Cyberpunk 2077 - Ray-tracing: Overdrive Mode releasing on April 11

Mr.Vic20

I tried both new dlss3 updates on lunch and oh what a leap we have made these last two years! I did not expect to see cyberpunk running maxed out at 4k (dlss performance) at 120fps already. 

Dying Light 2 as well I did not expect to see running like this in less than a year. Had to drop to 1800p dlss performance and still had some drops here and there from 60fps last year and now it’s pretty much locked 120fps on dlss quality at 4k even with turning up the lod to 300%.

4000 series is expensive but also holy shit. It feels almost weird seeing CP running like it’s just nothing already. It’s like we jumped ahead few years.

• Halal 2

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Just a casual 73% performance increase… but “fAkE fRaMeS”

It looks like they’ve further improved latency as well since the initial release? Just going by their numbers in the article it looks like the ms is scaling downwards not too far out of line with normal lower ms from frames being higher? 

If you look at the native 4k 57fps on 3090ti ms of 78 and then 41ms for 138fps on a 4090 with FG, it makes it pretty funny when I see posts still from people saying that they could still feel the extra input latency so they “turned it off” - if real, they just mind tricked themselves from the initial concern trolling lol

2 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Now that I've got a 4070ti, maybe I should give this game a shot.

I honestly didn't love The Witcher 3, but Cyberpunk seems a bit my speed.

Not saying it’s better (but it is also more my speed) but yeah someone could definitely like CP and not W3 (and I’m sure the other way around)

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Not saying it’s better (but it is also more my speed) but yeah someone could definitely like CP and not W3 (and I’m sure the other way around)

Yeah I really just didn't like the combat or skill tree in TW3, and there was a lot of tedious questing I didn't care for either. Honestly if TW3 played liked BotW, I probably would have played through the whole game, but movement just feels clunky. And I played through TW1 and 2 to completion and enjoyed both of them.

1 minute ago, Bjomesphat said:

Yeah I really just didn't like the combat or skill tree in TW3, and there was a lot of tedious questing I didn't care for either. Honestly if TW3 played liked BotW, I probably would have played through the whole game, but movement just feels clunky. And I played through TW1 and 2 to completion and enjoyed both of them.

CP may have its issues, but clunky combat and movement is not one of them! Running around with a sword in CP rules.

edit: ahhhh i’ve never been so pumped for an expansion honestly 

• Like 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

It looks like they’ve further improved latency as well since the initial release? Just going by their numbers in the article it looks like the ms is scaling downwards not too far out of line with normal lower ms from frames being higher? 

If you look at the native 4k 57fps on 3090ti ms of 78 and then 41ms for 138fps on a 4090 with FG, it makes it pretty funny when I see posts still from people saying that they could still feel the extra input latency so they “turned it off” - if real, they just mind tricked themselves from the initial concern trolling lol

Yes. Also, vsync works with frame gen now (you need to force it in the nVidia control panel) without it causing insane input lag, so the image distortion and tearing issues from the fps exceeding refresh rate are done with too.

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yes. Also, vsync works with frame gen now (you need to force it in the nVidia control panel) without it causing insane input lag, so the image distortion and tearing issues from the fps exceeding refresh rate are done with too.

all that remains are artifacts at around 70fps or less, probably just a matter of time, and adoption is crazy good so far

They are NOT making it easy to concern troll this for very long :(

edit: tbf, my faith was strong after dlss2 but I can also see how a magic button that doubles your frame rate by just generating frames out of thin air is also some total bullshit besides the part where it works 

Just now, stepee said:

all that remains are artifacts at around 70fps or less, probably just a matter of time, and adoption is crazy good so far

They are NOT making it easy to concern troll this for very long :(

At 70fps you have to go out of your way to cause them, like go nuts shaking the camera super fast just to notice a split second of artifacts off angle in the distance. It’s really only an issue at 55 or so and under :p 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

At 70fps you have to go out of your way to cause them, like go nuts shaking the camera super fast just to notice a split second of artifacts off angle in the distance. It’s really only an issue at 55 or so and under :p 

I haven’t gotten low enough to see myself so I just threw a number out there :P

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I tried it out in plague tale requiem by manually limiting fps pre-vsync fix (I don’t think it works anymore via forced fps limits + vsync post-update :p ).

Actually I remembered I was testing fps in the 50s with fg in hitman 3 in my special frame killer level but I didn’t notice anything in particular at the time because I wasn’t looking for artifacts and after some bios maintenance I don’t go that low anymore!

magggiiicccc

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Actually I remembered I was testing fps in the 50s with fg in hitman 3 in my special frame killer level but I didn’t notice anything in particular at the time because I wasn’t looking for artifacts and after some bios maintenance I don’t go that low anymore!

It’s possible it may have more to do with forcing the fps that low and having vsync enabled pre-vsync fix. Almost like the card knows it can do more so the frame generation is getting messed up, like the AI is generating frames based on 60fps (without frame gen), but the limit being at 60fps is causing an overflow that’s causing the issues or something? Without a limit and frame gen doing its thing, even with a low base-fps, there’s no issue. I dunno.

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

magggiiicccc

God Of War Magic GIF by Santa Monica Studio

• True 1

What the fuck kinda black magic is DLSS3? I see that sentiment is already in this thread, but seriously, what the fuck? Even my 4080 is eating this game completely maxed out with full RT like it's goddamn nothing. And the mirror-like reflections in some area are the best I've seen in a game! And I've noticed no real input lag at all, it just feels normal.

• True 1

10 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

What the fuck kinda black magic is DLSS3? I see that sentiment is already in this thread, but seriously, what the fuck? Even my 4080 is eating this game completely maxed out with full RT like it's goddamn nothing. And the mirror-like reflections in some area are the best I've seen in a game! And I've noticed no real input lag at all, it just feels normal.

Yeah man, dlss2 seemed pretty crazy at first but this is just on another level. There really isn’t any noticeable downside and the gain is even greater.

I have a feeling it’s even easier on devs to implement too. Beyond the great initial support, I’m just not seeing the usual “botched implementation” examples so far you normally see for any new technology.

Also just a FYI to keep in mind since you’re new to the club that you don’t need dlss2/super resolution to use frame generation. So depending on the game, you can do Native res, dlaa, or use dsr and still use FG. It’s nice when you really wanna bump the IQ like I do NFS Unbound at like 5.5k. That’s why it’ll be great when everything starts shipping with it even less demanding games.

It’s definitely making me dread amd sponsorships more than ever before!

I fired this up today and played for a while. It's an awesome game and I may replay it once the DLC hits. The visuals look fantastic at 60fps and it offers everything I love about games. What a turn around from CD PROJEKT RED because the product that is offered now is a phenomenal game. 

I can't even imagine what you guys are witnessing on the PC!

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Also, I think male V has perfectly fine dialogue and is just fine. It runs at 60fps and I turned off film grain and it's some of the best visuals on PS5.

Those that have the powerhouse pcs must be in awe in how it looks and performs. :drool:

it’s fucking nuts not even going to lie lol

• Hugs 1

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

it’s fucking nuts not even going to lie lol

I've been searching on any updates on how the police react now with all the updates. Have they improved that? I can't find anything on it. 

Yea, I'm super jelly you get to play this fully maxed out in all categories. You deserve it though.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've been searching on any updates on how the police react now with all the updates. Have they improved that? I can't find anything on it. 

Yea, I'm super jelly you get to play this fully maxed out in all categories. You deserve it though.

I remember they improved it at one point don’t remember which patch but I don’t think it did much tbh. Maybe the expansion will tune it better!

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I remember they improved it at one point don’t remember which patch but I don’t think it did much tbh. Maybe the expansion will tune it better!

Ok, makes sense because there's no info on it. Yes, maybe the expansion will improve that. I'll tell ya what, night city is impressive and I really enjoy the rpg elements along with the great gunplay. 

• True 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:55 AM, crispy4000 said:

Still no Overdrive RT mode yet, huh?

On 1/31/2023 at 10:03 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm guessing that will drop with Phantom Liberty, but then again, who knows... 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:49 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Don't worry RT Overdrive will kill the FPS.

CP2077_Bike_City_Badged-1-672x378.png
BLOGS.NVIDIA.COM

Game developer CD PROJEKT RED today at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco unveiled a technology preview for Cyberpunk 2077 with path tracing, coming April 11. Path tracing, also known as full ray tracing, accurately simulates light throughout an entire scene. It’s used by visual effects artists to create film and TV graphics that Read article >

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Ray-tracing: Overdrive Mode releasing on April 11