Pokémon: Let's Go Reviews

Pikachu

If I recall correctly, there's totally normal battles, but you catch Pokemon by seeing them and then catching them in non-combat ways. Which is fine by me, Pokemon battles against NPCs are ridiculously easy, having to fight wild ones was just tedious and only a challenge in the very early parts of Nuzlocke runs where you impose strict limitations upon yourself.

Will you partner with the energetic Pikachu...or the steadfast Eevee? Either way, the time has finally come to embark on a new journey through the beloved Kanto region! Become the best Pokémon Trainer as you battle other Trainers, Gym Leaders, and the sinister Team Rocket. Catch Pokémon in the wild using a gentle throwing motion with either a Joy-Con™ controller or a Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life. You can also use button controls in Handheld Mode. Share your adventure with family or friends using a second Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately). You can even connect to the Pokémon™ GO app using a compatible smartphone to bring over Kanto region Pokémon!

11 hours ago, johnny said:

Got the first badge. I like it and it’s definitely easier than a typical game. I’d probably only get it if you actually like Pokémon. 

Yeah it’s to hold us over until the main line Pokémon game releases next year. But this isn’t a cash grab spin off. It’s solid if you like Pokémon like you said. 

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Why is that?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Yeah why? You don’t have to use it. 

Because it just feels like a gimped joycon with less buttons. I wouldn't say I have large hands, but I find it more uncomfortable to hold than a joycon.

I probably won't next time I play

10 hours ago, Nokt said:

Because it just feels like a gimped joycon with less buttons. I wouldn't say I have large hands, but I find it more uncomfortable to hold than a joycon.

I probably won't next time I play

I love the pokeball controller. The size seems perfect to me and feels like a good size for the hand. Oh well, at least you have a cool collectible!  I enjoy playing mostly in handheld mode but it’s nice to throw the Pokeball at my TV to catch Pokémon sometimes!

4 hours ago, stepee said:

About 4 hours in and I’m really loving this. Xbob is right that not having random wild pokémon encounters and instead just seeing them in the world and catching them is much better!

Sooooooo much better. I got my first badge last night and was heading for the second before getting tired. I’ve been grinding and collecting everything on the way. You do know that if you catch the exact same Pokémon over and over it starts a chain. The longer the chain the more XP and stuff you can get. Just a heads up. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I love the pokeball controller. The size seems perfect to me and feels like a good size for the hand. Oh well, at least you have a cool collectible!  I enjoy playing mostly in handheld mode but it’s nice to throw the Pokeball at my TV to catch Pokémon sometimes

At least I got a mew out of it I guess. I thought about getting 151 since my buddy bought Pikachu and I got Eevee.

34 minutes ago, Nokt said:

At least I got a mew out of it I guess. I thought about getting 151 since my buddy bought Pikachu and I got Eevee.

Yeah Mew didn’t excite me too much. It’s still in my party for the time being but I can see it getting replaced when something better comes along. 

9 minutes ago, johnny said:

No it’s most known for being a move for Meowth but lots of Pokémon can learn it 

Weird cause I’ve played all the versions for the DS and 3DS but don’t remember that move. Course it could be all the alcohol that’s dumbing my memory. :lol: