[Xbox 360] Madden 12 Online Franchise

39,025 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Madden12Header.jpg

Welcome!

The lockout is over, training camps are underway and Madden hits store shelves on August 30th. With the release of the game also comes the only mode that matters, ONLINE DYNASTY! A hefty amount of people will be returning for the 3rd year, quite a few coming back for a 2nd year and a sprinkle of new faces round out the bunch in what should be another solid year of competition. So strap on your virtual chinstrap and get ready for the Wildcat 3.0, now with Reggie Bush!

Rules

• This a sim-style league. If you read that and are already confused, this league is not for you.
  • 4th Downs -- If a real coach would punt/kick a fg in the situation, you need to. Unless down big in the 4th quarter, you should never go for it on 4th from your side of the 50. 4th and 1 or 4th and inches when just out of FG range, not a problem. 4th and 5 in that situation, punt the ball.
  • Mix up your offense -- you dont need to run 50 different plays, but you need to run more than the same 5 or 6 all game
  • Glitching / Nano-Blitzing / etc -- If you are found to be using an exploit, you will be booted from the league
  • Communicate in this thread, via PM or on XBL to work with any user opponents to schedule your game
  • DO NOT use personal attacks in this thread. Win with grace, lose with grace. Friendly trash talk is fine....using derogatory terms or saying someone SUCKS is not cool. Quickest way to get booted is to be a dick to other users.
  • You need to be active with playing games -- the plan is to roll 1 week every 3-4 days (if not quicker)
  • Dont play like a dick -- if you are up huge late, kill the clock and end the game. DO NOT throw bombs or try to run-no huddle when up 3+ scores and the clock running out. Have some class.
  • 2-Point Conversions should only be attempted if they make sense with how the scoring has played out. For example it's in the 4th Quarter and going for 2 will cut the score to 3 points, whereas kicking the extra point would make it a 4 point game. Realistically, you should never be going for 2 in the 1st half.
  • Be Active, Be Active, Be Active! The more active you are and the more you participate in the thread, the better the league will be for it.
  • For as long as we are mostly full of players, if you have a vs CPU opponent, DO NOT run up the score or stats. With the use of MyLeagueManager for players of the week and annual awards, it breaks that fun and immersion when everyone is relatively close and then you throw for 700 yards vs the CPU
  • Have Fun!

Trades / Free Agency / Salary Cap?

• Free Agency will be locked until an announcement is made that is open. Once open, you can make a MAXIMUM of 2 Free Agent moves per in game week
  • For Week 1, we will do a Supplemental Style Free Agency draft, most likely using ESPN's Power Rankings. Team with the lowest ranking gets to be the first to make a Free Agency pick and we'll work our way backwards
  • Trading can only be done with human opponents. Note: Depending on myleaguemanager.net integration, we may ultimately enable CPU trades
  • You can trade draft picks, but they need to be posted in the thread for tracking in the draft
  • The game offers a Trade Proposal system, but a majority of trades get handled via Add/Drop with both users online together to speed the process
  • Out of the gate, we WILL NOT be using the Salary Cap. A few of us will test the integration with myleaguemanager.net to see if it could work efficiently or not. If so, we will vote on feedback to enable it prior to Season 2 starting or it's possible a secondary Salary Cap league will be created.

Other

• The Demo is out now!
  • If you hate Madden and EA Sports, that's great, but please keep it out of this thread
  • Difficulty will be set to All-Pro / Quarter Length Most Likely to 8 Minutes With Accelerated Clock On
  • Injuries will be Enabled as long as the league is mostly full of users

The Teams/The Players

AFC East

buf.png

User: Iceman

Strengths: GM Skills / Forcing JP to retire as commish / Coming off a National Title Win in NCAA 12 with Oregon

Weaknesses: Buffalo Bills Roster / GM Skills Typically Take 3 seasons to build a contender

ne.png

User: Checo

Strengths: Balanced Offense / Tom Brady is 99 OVR

Weaknesses: Will Get Pissed A Few Times and Quit and Then Return / JP

mia.png

User: jergrah

Strengths: Making Trades / Being Mediocre / Running the Rock

Weaknesses: Being Mediocre / Cant Throw Throw Down Field To Save His Life

nyj.png

User: Steak

Strengths: Revis is 99 OVR / Had Explosive Passing Game in Arizona in Madden 11

Weaknesses: Shares Foot Fetish With Rex Ryan / Mark Sanchez Sucks / Is A Jets Fan

AFC West

kc.png

User: Swiftbeats

Strengths: Dominant Passing Game / User Controls Safeties Great / Won the Final Super Bowl in 11

Weaknesses: Fins Fucking Up His Perfect Season in Madden 11 / Scotts Had His Number For Awhile

den.png

User: RC

Strengths: Quick Passing Attack / Run Defense

Weaknesses: Tim Tebow / Swiftbeats

oak.png

User: CR

Strengths: Speed / Slots to the Flats / MaddenBible.com

Weaknesses: RC / Fast WRs Cant Catch / Campbell is the QB / Al Davis

sd.png

User: ARZ

Strengths: Running Game (Off Tackle) / Rivers-to-Gates

Weaknesses: Overvaluing Mediocre Players in Trade Talks

Posted · Report post

AFC North

pit.png

User: Scotts

Strengths: Balanced Offense / Multiple Super Bowl Appearances and Late Playoff Pushes

Weaknesses: Interceptions at Bad Times / TXCane

cle.png

User:

Strengths:

Weaknesses: Located in Cleveland, OH

cin.png

User: SixByFive

Strengths: Defense / Always Competitive

Weaknesses: Bengals Roster

bal.png

User: Brad aka RBK

Strengths: Kelly Clarkson

Weaknesses: Marc Bulger / Posting Drunk

AFC South

hou.png

User: Rambo

Strengths: Bowie Knives / Won BCS Title In NCAA 12 League / Balanced Offense

Weaknesses: Unknown As Of Yet

ind.png

User: SnakeDoc

Strengths: Unknown - New User

Weaknesses: If Snake Means Penis, That Would Mean He Is a Dick Doctor

jac.png

User:

Strengths: Mercedes Lewis is Named After a Car

Weaknesses: The Jags Suck

ten.png

User: Cane's Brother??

Strengths: Unknown

Weaknesses: Apparently Has a Horrible Gamertag / Apparently is in Middle School

Posted · Report post

NFC South

atl.png

User: Scoobah

Strengths: Defense / Defense / Defense / Super Bowl Champion

Weaknesses: Inability to Give Credit When He Loses / Blames All Mistakes on the Computer

car.png

User: Cane

Strengths: Great Defense / Powerful Offense / Multiple AFC East Championship Game and Super Bowl Appearances

Weaknesses: Playing the Colts When They Are a CPU Team / Facing 3-2-6 Defenses / Inability to Win a Super Bowl

tb.png

User: Grodd

Strengths: Running Game / Josh Freeman / High Completion Percentage

Weaknesses: Giving Up Too Much For Jake Long / Makes Some Crazy Trades

no.png

User: Ferny

Strengths: Passing Game / Using the Saints Overrated Team

Weaknesses: Running Game / Scoobah

NFC West

stl.png

User: Tomcat

Strengths: Swim Chop Move / Making Up Nicknames / Sam Bradford

Weaknesses: Overvaluing Joe McKnight / 3..errrr...5 Year Plans / GreenMachine

ari.png

User: JP

Strengths: Left Handed QBs / Multiple Super Bowl Wins / Passing Game / Dunkin Donuts

Weaknesses: Allergic to Handing the Ball Off / Starbucks

sf.png

User: GreenMachine

Strengths: Playing Tomcat / Frank Gore / Scrambling Around Before Passing

Weaknesses: Laterals / Alex Smith's Tiny Hands / No Longer Has Nate Davis

sea.png

User: Plau

Strengths: Unknown / New User

Weaknesses: Friends With Brad

Posted · Report post

NFC East

phi.png

User: Avier

Strengths: Builds Tough Defenses / Is Using the Eagles

Weaknesses: Overvalues Dunta Robinson / 360 is Hooked Up Via 56K Internet Connection

nyg.png

User: Mercury

Strengths: Unknown -- New User

Weaknesses: Virtual Eli Manning Is Usually Garbage

was.png

User: Tigerhawk

Strengths: Is GreenMachine's Brother / Brian Orakpo

Weaknesses: John Beck / Rex Grossman / Kelly Clemens

dal.png

User: KennyG

Strengths: Roy Williams / Dropping Back 20 Yards and Throwing to Roy Williams / Draw Plays to Felix Jones

Weaknesses: Roy Williams is Gone / Madden 12 Doesnt Let You Drop Back 20 Yards and Throw / Inability to Properly Quote

NFC North

gb.png

User: Pwnz

Strengths: Passing Game / Packers Roster / Tiger / Tiger / Tiger / Tiger / Tiger / Tiger / Tiger / Tiger

Weaknesses: Anger Management / Inability to Play Madden After Snapping Disc in Half and/or Breaking Controller

det.png

User: Bosh

Strengths: Rushing Attack / Lions Defense Should Be Stacked

Weaknesses: Friends With Brad / Apparently Threw a Season To Get the #1 Pick, to Then Trade Said Pick and Get Next to Nothing

chi.png

User:

Strengths:

Weaknesses: Jay Cutlers Knee Doesnt Work in the Playoffs

min.png

User: Cincy

Strengths: AP Trade

Weaknesses: Harvin Trade

Posted · Report post

Hahaha, nice write ups. I'm having fun in NCAA, but am more than ready for this to get started no matter how terrible the Bengals are going to be.

Posted · Report post

Woot!

That is some funny ass shit bro, seriously.

Posted · Report post

Nce but you need to add rc and swift to my weaknesses and add being in the NFC south to my strengths :P

Posted · Report post

Great write up. Rams are gonna play smash mouth first couple years. My Oline is gonna be sick [face_grin]

I got Steven Jackson and Cadillac Williams plus the homerun hitting norwoood.

Posted · Report post

Great write up. Rams are gonna play smash mouth first couple years. My Oline is gonna be sick [face_grin]

I got Steven Jackson and Cadillac Williams plus the homerun hitting norwoood.

All 3 have health risks!

Posted · Report post

All 3 have health risks!

Jackson doesnt get hurt. he will be the workhorse. Plus he is a BEAST Norwood will be 3rd down back and Caddy will just be jack or all trades backup

Posted · Report post

Jackson doesnt get hurt. he will be the workhorse. Plus he is a BEAST Norwood will be 3rd down back and Caddy will just be jack or all trades backup

Gonna be hard to pound the rock when your down 3 scores in the 1st quarter.

Posted · Report post

Terrific write up, Jerg!! Even better than last year's! Can't wait for year 4, that's when I'll really shine.

Posted · Report post

Gonna be hard to pound the rock when your down 3 scores in the 1st quarter.

What do you mean? He has the Legion of Doom patrolling the Rams' defense, he won't be giving up 3 scores all year.

Posted · Report post

Hahahhaa...well done Jerg.....quite a few chuckles there

Posted · Report post

:P

Pre-ordered today [face_mischief_happy]

Posted · Report post

What do you mean? He has the Legion of Doom patrolling the Rams' defense, he won't be giving up 3 scores all year.

somebody that understands how tomcat plays defense [face_call]

Posted · Report post

From the Leaguemanager site -

The EDJ - "Second question on traded picks, as commissioner, can I manually move a pick, or will I have to get creative and force a trade of a scrub player for a pick and then release the player?

FYI, here is what Ive compiled for the 2012 draft so far (I havent touched 2013):

1st Round

Cleveland from Atlanta (2011 draft trade)

New England from New Orleans (2011 draft trade)

2nd Round

New England from Oakland (2011 draft trade)

Philadelphia from Arizona (QB Kevin Kolb)

Arizona from Philadelphia (CB DRC)

3rd Round

Chicago from Carolina (TE Greg Olsen) {uggh...}

4th Round

Washington from Oakland (QB Jason Campbell)

Philadelphia from Tampa Bay (2011 draft trade)

Buffalo from Baltimore (WR Lee Evans)

5th Round

Cincinnati from New England (WR Chad Ochocinco)

6th Round

Cleveland from Denver (QB Brady Quinn)

Philadelphia from New England (LB Tracy White)

Washington from Minnesota (QB Donovan McNabb)

New Orleans - conditional pick from Washington (OT Jammal Brown if he plays in 90% of the their offensive plays in 2011 or gets voted to the Pro Bowl.)

7th Round

Minnesota from Cleveland (DE Jayme Mitchell)

Kansas City from New England (S Jarrad Page)

New England from Philadelphia (LB Tracy White trade)

Minnesota from New England (WR Randy Moss trade)

St. Louis – conditional pick from Cleveland (OL John Greco - if he starts one game in 2011)"

---- So that's the complete list. If we wanted to do it, we would just do the first 3 rounds. All of which Leaguemanager should be able to easily sort and handle.

Only real team that gets a boost is Cleveland and New England. A 1st and a 2nd, gotta love that front office for the Pats.

Posted · Report post

I am ready for the season.

I make the following purchases last night!

Microsoft-Xbox-360-250GB-Console-image.jpg

Xbox 360 250 GB Slim

RF-GUV1124.JPG

Rocketfish Powerline Networking Kit to increase connection speed and stability.

Madden-NFL-12.jpg

Pre-Order Placed

Posted · Report post

From the Leaguemanager site -

The EDJ - "Second question on traded picks, as commissioner, can I manually move a pick, or will I have to get creative and force a trade of a scrub player for a pick and then release the player?

FYI, here is what Ive compiled for the 2012 draft so far (I havent touched 2013):

1st Round

New England from New Orleans (2011 draft trade)

2nd Round

New England from Oakland (2011 draft trade)

Philadelphia from Arizona (QB Kevin Kolb)

Arizona from Philadelphia (CB DRC)

3rd Round

Chicago from Carolina (TE Greg Olsen) {uggh...}

4th Round

Washington from Oakland (QB Jason Campbell)

Philadelphia from Tampa Bay (2011 draft trade)

Buffalo from Baltimore (WR Lee Evans)

5th Round

Cincinnati from New England (WR Chad Ochocinco)

6th Round

Cleveland from Denver (QB Brady Quinn)

Philadelphia from New England (LB Tracy White)

Washington from Minnesota (QB Donovan McNabb)

New Orleans - conditional pick from Washington (OT Jammal Brown if he plays in 90% of the their offensive plays in 2011 or gets voted to the Pro Bowl.)

7th Round

Minnesota from Cleveland (DE Jayme Mitchell)

Kansas City from New England (S Jarrad Page)

New England from Philadelphia (LB Tracy White trade)

Minnesota from New England (WR Randy Moss trade)

St. Louis – conditional pick from Cleveland (OL John Greco - if he starts one game in 2011)"

---- So that's the complete list. If we wanted to do it, we would just do the first 3 rounds. All of which Leaguemanager should be able to easily sort and handle.

Only real team that gets a boost is Cleveland and New England. A 1st and a 2nd, gotta love that front office for the Pats.

I say we just stick with the order we have at the end of the season, it will be impossible to keep track of real life trades that we had nothing to do with and Online Franchise trades.

Posted · Report post

I say we just stick with the order we have at the end of the season, it will be impossible to keep track of real life trades that we had nothing to do with and Online Franchise trades.

Once we launch the league, we ignore all new trades as the team is now under our ownership. We would only be enforcing the original trades that are in place when the season started, to reflect the actual balance of the real NFL. If a team values a player enough to give up picks for the player, they get the benefit of having that player on their roster, while the other team gets nothing? It wouldn't be that difficult to enforce the first 3 rounds of real life picks.

I really don't care as it has very little effect on many of the players in the league. The picks really don't make a huge difference as there weren't that many huge moves. The only team that really needs the extra pick they'd get are the Browns, as they are obviously an inferior team that could use an extra 1st. The Pats don't need extra picks, that's for sure.

So whatever the league decides is fine for me. When I suggested it I just really thought we might see some bigger pieces move around for picks. Like Carson Palmer, Umenyuira, Orton, McNabb maybe.

I mean if the Raiders had the 1st Round Pick this year, and the Panthers really wanted Cam Newton, and gave up their 1st and 2nd of 2012 to move up for Cam, do you think it'd be fine that you lost out on a 1st Round pick on your Madden team, and get nothing in return? That was really the purpose of it.

Posted · Report post

So what we didn't do that shit last year. Why start now. There isn't even a browns user. Just leave it ands let's play how we did in 10 and 11

Posted · Report post

Just an FYI. Anyone that shops at bestbuy, and is a gamers club member, if you preorder 5 games for the remainder of the year, you get $100 in points back. I was planning on buying 3 of the games anyways, so I figure might as well spend 300, get 100 back, rather than just spending 180.

I preordered Madden, Saints Row 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and Gears 3.