LTTP: I just started watching Sons of Anarchy

Dunno why I didn't try this out before now. I'm 4 episodes in and hooked. I knew pretty much nothing going in, so at first, I thought Katey Segal's character was a loving mommy, then BOOM. She's gonna be good. I like having something to watch on my daily treadmill runs and this should fit the bill. I bet I blow through this pretty quickly.

Who all here has seen it?

• Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I've watched through it. Hard to say much without spoiling anything but I will say it's worth a watch through. It is a good show for what it is, but suffers most of the same drawbacks that a lot of the grey area, anti-hero shows that were all the rage in the '10's did.

This. It's a great show, and the first 4 seasons are really good. It then sort of meanders for awhile remaining entertaining and then the final season was pretty meh for me. Still a show I would recommend people watch though.

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Just as a heads up there is a spin-off show to Sons of Anarchy, Mayans M.C., which I have not seen which does have characters from Sons of Anarchy show up. It was just renewed for a fifth and final season, it is 10 episodes a season.

Yep, I knew about that. I'll likely watch it sometime after I've finished SOA.

• Halal 1

Season 2 wrapped up. Holy shit. 

FUCK Agent Stahl. What a massive cunt. I had a smidge of empathy after she broke down when she thought Opie would kill her. Now I wish he would have. Poor Gemma. 

Fuckin’ Irish, taking baby Abel. 

Godamn Zobelle getting away. But I’m glad Weston met his end. 

I just really love these characters and their relationships. Clay is a bastard, but I was glad he and Jax reconciled. And how he was with Gemma after he learned of her rape. Old Chief Unser is great. How he cares so much for Gemma, like she’s a daughter. 

No one in this show is truly good, but there are some evil bastards, so it’s easier to root for the Sons. I’m sure it’ll only get more complicated from here. 

I’m absolutely loving it so far. 

And I really want a motorcycle :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Season 2 wrapped up. Holy shit. 

FUCK Agent Stahl. What a massive cunt. I had a smidge of empathy after she broke down when she thought Opie would kill her. Now I wish he would have. Poor Gemma. 

Fuckin’ Irish, taking baby Abel. 

Godamn Zobelle getting away. But I’m glad Weston met his end. 

I just really love these characters and their relationships. Clay is a bastard, but I was glad he and Jax reconciled. And how he was with Gemma after he learned of her rape. Old Chief Unser is great. How he cares so much for Gemma, like she’s a daughter. 

No one in this show is truly good, but there are some evil bastards, so it’s easier to root for the Sons. I’m sure it’ll only get more complicated from here. 

I’m absolutely loving it so far. 

And I really want a motorcycle :p 

Continue to keep us posted - shit continues to get crazy.

• Like 1
  • True 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, got off track, took a lengthy break after the first couple episodes of season 4, but watched the rest of it over the last couple weeks. Really stressful and I’m sure it’ll only get worse, lol. But season 4 was great. Clay finally gets taken down. But I’m sure he’ll be up to some shit in the next season. 

Once again, some really great performances. Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff get some real emotion. Katey Segal keeps kicking ass as Gemma. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

I know this is an SOA thread, BUT ... Mayans M.C. just closed out it's series last night with a hell of a finale. Overall, the show had ups & downs but overall, the full story told, pairs well with SOA for sure. Well worth a watch & I know I'll be getting around to rewatching the full series to hopefully gain a better appreciation for it.

• Halal 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I started season 5 last week. I really like Nero, hope he doesn't turn out to be some super villain on the show. Jimmy Smits is great.

I guess I've fallen into alternating. I got back into Outlander after finishing season 4 of SoA, finished season 3 of it, then back to SoA. Maybe I'll just alternate for a bit.

Yeah, season 5 is really strong coming off of a strong season 4. I'll be curious to hear what you think of season 6 and especially 7.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Really? I personally thought S5 was where it really went off the rails. 

It is where it begins to go off the rails, but it's still got some good stuff for a lot of the supporting characters. As I said in my first post in this thread, after season 4 the show meanders for awhile but remains entertaining. I personally felt like seasons 6 and 7 were where the show was giving up. But season 5 (like Dexter season 5) is the season where the show's quality does turn, I agree. Binging it might make it all less bad though, I watched the show season to season, week to week. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It is where it begins to go off the rails, but it's still got some good stuff for a lot of the supporting characters. As I said in my first post in this thread, after season 4 the show meanders for awhile but remains entertaining. I personally felt like seasons 6 and 7 were where the show was giving up. But season 5 (like Dexter season 5) is the season where the show's quality does turn, I agree. Binging it might make it all less bad though, I watched the show season to season, week to week. 

Fair, and im actually sorry I brought it up, I don’t want to color her experience of the show. Like you, I was still very entertained, even if i had major issues with the way things happened. 

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Ooof . . . you got there. Yeah . . . :( But that's why season 5 is still good, it's got moments like that in it that are still earned.

Opie went through so much loss. He was a good friend and really not a bad guy. That one hurt. Should have been Tig. Not that I hate Tig, but he's so impulsive and this is all his fault. Well, it really goes back to Clay, but Tig's inability to think before he acts caused this.

• Like 1
  • True 1

• 4 weeks later...

Season 5 done. 

Motherfuckergoddammitwhatinthenfuckihateitall

Fucking cuntbitch Gemma, Jax is turning villain, and I almost feel a little bad for Clay. Feels like it’s all coming apart and the final two seasons are gonna be brutal. 

Side note: Tig and the dog was one of the most heartwarming things I’ve seen in this show. And dammit, I like Nero. He seems like a legit good guy at his core. 

• Hugs 2

Jimmy Smits is great. I’m pretty sure I’ve only ever seen him in the third season of Dexter. 

I also feel for Bobby. He wants to do what’s best for the club and wants Jax to be a different kind of leader. And Jax is just breaking his heart. 

I’d have been fine with the club voting to Mayhem Clay. That would feel earned. All the betrayal and setting him up really just made me feel a bit of sadness for him, realizing he really has no one now. And he did seem to truly regret a lot of his choices.