How often do you eat fast food?

Fizzzzle

How often do you eat fast food?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How often?

• Multiple times a week
    • Fairly regularly (a few times a month)
    • Once a month or so
    • A few times a year,
    • Only and specifically when I'm drunk and/or high
    • Never, and yes I'm better than you

The only fast food I eat on a somewhat regular basis is Taco Bell. I probably get it once a month. on average. I definitely don't get it as much as I used to, considering it's not even really cheap anymore (that's true of fast food across the board). I have to be in a supreme amount of lethargy to get it.

There's an actual mexican food place fairly close to me that actually has really good food and it's maybe 10% more expensive than Taco Bell. The only problem is they close at 10. There's another Mexican food place by my house that is pretty good and stays open 24/7, but they're now like twice as expensive as Taco Bell, it's crazy.

Multiple times a week. Keeping up with the kids while working from home means there's a few days a week I'm ordering food. I do, however, do my best to deny them their base instincts of asking for McDonald's or Wendy's every day.

Fun times ahead. I don't even remember how I managed to get through this last year's summer vacation.

Dunno if any food you don't make at home qualifies as "fast food" but quite often. Most decent meals I could make at home are already nearly as expensive except I have to give up one to two hours to prepare, and I don't enjoy cooking, and no one else in the household likes it much either.

Still make the odd burgers, burritos, tacos, meatloaf, lasagna, curry, ham and potato stew, that kind of thing, but the idea that it's somehow significantly cheaper simply isn't true with the cost of groceries near me. Big soups and stews are probably the cheapest and last multiple days but people get sick of them real fuckin' fast. Things like salad are significantly cheaper to make at home here though, provided you skip all the organic bullshit.

Kinda going off of what Xbob is saying.

Over the pandemic I got into a habit of going to Jack in the Box at least once a week sometimes twice. I'd go on Saturday and if I was feeling lazy I might go on a Thursday as well. Then my doctor said I needed to eat less salt so I remembered I could eat spaghetti instead and now I make a potato for a meal. So really I might eat at Jack in the Box twice a month but I get the breakfast burrito. I don't get burgers there anymore. Sometimes I get a craving for Cane's so I go there every so often.

But if you're saying if you don't make it at home is it fast food, I do go to a Mexican place a couple times a week. I don't necessarily consider it fast food but maybe you do.

49 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Fast food is pretty much anywhere where your food comes out within a minute or two of ordering it.

If it's made to order, it's not fast food.

I don't even think McDonald's or Taco Bell around here get your food that fast. And they at least prepare it in the kitchen when you order it, so it's not just already sitting there being kept warm. Not cooking raw beef or anything but yeah, definitely not 1-2 minutes.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

I don't even think McDonald's or Taco Bell around here get your food that fast. And they at least prepare it in the kitchen when you order it, so it's not just already sitting there being kept warm. Not cooking raw beef or anything but yeah, definitely not 1-2 minutes.

Depending on what you get, everywhere where I live does that. If you roll into Popeyes, you're rolling out within 2 minutes, assuming there's no line. Same with McDonald's.

Taco Bell can be a different story if you're trying to go there at 2am on a weekend.

The driver side window in my car got stuck a couple years ago, and I intentionally never got it fixed because I was going through drive-thrus way too often. Sure, I could open the car door to pay/get my food, but that’s crazy. Now if I want fast food, I have to walk into the place, which makes the entire concept far less appealing. :p

Now I get a McDonalds breakfast maybe once a month, and that’s about it. 

Multiple times per week.  Taco Bell most often.  I'm lazy and it's easy to eat relatively well there compared to cooking for myself at home.  The Woman usually cooks dinner, but during the work day I'm on my own for lunch and it's almost always fast food.

At least once a week.  We literally don't have time not to.  Wife and I work full time.  Son has soccer practice 2 days a week with a game on Saturday.  Daughter does a girls on the run program twice a week.  One night a week the kids go to get together thing with other kids at a church.  We have gone through meal prep phases in the past but then we would spend almost all of Sunday in the kitchen between meal prepping for the week and also making breakfast/lunch/dinner for that day.  I welcome any day I can just buy fast food.

We cook most of our meals, but during the pandemic we fell into the habit of ordering in on Sunday nights. Sometimes that is something nicer, but often it ends up being some quick local mexican food, which I put into the "fast food" category.

I very seldomly eat at a chain fast food place, usually either on road trips or if I need to travel somewhere for work and need a quick lunch.

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

I'm curious then: what isn't fast food? Where's the line? 

Sit-down restaurant chains are the line. Chinese takeout and Pizza are 100% fast food. Texas Roadhouse and Outback aren't fast food. Chilis and Olive Garden straddle the line but considering it would take more than 10 minutes to obtain your food if you walked in and ordered I don't consider it fast. You can just walk into a Chinese place or pizza place and be out fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I'm curious then: what isn't fast food? Where's the line? 

Fast food is shit like Taco Bell and McDonalds. Just because some food can be made /  cooked fast doesn't make it a fast food. I can get a fresh sushi roll made in minutes, but I wouldn't call sushi fast food. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 2