~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

The wife’s niece left town today, and had her husband come drop this off. LOL.

37-A4320-E-C4-AA-4-A4-E-A107-19-F765-E0-AD7-D

She got really upset when my wife, sister in law, and myself had a chat with her Thursday to deal with her behavior (including starting a physical altercation with her husband). At one point towards the end she was ranting about how she is a truth teller and that makes people uncomfortable. I had been quiet for most of the two hours we were there, but I just said “Megan, you aren’t a truth teller, you’re just an asshole”.

She is just the type that steamrolls people in her life and looks for relationships (romantic and otherwise) with people who will bend to her will, or put up with years of gaslighting. A bully. She couldn’t handle getting figuratively punched in the the face like that.

I also learned yesterday that in the suicide note her previous husband left, it was essentially 1000 words on how she bullied him so much he would rather be dead.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I also learned yesterday that in the suicide note her previous husband left, it was essentially 1000 words on how she bullied him so much he would rather be dead.

I guess it might be insensitive to ask but do you have any idea why he didn't leave her rather than kill himself? I understand it when kids kill themselves for, say, getting bullied in school because they are a) immature and unable to put things into perspective and also b) forced by law to be there. Or when women with abusive husbands do since leaving is often a death sentence as well and they're often financially dependent (especially if they had kids with that person and stayed at home to raise them). But if you're an adult male in the USA and the bully is your wife you can just, like, get a divorce. Were there some additional reasons or am I missing something obvious?

1 hour ago, Demut said:

I guess it might be insensitive to ask but do you have any idea why he didn't leave her rather than kill himself? I understand it when kids kill themselves for, say, getting bullied in school because they are a) immature and unable to put things into perspective and also b) forced by law to be there. Or when women with abusive husbands do since leaving is often a death sentence as well and they're often financially dependent (especially if they had kids with that person and stayed at home to raise them). But if you're an adult male in the USA and the bully is your wife you can just, like, get a divorce. Were there some additional reasons or am I missing something obvious?

I mean, generally speaking if you are choosing to end your life you probably are not at your most level headed (though there are obvious examples of wholly rational suicide, like terminally ill people). 

If I had to hazard a guess at where he was at, our niece has such a controlling spirit about her that she regularly has made efforts to cut off her partners from their social support structures, including family. She tries to make them reliant on her and her alone.

So sure, he could leave, but leave to where and to whom? That’s terribly isolating stuff.

Ah, I see, that'd certainly aggravate the situation. Not only would he have to cut off contact with her but many (all?) of the people he knew and loved. Or at least that's how it looked like to him. Grim stuff. Was this a recent thing with her husband or did people other than yourself know of this for a while? If so, it's kinda baffling that they'd still take her side.

Friend of mine came into work this morning and found out they, along with all of their coworkers, are now out of a job effective immediately. No notice (warn act or otherwise) and as of now no mention of severance. Their brewery is wholly owned by a major beer conglomerate. So that’s fun!

Don’t be loyal to a company, just as a reminder. 

Right after I posted I found out They will be getting 6 months to apply internally along with some severance. No idea how much though. 

• Sad 3

Kinda crazy that this is still a thing in the 21st century. You'd think all the U.S. workers who were killed in strikes and such by private armies and the like during the previous century would've achieved a bit more with their deaths like they did elsewhere. Here's to that plan of a general strike in a month or whatever it was actually gathering enough support.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Friend of mine came into work this morning and found out they, along with all of their coworkers, are now out of a job effective immediately. No notice (warn act or otherwise) and as of now no mention of severance. Their brewery is wholly owned by a major beer conglomerate. So that’s fun!

Don’t be loyal to a company, just as a reminder. 

Right after I posted I found out They will be getting 6 months to apply internally along with some severance. No idea how much though. 

Platform? Not surprised, the beer was bad and they expanded way too quickly. At least they got their AB InBev payday. 

Just now, Chris- said:

Platform? Not surprised, the beer was bad and they expanded way too quickly. At least they got their AB InBev payday. 

Yep! “They” being the owners, my friend didn’t get much as an employee from what I recall. 

Some of The beer was ok but it had a lot of bad stuff. I never had to pay for any so I had no problem putting some down the drain. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yep! “They” being the owners, my friend didn’t get much as an employee from what I recall. 

Some of The beer was ok but it had a lot of bad stuff. I never had to pay for any so I had no problem putting some down the drain. 

They had a good holiday IPA but all of the dessert stuff they brewed was complete ass. 

30 minutes ago, Chris- said:

They had a good holiday IPA but all of the dessert stuff they brewed was complete ass. 

I cleared out my beer stash a few weeks ago (I hardly drink anymore), I went back and checked now, and the only ones I kept from Platform were a few of their holiday beers. The rest was ass and got dumped. 

On 2/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, Demut said:

Another thing to consider is that in some cases, divorce is far worse than suicide because a shrewd wife playing the right cards can seriously destroy a husband for decades after a divorce as the legal system still rewards a wife over a husband after the divorce. And while a few instances have tried to reverse this, it's still very lopsided against men, even the ones smart enough to marry with a prenup.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brucoe said:

Another thing to consider is that in some cases, divorce is far worse than suicide because a shrewd wife playing the right cards can seriously destroy a husband for decades after a divorce as the legal system still rewards a wife over a husband after the divorce. And while a few instances have tried to reverse this, it's still very lopsided against men, even the ones smart enough to marry with a prenup.

1993 wants its bad law firm scare ads back :p 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Called willpower, my man.

Considering my past enm life, that’s not exactly easy 😂

Im getting way too much attention here, I’m recruiting my friend to be my pretend gf the rest of the trip. Having to ignore multiple girls at the bars/playing dumb.

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Considering my past enm life, that’s not exactly easy 😂

Im getting way too much attention here, I’m recruiting my friend to be my pretend gf the rest of the trip. Having to ignore multiple girls at the bars/playing dumb.

I’ve seen you use that acronym a few times recently and I’ve landed on “exceptionally non-monogamous”

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve seen you use that acronym a few times recently and I’ve landed on “exceptionally non-monogamous”

Close.

ethically-non-monogamous, aka partners know you have random hookups.

Now just old fashioned closed poly.

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Close.

ethically-non-monogamous, aka partners know you have random hookups.

Now just old fashioned closed poly.

Obviously feel no pressure to answer, but was this change something you wanted to do, or was it more because of the fiancé?