanics for the different stages which is cool. Really refreshing to see arguably one of THE best arsenal's for raid gear coming back even better than their respective originals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Any clans here other than the toxic one Mo and Anzo are in? I've been searching for a new one. 

It's toxic? I'm still in it, but a lot stopped playing. I've got a couple guys who I can play regularly with, and Nokt also has his group of IRL friends I can jump on with from time to time if they need an extra. 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

It's toxic? I'm still in it, but a lot stopped playing. I've got a couple guys who I can play regularly with, and Nokt also has his group of IRL friends I can jump on with from time to time if they need an extra. 

Don't get me wrong, there were some cool people in there such as yourself and Strife but the core were gatekeeping dicks. Especially the dude with the speech impediment  and Mo. Total fucking tools.

I remember that Mo weirdo fucking slamming his controller after a team wipe on a raid.  :duckhuntdog:Total fucking loser. Like dude, get a life it's a video game, not life or death and we only had 5. Criiiiiinge.

Blad was cool though. I'd fucks with Blad or Nick

4 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Don't get me wrong, there were some cool people in there such as yourself and Strife but the core were gatekeeping dicks. Especially the dude with the speech impediment  and Mo. Total fucking tools.

I remember that Mo weirdo fucking slamming his controller after a team wipe on a raid.  :duckhuntdog:Total fucking loser. Like dude, get a life it's a video game, not life or death and we only had 5. Criiiiiinge.

Blad was cool though. I'd fucks with Blad or Nick

Gatekeeping? Damn that's a shame, I don't recall any examples of that myself. That sounds like Mo, as he would definitely get mad during raids, but he doesn't like me anyway so whatever. 

If you ever want to team up though me, Strife, and my friend ShadowLink from Negative World try and play whenever we can. 

• Hugs 1

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Anyone here still play? I recently got back into it, so the more the merrier typically with so few end game stuff having matchmaking.

Yup I play regularly (maybe a little too much). We have a clan if you want to join, and group up. 

• 5 months later...

I hear you on the price @Remarkableriotsit's steep to be sure BUT $100 for a year isn't THAT bad considering that most games now are $70 off the top, so for an additional $30, I'm guaranteed a years' worth of DLC. Add to that the investment of time since 2013 and that this very well could be the penultimate story drop before "The Final Shape" sometime in 2024. 

One thing that I am not seeing by literally anybody on Youtube is the fact that these Neptune based Cloudstriders ... their aesthetic and vibe comes off a lot like the next project that Bungie is working on post Destiny, but then again maybe that's just what I want it to be perhaps?

332551086_878402906753197_42922500316918
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

27K Likes, 393 Comments - Destiny 2 (@destinythegame) on Instagram: "The Witch Queen expansion, its unforgettable campaign, and all 14 powerful Exotics are now available for free until February 26...

The Witch Queen expansion is free until Monday, and I highly recommend it as the campaign was the best they've ever done. Honestly better than The Taken King and Forsaken, and those were already really good.