The Mariners

thewhyteboar

28 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Sort of wish baseball had a going away celebration for Albert like they did for for Jeter and Rivera, but I get it that sort of thing is reserved for Yankees players. Would have been nice to see Arizona do something like give him a piece of the old scoreboard or have Randy Johnson do a ceremonial first pitch to him at the start of the series. 

David Ortiz got one.

Odd Pujols isn't.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

David Ortiz got one.

Odd Pujols isn't.

I forgot about Ortiz. I meant to mention but the major jerk off sessions that teams did for the Yankees players just jump to the forefront of my mind. 

I mean I guess Arizona gave him a going away gift by aiding him on his quest to 700. But it would have been nice to see that same type of thing him.

Framber Valdez is a better #2 than most team’s #1, by a lot. If he keeps this streak going, he will surpass deGrom for the all time record before the season ends. Incredible year for the guy

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

As expected by me. Perfect fit for this squad, that Trey Mancini

In all fairness, you gotta hit it a ton now to get it out of the park after that “improvement” they did in Baltimore. He’s in a hitters paradise now in your domed ballpark, with a much shorter outfield wall to master. Can’t wait to see the new outfield design for the coming 2023 Jays season after phase one of the reno.

7 hours ago, silentbob said:

In all fairness, you gotta hit it a ton now to get it out of the park after that “improvement” they did in Baltimore. He’s in a hitters paradise now in your domed ballpark, with a much shorter outfield wall to master. Can’t wait to see the new outfield design for the coming 2023 Jays season after phase one of the reno.

Yes, that’s why he was a perfect fit 😂 Right handed, pull hitter, with pop? Will eat up the Crawford Boxes.

20 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

At least not the elbow

Since the AL is pretty much not good, I just want to put all the Astros hurt dudes on the shelf until the last week of September

@rc0101   @Dodger

This makes me nervous. Seen a LOT of future TJ surgeries start with “forearm strain” IL stints 😬😬😬😬😬 Or could be like McCullers and a flexor tendon strain, which can also be a lot of missed time. 

Hopefully nothing serious. Tony has been great in 22

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

@rc0101   @Dodger

This makes me nervous. Seen a LOT of future TJ surgeries start with “forearm strain” IL stints 😬😬😬😬😬 Or could be like McCullers and a flexor tendon strain, which can also be a lot of missed time. 

Hopefully nothing serious. Tony has been great in 22

F

Time for September call-ups!

Hunter Brown (SP), Astros top prospect and Yankee Diaz (1B/C), Astros #3 will be on the big league club for the first time come Thursday. Much excite for both guys!

5 hours ago, Dodger said:

Yeah that's not good news, and Goose throws a splitter which is notoriously hard on the arm. Hopefully it's not that big of a deal and doesn't end up in Buehler situation where he ends up needing TJ months later. 

Read no MRI and the tests they did showed no structural damage. So semi good news. 

2 hours ago, rc0101 said:

Read no MRI and the tests they did showed no structural damage. So semi good news. 

They are saying good things and for now say they expect him to miss the minimum.

Kimbrel can’t be the post season closer. Trienan comes back next week, hopefully he’s good and can close. Or Evan Phillips.

• Like 1