Roy Jones Jr. was UNREAL in his prime.

CastletonSnob

He ruined himself when he put on 30LBS of muscle and went up to heavyweight and then lost it and came back down to light heavy. My theory is that once he lost a step he was done. He was so physically superior that he could break a lot of the fundamental rules of boxing, but once his physical abilities started to deteriorate, he didn't have the fundamentals to fall back on. He had gotten so used to breaking rules that his bad habits caught up to him, similar to Manny Pacquiao. Roy was AMAZING though. I remember seeing the fight in your top clip live.

Nice to see another boxing fan here lol! You still watch?

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He ruined himself when he put on 30LBS of muscle and went up to heavyweight and then lost it and came back down to light heavy. My theory is that once he lost a step he was done. He was so physically superior that he could break a lot of the fundamental rules of boxing, but once his physical abilities started to deteriorate, he didn't have the fundamentals to fall back on. He had gotten so used to breaking rules that his bad habits caught up to him, similar to Manny Pacquiao. Roy was AMAZING though. I remember seeing the fight in your top clip live.

I watch fights online after they've happened, not live on streams.

45 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Didn't know you knew so much about boxing, too. I'm not really a fan but obviously looked up a bunch of Tyson stuff etc through the years. I find boxing pretty barbaric. I know that's not a popular opinion. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Didn't know you knew so much about boxing, too. I'm not really a fan but obviously looked up a bunch of Tyson stuff etc through the years. I find boxing pretty barbaric. I know that's not a popular opinion. 

I grew up in it. My stepfather and father were both big boxing fans. Stepdad taught me a couple of punches when I was five and being bullied and my Dad was golden gloves when he was a teenager. I also trained in martial arts too until my late teens. I LOVE boxing. I get that folks think its barbaric but it's, to me, sport competition in its purest form.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I grew up in it. My stepfather and father were both big boxing fans. Stepdad taught me a couple of punches when I was five and being bullied and my Dad was golden gloves when he was a teenager. I also trained in martial arts too until my late teens. I LOVE boxing. I get that folks think its barbaric but it's, to me, sport competition in its purest form.

I understand. That sounded like a Rocky's script. :p

In all seriousness, that's awesome.

• Haha 1