Kyle "Final" Bosman is back talkin' about video games!

Commissar SFLUFAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Bacon said:

I disagree with Kyle. Nintendo games aren't the best shit. Not anymore.

I still haven't ever played a Mario game that I ever thought was anything less than balls-deep amazing. Super Mario Odyssey is easily one of my top 5 games of the last decade.

Otherwise, I agree with you, though. Zelda games have pretty much been batting .500 for me for the last decade or so.

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Super Mario Odyssey is easily one of my top 5 games of the last decade

7/10 for me. Amazing 10/10 mechanics. The hat was a great addition without changing core Mario mechanics, unlike the jet pack. However, no matter how you spin it the image is a huge issue for me that brings down my enjoyment to sub zero levels.

gTlwZye.png

This makes the game bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel the Super Mario RPG remake isn’t much a departure from the SNES original. The cutscenes may be more cinematic, (and maybe some of the attacks?) but the gameplay looks largely unchanged. Even the top-down isometric perspective is kept intact. Why not make it fully 3D? 

Still looking forward to it. And the remastered soundtrack. I know everyone loves the forest theme, but for me? Nothing beats that underground theme. 

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I feel the Super Mario RPG remake isn’t much a departure from the SNES original. The cutscenes may be more cinematic, (and maybe some of the attacks?) but the gameplay looks largely unchanged. Even the top-down isometric perspective is kept intact. Why not make it fully 3D? 

So many of the puzzles, secrets and jumping challenges are derived from the isometric perspective.  It’d lose something in translation.  Besides, when’s the last time you played an isometric RPG?

This is definitely a game I feel should be kept largely the same, structurally, as a remake.

22 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

So many of the puzzles, secrets and jumping challenges are derived from the isometric perspective.  It’d lose something in translation.  Besides, when’s the last time you played an isometric RPG?

This is definitely a game I feel should be kept largely the same, structurally, as a remake.

That’s fair. I’m just saying…if they are going to remake this game? Remake it. Don’t just give us a prettier version of a game that already exists. 

But it’s a stone-cold classic, so not changing it works perfectly well. And it’s good for new players.