Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack OT

Pikachu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack OT
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Aren't the Pokemon Stadium games kinda useless without the Gameboy adapter thing that let you load your pokemon from saves?

I was thinking that, too. But then I remembered that there are a lot of different modes and mini-games that were - at least back in the day - a lot of fun to play. But yeah, I think the main "hook" of the game is pretty much lost without the Game Boy games and the Transfer Pak. 

5 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I was thinking that, too. But then I remembered that there are a lot of different modes and mini-games that were - at least back in the day - a lot of fun to play. But yeah, I think the main "hook" of the game is pretty much lost without the Game Boy games and the Transfer Pak. 

I remember that you can play it without a gameboy cartridge, but, iirc, the Pokemon selection without a gb cart was super limited.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I remember that you can play it without a gameboy cartridge, but, iirc, the Pokemon selection without a gb cart was super limited.

I honestly don’t remember what the PKMN selection was out of the “stable” pre-loaded on the cart. I would assume some legendaries like Mewtwo and the like aren’t available. But most are, I believe?

The real disappointing thing is, (even if they gave you ALL the Pokémon to choose from) you can’t choose their move set. Whatever load out the game has, that’s what you’re stuck with. And of course, their stats are pre-determined as well. No customization whatsoever. Which gets rid of, what I would consider, the most important and vital aspect of Pokémon.

The silver lining is, I suppose, is that this levels the playing field for head-to-head versus mode. You can’t just roll in with the team you’ve been building in the GB game for hours and hours on end and just wreck house against the stock Stadium creatures your friend might have to choose from. Now you actually have to be strategic about who you choose and what stats and moves the various monsters have. 

I’m starting to sound like a Pokémon Stadium apologist at this point, though. 

18 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

When I was in sixth form (education is statutory until 16 in the UK, then optional for two additional years, called sixth form) we smuggled a TV with an N64 and a copy of Pokemon Stadium in. This was…14 years ago, but the mini games were amazing.

Also, 1080 was in my top 5 N64 games and Excitebike was horribly underrated.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/9/2023 at 10:10 PM, stepee said:

I don’t remember 007 on Gameboy was it actually good?

I do think it’s crazy how the one Alone in the Dark GBC fan in the entire world happens to work at Nintendo in the VC department now. I mean, Im assuming that’s how that happened.

I did play a James Bond GB game that was brilliant (from memory) and was pretty much Links Awakening with James Bond. 

• Shocked 1

• 8 months later...