Twitch bans gambling (to an extent)

Bacon

12 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I feel like that's implied but thanks for the personal experience.

They only thing that was implied was that you don't watch MOONMOON. Start watching MOONMOON this Friday at 6PM-ish EST, where he will be playing MGS4. 

Since I know you'll be watching, this is so you can catch-up. 

11 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I’ve never gotten the appeal of watching others playing games. I just don’t get it. 

But you enjoy watching football. Same thing except they are people good at video games or at least  do it in an entertaining fashion.

Or maybe you never went to an arcade back in the day and just watched guys kicking butt at Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter.

And it's not just for games you can watch an artist draw a picture or something for instance.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I’ve never gotten the appeal of watching others playing games. I just don’t get it. 

It’s the modern equivalent of a chat room except you’re all watching something common to talk about.  It’s no different than a quick look or a let’s play, there’s just other people to talk to.  

I will say on top of what I said that @LazyPiranha is also on the right track.

There are a variety of reasons you'd want to see a game being played but what keeps you coming back (well for some people) is the person playing the game. So a person you initially came to see play a game might seem cool and then you'll come back to see whatever they are playing so really you end up coming to see the person rather than the games.

I talk about Maximilian Dood on here a lot and while initially I found him because someone gave me a copy of Xbone Killer Instinct and I was wondering how I would start on the game. He had an assist me youtube series and then that eventually lead me to his streams (well he wasn't always a streamer) and even he branched out from fighting games so generally I just show up to see what he's doing because he generally has something interesting to say and  he and YOVG  end up playing a variety of games and hamming it up and it's almost like you're there hanging out with him too.

A while back my friends and I did similar things. We'd go over to each other's house and just talk and maybe we'd play a game together or someone would play a game themselves while we shot the breeze. The notion of "why would I ever watch someone do this" is such a silly comment, there are plenty of times before twitch was even a thing that this has happened and maybe you never even realized it. I know a lot of people are fans of Giant Bomb and for some people it's just a podcast website, but they do tons of video content, in fact they almost pioneered not doing reviews and doing quick looks instead, giving a person a glimpse of the game where they could form their own opinion just by seeing it be played.